First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Great, another romance...
13568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Winnipeg
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

_Bender_ wrote:

I'm not okay with it either. I understand that it can help thicken some plot but a good story honestly shouldn't need it. Not to mention that its incredibly unrealistic that you can just pair everyone up in the end. Because that's not how that works, relationships are messy and sometimes people are left all alone.
And as for Sakura's and Sasuke's relationship, I would have honest prefered that it didn't happen. I really really wanted Sasuke to die at the last battle because that's the only way that I could really forgive him as a character for what he had done.
I really liked how they made Sakura kind of like a single mom though. I think that was a really good move, I just don't think it was a right move making Sasuke the father.


I actually think it's really suitable.
Naruto has the perfect family and his cushy dream job.
Sasuke is a homeless, dead-beat dad with more complexes than a condo district.
Isn't that how karma works?
4913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
Indigo Prophecy was a weird game as it was, and then they did the random hook up of two characters. It was literally the worst offender of what the OP is talking about that I have seen.

My husband doesn't like this kind of thing either because he says it promotes bad values. It doesn't make sense for the hero to always "get the girl" just because he saved the world - it objectifies her as a prize or reward. It was weird for me to not realize this until my husband mentioned it.
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15

Kid2daKrazx wrote:

(I mean, didn't Sasuke mistreat Sakura a lot prior to?)


As far as I could tell, Sasuke didn't once mistreat anyone; he was preoccupied with his own thoughts, while Naruto and Sakura spent the majority of the show emotionally abusing him under some "good guys" pretense, until he decided that it was time to leave, to be by himself, to take control over his own life. Then they stalked him, demonized him, and wondered why he snapped at them.

Did the author of Naruto really pair Sakura up with Sasuke? If so, that's just disturbing. She should be single, like, forever. As should Sasuke, imo.
2496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Baton Rouge, Loui...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15

Hrafna wrote:


Kid2daKrazx wrote:

(I mean, didn't Sasuke mistreat Sakura a lot prior to?)


As far as I could tell, Sasuke didn't once mistreat anyone; he was preoccupied with his own thoughts, while Naruto and Sakura spent the majority of the show emotionally abusing him under some "good guys" pretense, until he decided that it was time to leave, to be by himself, to take control over his own life. Then they stalked him, demonized him, and wondered why he snapped at them.

Did the author of Naruto really pair Sakura up with Sasuke? If so, that's just disturbing. She should be single, like, forever. As should Sasuke, imo.


yup, got a kid together and everything and I remember him almost stabbing Sakura once and the whole "take control of his own life" thing is kind of a stretch because he was pretty much Orochimaru's lapdog for a short while.

I dunno, all I saw was a privileged kid go through angst for the first time in his life and didn't know how to handle it so he chose to be a little jerk about it and still get the girl in the end while also showing that he's strong (if not possibly stronger) than the guy that runs everything...but then again, I don't like Sasuke so I just choose to see him that way.
19300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

macht_gut wrote:

Its a marketing strategy they use to ensure the show is popular among the female viewers. Same reason why in a middle of a action movie, there's a unnecessary sex scene. Nothing to do with the story.

I agree with you it is pointless.


Fanservice added for female audience?

lolwut?
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

LITVoid wrote:


macht_gut wrote:

Its a marketing strategy they use to ensure the show is popular among the female viewers. Same reason why in a middle of a action movie, there's a unnecessary sex scene. Nothing to do with the story.

I agree with you it is pointless.


Fanservice added for female audience?

lolwut?


I know: I enjoy a good bit of romance as much as anyone else. All I ask is, make it well written and consistent with the story.

19300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15

Dariamus wrote:


LITVoid wrote:


macht_gut wrote:

Its a marketing strategy they use to ensure the show is popular among the female viewers. Same reason why in a middle of a action movie, there's a unnecessary sex scene. Nothing to do with the story.

I agree with you it is pointless.


Fanservice added for female audience?

lolwut?


I know: I enjoy a good bit of romance as much as anyone else. All I ask is, make it well written and consistent with the story.



I don't enjoy about 90% of anime romance and 100% of fanservice in general but I can guarentee that when a show is being designed with that in mind, it's not for the female viewers. There are some that can and probably do enjoy the aspects, but that's just a nice side effect for some.

Edit: wait I lie because Punchline did fanservice amazingly as a red herring to the plot's content and as such I suppose that I can enjoy that 1% of fanservice
Posted 10/9/15

Kid2daKrazx wrote:

yup, got a kid together and everything and I remember him almost stabbing Sakura once and the whole "take control of his own life" thing is kind of a stretch because he was pretty much Orochimaru's lapdog for a short while.

I dunno, all I saw was a privileged kid go through angst for the first time in his life and didn't know how to handle it so he chose to be a little jerk about it and still get the girl in the end while also showing that he's strong (if not possibly stronger) than the guy that runs everything...but then again, I don't like Sasuke so I just choose to see him that way.


Sasuke be like; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOYPUjOQVeQ
2496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Baton Rouge, Loui...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15

severticas wrote:


Kid2daKrazx wrote:

yup, got a kid together and everything and I remember him almost stabbing Sakura once and the whole "take control of his own life" thing is kind of a stretch because he was pretty much Orochimaru's lapdog for a short while.

I dunno, all I saw was a privileged kid go through angst for the first time in his life and didn't know how to handle it so he chose to be a little jerk about it and still get the girl in the end while also showing that he's strong (if not possibly stronger) than the guy that runs everything...but then again, I don't like Sasuke so I just choose to see him that way.


Sasuke be like; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOYPUjOQVeQ


Didn't mean to offend, I forget that there are some people here that actually like Sasuke but once again, it's my opinion and opinions are never true

but on the real, that's the most defined episode of Naruto I ever seen, bruh. I didn't know that Kishimoto had it in him lol
1344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

Kid2daKrazx wrote:

or like when Oda tries to tease a romantic interest with Boa Hancock and Luffy.


I just want to point out that Oda is one of those authors who is actually averse to putting romance in his work. He intentionally made Luffy totally uninterested in romance, so most of the scenes you're seeing as teasing are basically Boa being delusional. It's supposed to be funny.
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15

Kid2daKrazx wrote:



Didn't mean to offend, I forget that there are some people here that actually like Sasuke but once again, it's my opinion and opinions are never true


no, you didn't offend anyone lmao. I've only watched a few eps of naruto anyway. you have to admit though, [if you re-read that other post] it feels like you're whining. you can't expect it to be fair or how you ideally imagine things should be
2496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Baton Rouge, Loui...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

severticas wrote:


Kid2daKrazx wrote:


severticas wrote:


Kid2daKrazx wrote:

yup, got a kid together and everything and I remember him almost stabbing Sakura once and the whole "take control of his own life" thing is kind of a stretch because he was pretty much Orochimaru's lapdog for a short while.

I dunno, all I saw was a privileged kid go through angst for the first time in his life and didn't know how to handle it so he chose to be a little jerk about it and still get the girl in the end while also showing that he's strong (if not possibly stronger) than the guy that runs everything...but then again, I don't like Sasuke so I just choose to see him that way.


Sasuke be like; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOYPUjOQVeQ


Didn't mean to offend, I forget that there are some people here that actually like Sasuke but once again, it's my opinion and opinions are never true


no, you didn't offend anyone lmao. I've only watched a few eps of naruto anyway. you have to admit though, it feels like you're whining. Anime is not meant to be fair, let alone life lol


lol that's all you had to say at the start, man, your opinion, you're entitled to it
2496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Baton Rouge, Loui...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

BlazingRagnarok wrote:


Kid2daKrazx wrote:

or like when Oda tries to tease a romantic interest with Boa Hancock and Luffy.


I just want to point out that Oda is one of those authors who is actually averse to putting romance in his work. He intentionally made Luffy totally uninterested in romance, so most of the scenes you're seeing as teasing are basically Boa being delusional. It's supposed to be funny.


yeah, I know, I forget that typing hides tone but that was meant to enunciate "teasing" since Oda loves his fanservice lol

Posted 10/9/15

Kid2daKrazx wrote:

lol that's all you had to say at the start, man, your opinion, you're entitled to it


sorry mate! i don't really care if you hate him so no judgement lol
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15

FlyinDumpling wrote:

Yikes... This thread

It's kind of what they did with darker than black, but I love that stuff. Yup


DUDE WHAT

wasn't random at all.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.