First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
US: Boy, 11, shoots and kills girl, 8, with father's shotgun
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15
You would think they would know basic gun safety protocols in the South. Wait nvm, its filled with inbred hicks who read at the 2nd grade level
24251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/15
That gun must have been as big as he is, also come the fuck on people. Charge the parent too for not properly locking up their gun.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/8/15
So many things wrong with this I don't know where to start...
20663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 10/8/15
Where did he get the shotgun...why didn't the father have it locked up.

Simple safety could have stopped this from happening

Poor girl and i feel bad for the boy also in the sense that when he is 18 he is going to be regretting what he did and probs have ptsd.

But he at the same time doesn't deserve sympathy.
28113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15

onibrotonel wrote:

NRA is a powerful organization. They won't falter even with this.



It's not just the NRA, they are just a well financed advocate group. The same companies that arm our military "for our peace keeping missions" over seas also manufacture guns for the retail market. These companies are just plain huge. You will not see guns going away anytime soon. I don't own a firearm, but I know I'm not personally wild about waiving a constitutional right. The second amendment is important as it is supposed keep the government from growing more powerful than the people it's representing, but I guess we are beyond that already. It reads "A well regulated militia", and I think that's where people should be focusing their efforts. We need stricter laws and yearly background/psych checks, people must be able to prove their firearms are being locked away where they cannot be used for criminal purposes.
Posted 10/8/15
Must have mistaken it for a toy gun. They look so real these days.
6088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

Awaken_Riceball_ wrote:


uncletim wrote:

I am no longer surprised or shocked anymore

-snips-


I agree, I am no longer surprised or shocked anymore. It is a sad reality during our lifetime into the 21st century..





    ^



144735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Overlord's Castle
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15
Another reason why parents should go back to beating their children as a punishment. Back in the day you got spanked if you did something wrong. Honestly kids are growing up thinking they can do whatever they want without consequence. Sick times we live in.
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

dragontackle wrote:

You would think they would know basic gun safety protocols in the South. Wait nvm, its filled with inbred hicks who read at the 2nd grade level


Please do not stereotype all of us.

Yes, this should have NEVER happened, but that doesn't make all of us inbred hicks.
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15

MysticGon wrote:

That gun must have been as big as he is, also come the fuck on people. Charge the parent too for not properly locking up their gun.



Yes... this... please do this.


Ryulightorb wrote:

Where did he get the shotgun...why didn't the father have it locked up..


My step-child lives with his father. He is 9. His father allows him to keep an unloaded gun in his room.

Unloaded or not, to me, this is just insane.

Also, my step-son is one messed up little kid, and him doing things like this scares the hell out of me. But... I only see him every other weekend, so I only have so much control.
5117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


dragontackle wrote:

You would think they would know basic gun safety protocols in the South. Wait nvm, its filled with inbred hicks who read at the 2nd grade level


Please do not stereotype all of us.

Yes, this should have NEVER happened, but that doesn't make all of us inbred hicks.


Same. I am getting tired of the South being generalized this way. Only proves ignorance is not just in the minds of the parents letting kids get a hold of guns like this, but in people like you that have to hide behind generalizations and insults to prove any kind of point.

On another note, my father taught me gun safety, and showed me where the gun was. He told me if I ever wanted to look at it, to ask him first and he would get it out, but I was told never to get it out myself. Guess what? I never messed with the hand gun, the shotgun, or the rifle.

But, they were ALWAYS in arms reach. But I was smart enough, I knew a gun can kill, and that they were not toys. It is the same common sense hey if I play with a chainsaw I might get hurt. I didn't need it to be locked away, I had enough self control.

And this is true for a lot of my friends here too growing up, guns were always in reach, and we never played with them.

Locking them up is obviously a good way to keep kids from getting them and shooting them like this, but it also goes into teaching and raising your kids correctly, as well as gun safety. There was a time in America when guns were brought into classrooms, and students would be given a rifle by the teacher, hands on safety classes. They did away with that and I am not sure why.
49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/13/15

uncletim wrote:

I am no longer surprised or shocked anymore

Watch the NRA with the statement "Well if the girl had a gun she could have defended herself we must be allowed to arm 8 year olds"


Because you believe children should be allowed access to guns?

Even the NRA thinks you should lock up your guns unless you're training your kid in it's use or maintenance. Guns for everyone, but safety first is basically what they preach.

But let's ignore that and just hate on the NRA because one retarded parent left not only a shotgun, but ammo out for his kid to use. Let's not focus on the fact that this wouldn't have happened if the kids parents weren't so irresponsible and most likely horrible parents in general to have raised a kid that at 11 years old thinks it's okay to kill people over a puppy petting dispute.

Not that I'm pro-NRA, I just believe that blame should be focused on those responsible, not a 3rd party that happens to deal with the object involved in the incident. It's like blaming an auto enthusiast organization because someone pedestrian got hit by a car that was stolen by a psychopathic adolescent.
Posted 10/8/15

BearSol wrote:


uncletim wrote:

I am no longer surprised or shocked anymore

Watch the NRA with the statement "Well if the girl had a gun she could have defended herself we must be allowed to arm 8 year olds"


Because you believe children should be allowed access to guns?

Even the NRA thinks you should lock up your guns unless you're training your kid in it's use or maintenance. Guns for everyone, but safety first is basically what they preach.

But let's ignore that and just hate on the NRA because one retarded parent left not only a shotgun, but ammo out for his kid to use. Let's not focus on the fact that this wouldn't have happened if the kids parents weren't so irresponsible and most likely horrible parents in general to have raised a kid that at 11 years old thinks it's okay to kill people over a puppy petting dispute.

Not that I'm pro-NRA, I just believe that blame should be focused on those responsible, not a 3rd party that happens to deal with the object involved in the incident. It's like blaming an auto enthusiast organization because someone pedestrian got hit by a car that was stolen by a psychopathic adolescent.


Depends, I think he's angry at the NRA for being against nearly all gun regulation. As it stands now it's easier to get a gun than a car. No monthly check ups, no training or classes, I mean it seems ridiculous that you have to train police officers but not the armed citizen.
5117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15
That is assuming if you are a deranged individual, you would fail a gun class. Aren't most sociopaths and psychopaths really good at acting normal, doing the motions to show they are okay, when in reality they are a monster?

Heaver regulation might catch some of the really crazy people that have the Joker laugh down, but truly deranged individuals who just want to kill, you will note, a lot of them showed no signs beyond maybe being slightly anti-social. Some of them are in fact upstanding citizens and just one day crack. They would still be able to get a gun, and nothing would be solved. This is why the NRA is against it, it in itself won't solve the source of the problem.

You would weed out the obvious ones that post crap on social media about killing, but the fact so many of these shootings happen and are not stopped, proves most of these individuals never showed enough signs to warrant suspicion of being a killer.



EDIT: That came out weird. I do fully agree with full gun safety and training classes when you buy a gun and everything. But, that won't inherently stop deranged individuals from getting guns themselves. But, training citizens how to shoot and operate a gun, to take down a deranged individual before they can get a shot off... That is how you stop the shooting problem.
Posted 10/8/15

Imperiex wrote:

That is assuming if you are a deranged individual, you would fail a gun class. Aren't most sociopaths and psychopaths really good at acting normal, doing the motions to show they are okay, when in reality they are a monster?

Heaver regulation might catch some of the really crazy people that have the Joker laugh down, but truly deranged individuals who just want to kill, you will note, a lot of them showed no signs beyond maybe being slightly anti-social. Some of them are in fact upstanding citizens and just one day crack. They would still be able to get a gun, and nothing would be solved. This is why the NRA is against it, it in itself won't solve the source of the problem.

You would weed out the obvious ones that post crap on social media about killing, but the fact so many of these shootings happen and are not stopped, proves most of these individuals never showed enough signs to warrant suspicion of being a killer.



EDIT: That came out weird. I do fully agree with full gun safety and training classes when you buy a gun and everything. But, that won't inherently stop deranged individuals from getting guns themselves. But, training citizens how to shoot and operate a gun, to take down a deranged individual before they can get a shot off... That is how you stop the shooting problem.


Assuming a majority of crimes are committed by deranged individuals rather than people with a gun. Take George Zimmerman. Do you think he would've followed Martin without a gun? Of course not. How about Billy Woodward? Bit controversial, but I disagree with the notion that he needed to execute his neighbors.

I feel as if competency classes/tests are needed to weed out the stupid people from the group. After all, do we not have a sign test for cars? How about classes for driving competency? I don't see why the same can't applied to guns. Having a gun is a responsibility. Although I digress that it is up to the person on what they think is the appropriate level of government intervention in guns.

Not to mention the fact that quite a number of deranged individuals have at least a history. There's that to work on, though I disagree with the fact of a mental health registry. Too many things can go wrong with it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.