Created by Kid2daKrazx
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Nihongo hanashimasu ka
2496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Baton Rouge, Loui...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15
Pretty simple and obvious question here but who here is actually learning, practicing or already know Japanese? And if you are, how are you learning it?

And on the flipside, if you choose to not learn Japanese, why not?

Also, for those that don't know Japanese, "Nihongo hanashimasu ka" translates to "do you speak Japanese" but literally is "Japanese speak ?"
926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
少し
2496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Baton Rouge, Loui...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
impressive, where you get your know-how from? I'm using Mango Languages through my library
926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
My husband is half so I spend a lot of time with his mom. I learned to write it first on my own, then I bought some children's learning DVDs that were only in Japanese. I think it would've been a lot harder to learn if I didn't have someone to speak it with everyday
2496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Baton Rouge, Loui...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15
impressive I can only speak a little bit of it, I can't write any, though.
9494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / lost in thought p...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
im taking japanese as my foreign language this year but i havent started it yet
926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

kirito15050 wrote:

im taking japanese as my foreign language this year but i havent started it yet


That's cool! I took German in highschool for 2 years and then was an aide for two years but I lost almost all of it because I don't speak it everyday :/ I hope you like learning Japanese! It was fun for me so I think it made me want to study!
926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

Kid2daKrazx wrote:

impressive I can only speak a little bit of it, I can't write any, though.


That's cool that you can speak it! For me writing has been hard, but his Family sends us letters and gifts a lot so I'm writing thank you notes and things back. I can only write in hirigana and katakana though because there is like 6,000 kanji so I have to write everything out
9494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / lost in thought p...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

Savannniimee wrote:


kirito15050 wrote:

im taking japanese as my foreign language this year but i havent started it yet


That's cool! I took German in highschool for 2 years and then was an aide for two years but I lost almost all of it because I don't speak it everyday :/ I hope you like learning Japanese! It was fun for me so I think it made me want to study!


thanks
10651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15
挨拶ぐらいなら

日本語に興味ある方には、Tae Kim の文法サイトお勧め
読みやすくて、初歩から日本語の文法を教えてくれる。
Those interested in learning should check out Tae Kim's guide. It's a good source for learning the grammar.
926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

namealreadytaken wrote:

挨拶ぐらいなら


そうですか?おげんきべすか?おはよう! things like greetings? And small talk?
10651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 10/9/15

Savannniimee wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:

挨拶ぐらいなら


そうですか?おげんきべすか?おはよう! things like greetings? And small talk?


はい =^ ^=
ハローとか、 グッドモーニング とか。
2496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Baton Rouge, Loui...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
see, I can't read that

you got a link to Tae Kim?
10651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 10/9/15

Kid2daKrazx wrote:

see, I can't read that

you got a link to Tae Kim?


http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/

actual textbook is arguably better imo, but Tae Kim is really good for a free resource.
926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

namealreadytaken wrote:


Savannniimee wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:

挨拶ぐらいなら


そうですか?おげんきべすか?おはよう! things like greetings? And small talk?


はい =^ ^=
ハローとか、 グッドモーニング とか。


すごい! よくやりました! You are very good at kanji also, I cannot write kanji

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.