First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
US: Boy, 11, shoots and kills girl, 8, with father's shotgun
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15
"The young gunman is one of six siblings, who range in age from 8 to 12."

6 kids in four years...unless there's some twins in the mix that's some serious hick breeding right there
5117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Imperiex wrote:

That is assuming if you are a deranged individual, you would fail a gun class. Aren't most sociopaths and psychopaths really good at acting normal, doing the motions to show they are okay, when in reality they are a monster?

Heaver regulation might catch some of the really crazy people that have the Joker laugh down, but truly deranged individuals who just want to kill, you will note, a lot of them showed no signs beyond maybe being slightly anti-social. Some of them are in fact upstanding citizens and just one day crack. They would still be able to get a gun, and nothing would be solved. This is why the NRA is against it, it in itself won't solve the source of the problem.

You would weed out the obvious ones that post crap on social media about killing, but the fact so many of these shootings happen and are not stopped, proves most of these individuals never showed enough signs to warrant suspicion of being a killer.



EDIT: That came out weird. I do fully agree with full gun safety and training classes when you buy a gun and everything. But, that won't inherently stop deranged individuals from getting guns themselves. But, training citizens how to shoot and operate a gun, to take down a deranged individual before they can get a shot off... That is how you stop the shooting problem.


Assuming a majority of crimes are committed by deranged individuals rather than people with a gun. Take George Zimmerman. Do you think he would've followed Martin without a gun? Of course not. How about Billy Woodward? Bit controversial, but I disagree with the notion that he needed to execute his neighbors.

I feel as if competency classes/tests are needed to weed out the stupid people from the group. After all, do we not have a sign test for cars? How about classes for driving competency? I don't see why the same can't applied to guns. Having a gun is a responsibility. Although I digress that it is up to the person on what they think is the appropriate level of government intervention in guns.

Not to mention the fact that quite a number of deranged individuals have at least a history. There's that to work on, though I disagree with the fact of a mental health registry. Too many things can go wrong with it.


Well, like I said, I agree with the classes too. It would weed out idiots, but the people that are committing school shootings and mass shootings, are not people like Zimmerman, they are deranged individuals. This kid wasn't an idiot, he was a deranged individual. So my point still stands in regards to what I was talking to, not crimes in general.

I agree with no mental health registry, but they could pass such tests we already have in place, and still be deranged, with little history, in regards to some of them.
Posted 10/8/15

Imperiex wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Imperiex wrote:

That is assuming if you are a deranged individual, you would fail a gun class. Aren't most sociopaths and psychopaths really good at acting normal, doing the motions to show they are okay, when in reality they are a monster?

Heaver regulation might catch some of the really crazy people that have the Joker laugh down, but truly deranged individuals who just want to kill, you will note, a lot of them showed no signs beyond maybe being slightly anti-social. Some of them are in fact upstanding citizens and just one day crack. They would still be able to get a gun, and nothing would be solved. This is why the NRA is against it, it in itself won't solve the source of the problem.

You would weed out the obvious ones that post crap on social media about killing, but the fact so many of these shootings happen and are not stopped, proves most of these individuals never showed enough signs to warrant suspicion of being a killer.



EDIT: That came out weird. I do fully agree with full gun safety and training classes when you buy a gun and everything. But, that won't inherently stop deranged individuals from getting guns themselves. But, training citizens how to shoot and operate a gun, to take down a deranged individual before they can get a shot off... That is how you stop the shooting problem.


Assuming a majority of crimes are committed by deranged individuals rather than people with a gun. Take George Zimmerman. Do you think he would've followed Martin without a gun? Of course not. How about Billy Woodward? Bit controversial, but I disagree with the notion that he needed to execute his neighbors.

I feel as if competency classes/tests are needed to weed out the stupid people from the group. After all, do we not have a sign test for cars? How about classes for driving competency? I don't see why the same can't applied to guns. Having a gun is a responsibility. Although I digress that it is up to the person on what they think is the appropriate level of government intervention in guns.

Not to mention the fact that quite a number of deranged individuals have at least a history. There's that to work on, though I disagree with the fact of a mental health registry. Too many things can go wrong with it.


Well, like I said, I agree with the classes too. It would weed out idiots, but the people that are committing school shootings and mass shootings, are not people like Zimmerman, they are deranged individuals. This kid wasn't an idiot, he was a deranged individual. So my point still stands in regards to what I was talking to, not crimes in general.

I agree with no mental health registry, but they could pass such tests we already have in place, and still be deranged, with little history, in regards to some of them.

You'd be surprised how obvious teen patients are. Why I could pick them out in a crowd. Just saying. People that are able to deceive an evaluation are quite rare. Often you'll be cynical and notice discrepancies in clinical history of the individual. People don't get better all of a sudden, nor do most people crack and go Postal 2. A perfect example was display in Terminator 2, Judgement Day, if you've watched the film.
5117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15
With how many deranged fellows are out and about I respectfully disagree. If it was that eastly we wouldnt have so many in the school system doing this terrible acts of violence, guns or no guns. But I do agree on gun training needing to be prioritized. Also cheers to respectful discussion and not insulting each other. :p
819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 10/8/15
Well. Nothing will change. America won't change their gun laws no matter how many children become killers.
17873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Online
Posted 10/8/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


BearSol wrote:


uncletim wrote:

I am no longer surprised or shocked anymore

Watch the NRA with the statement "Well if the girl had a gun she could have defended herself we must be allowed to arm 8 year olds"


Because you believe children should be allowed access to guns?

Even the NRA thinks you should lock up your guns unless you're training your kid in it's use or maintenance. Guns for everyone, but safety first is basically what they preach.

But let's ignore that and just hate on the NRA because one retarded parent left not only a shotgun, but ammo out for his kid to use. Let's not focus on the fact that this wouldn't have happened if the kids parents weren't so irresponsible and most likely horrible parents in general to have raised a kid that at 11 years old thinks it's okay to kill people over a puppy petting dispute.

Not that I'm pro-NRA, I just believe that blame should be focused on those responsible, not a 3rd party that happens to deal with the object involved in the incident. It's like blaming an auto enthusiast organization because someone pedestrian got hit by a car that was stolen by a psychopathic adolescent.


Depends, I think he's angry at the NRA for being against nearly all gun regulation. As it stands now it's easier to get a gun than a car. No monthly check ups, no training or classes, I mean it seems ridiculous that you have to train police officers but not the armed citizen.


This.I guess my sarcasm was lost on him maybe I should just dumb it down for him
9607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 10/8/15
This is just ridiculously sad.
Posted 10/8/15
Rekt
63430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/15 , edited 10/8/15
muricaz

wee needz our gunz fo protectionz!


personally any one who fails to handle its fire arms safely and doesn't know how to keep it away from children/other people
deserve to lose the right to carry/own guns

just like cars u DUI u lose ur license and u end up locked up.

im all for gun control this way the good people can still carry and protect
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/8/15

klote2314 wrote:

muricaz

wee needz our gunz fo protectionz!


personally any one who fails to handle its fire arms safely and doesn't know how to keep it away from children/other people
deserve to lose the right to carry/own guns

just like cars u DUI u lose ur license and u end up locked up.

im all for gun control this way the good people can still carry and protect


How about we take away your First Amendment right because you are abusing your keyboard?
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 10/8/15
I believe the boy and his father are at fault here, if you have a child, let alone six, any and all firearms should be locked in a gun cabinet. This could have been avoided if the father had it locked up.
63430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15

VZ68 wrote:


klote2314 wrote:

muricaz

wee needz our gunz fo protectionz!


personally any one who fails to handle its fire arms safely and doesn't know how to keep it away from children/other people
deserve to lose the right to carry/own guns

just like cars u DUI u lose ur license and u end up locked up.

im all for gun control this way the good people can still carry and protect


How about we take away your First Amendment right because you are abusing your keyboard?


typical its not the same.

but who cares right murica we needz our gunz cant type on my keyboard without my gunz
aduthu 
16015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
A tragic shooting takes place and here comes the anti-gun crowd. Liberals will never waste an opportunity to exploit a tragedy.

People have been committing murder, by any means necessary, since the dawn of civilization. If a sick individual wants to kill someone, they will find a way to achieve their goal. Anything....anything can be used as a weapon, including your hands, feet, head, etc. So, are we going to start chopping off our own extremities to protect others? I'm making this ridiculous comparison because this whole argument is ridiculous in nature. It's not the tools used but the individual that is responsible. Demonizing guns, NRA, and "murica" (i'm quite sick of pseudo-intellectuals using this term) isn't constructive and only displays insidious intent. Stop exploiting tragedies for political gain and work on solutions that don't involve circumventing the 2nd Amendment.

10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

klote2314 wrote:


typical its not the same.

but who cares right murica we needz our gunz cant type on my keyboard without my gunz


Not even American, have a good day.
Posted 10/9/15
How tragic

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.