Cannot cancel recurring payment
Posted 10/9/15
Recently I started a free trial with Crunchyroll. I forgot to cancel it, and it charged my bank for another month, but my bank had no money in it, so the charge was returned, and I was charged a hefty fee. When I try to cancel my recurring payments, I get sent to the same survey page that says I cannot cancel my membership at this time. I would really like to get this taken care of before I'm charged again, as I do not want another month of Crunchyroll.

One Punch Mod
85792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

Raximous wrote:

Recently I started a free trial with Crunchyroll. I forgot to cancel it, and it charged my bank for another month, but my bank had no money in it, so the charge was returned, and I was charged a hefty fee. When I try to cancel my recurring payments, I get sent to the same survey page that says I cannot cancel my membership at this time. I would really like to get this taken care of before I'm charged again, as I do not want another month of Crunchyroll.



As I understand it, when the payment fails, Crunchy keeps trying to process payment for a while (I'm not sure how long) and you end up stuck, because while there's a payment pending you can't cancel. You should contact customer support directly to get it resolved. Use the Contact Us form, and be sure to specify Billing as the problem so that it gets to the person who can help most quickly.
Der Zoodirektor
23357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/11/15

Raximous wrote:

Recently I started a free trial with Crunchyroll. I forgot to cancel it, and it charged my bank for another month, but my bank had no money in it, so the charge was returned, and I was charged a hefty fee. When I try to cancel my recurring payments, I get sent to the same survey page that says I cannot cancel my membership at this time. I would really like to get this taken care of before I'm charged again, as I do not want another month of Crunchyroll.



Replied to your ticket.
Posted 10/11/15



It clearly says on my profile that it is recurring and that it will renew on the 5th of November.
Der Zoodirektor
23357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/11/15 , edited 10/11/15

Raximous wrote:

It clearly says on my profile that it is recurring and that it will renew on the 5th of November.



"cancelled by User 2015-10-06 20:18:53 PDT" is what the backend says.

You can additionally revoke the payments via the Preapproved payments menu in your Paypal account (bottom right in the gear menu), if it's not already revoked there.
Posted 10/11/15

shinryou wrote:


Raximous wrote:

It clearly says on my profile that it is recurring and that it will renew on the 5th of November.



"cancelled by User 2015-10-06 20:18:53 PDT" is what the backend says.

You can additionally revoke the payments via the Preapproved payments menu in your Paypal account (bottom right in the gear menu), if it's not already revoked there.


I've already done that, but the fact that I cannot cancel my account here, stop the recurring payments or delete my account still concerns me. Is there no way you can manually do one of those for me?

Der Zoodirektor
23357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/11/15
They are certainly canceled in the backend, that's what counts. You can't nuke the account as long as you have premium status. You will be able to once it runs out.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/17/15
OP Nuked. Locked.
You must be logged in to post.