First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Great, another romance...
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

Kitahoshi_Hazel wrote:

Indigo Prophecy was a weird game as it was, and then they did the random hook up of two characters. It was literally the worst offender of what the OP is talking about that I have seen.

My husband doesn't like this kind of thing either because he says it promotes bad values. It doesn't make sense for the hero to always "get the girl" just because he saved the world - it objectifies her as a prize or reward. It was weird for me to not realize this until my husband mentioned it.


I disagree and actually kinda want to say that your husband's statement is sexist. The hero isn't always male :D. And not only that, it kidna reflects irl? People who do great things generally become uber attractive to everyone. Just makes sense that the hero would get the girl/guy... but w/e. I mean anime objectifies women enough. Video games kinda does too.
1154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / States.
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
Sometimes. If it doesn't become a main point in the anime, then I don't mind it.

If I wanted to watch smut and romance, I'd look for it~ (●♡∀♡)
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/10/15
I just get pissed off at any romance fictional or not.
Not even a bit bitter
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15

Ridiculum wrote:
If I wanted to watch smut and romance, I'd look for it~ (●♡∀♡)

There is quite a bit of difference between the two.

Not enough quality supernatural rom/coms. I keep looking.

1154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / States.
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
Oopsies. (・◇・)
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

Dariamus wrote: Not enough quality supernatural rom/coms. I keep looking.
Onegai Teacher, I guess but naaw not really supernatural..
Well if the Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne in the first "contract" dude had more story and such I guess it could be really good.. too sad ;(
Time to search up some serie that has some good romance and supernatural.
12089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / CT
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
I like it.. actually its one of the things that I look forward too in an anime.
MrOnan 
4261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/15 , edited 10/9/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


Dariamus wrote: Not enough quality supernatural rom/coms. I keep looking.
Onegai Teacher, I guess but naaw not really supernatural..
Well if the Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne in the first "contract" dude had more story and such I guess it could be really good.. too sad ;(
Time to search up some serie that has some good romance and supernatural.


Garden of Sinners is pretty good if you haven't seen it, the main protagonist is a girl called Shiki, who obtains the ability to the comprehend the death of everything, i don't want to go too much into it because spoilers, but there is an epilogue episode and an after movie that shows what happens once the main arc is over, watch that instead of the epilogue episode. or watch both.
616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Don't Flirt With Me
Offline
Posted 10/9/15

NekobasuRider wrote:


_Bender_ wrote:

I'm not okay with it either. I understand that it can help thicken some plot but a good story honestly shouldn't need it. Not to mention that its incredibly unrealistic that you can just pair everyone up in the end. Because that's not how that works, relationships are messy and sometimes people are left all alone.
And as for Sakura's and Sasuke's relationship, I would have honest prefered that it didn't happen. I really really wanted Sasuke to die at the last battle because that's the only way that I could really forgive him as a character for what he had done.
I really liked how they made Sakura kind of like a single mom though. I think that was a really good move, I just don't think it was a right move making Sasuke the father.


I actually think it's really suitable.
Naruto has the perfect family and his cushy dream job.
Sasuke is a homeless, dead-beat dad with more complexes than a condo district.
Isn't that how karma works?


*breaths loudly* I wanted him to die. As soon as he said he wanted to Hokage I was just done. LIke I'm just not okay with him fictionally living. It makes me mad. I hate him.
67347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
If it's a shipping where they hardly show both sides having feelings for each other/building it up (specifically SasuSaku and NaruHina), I truly detest that. If it's the opposite (specifically, NaruSaku), I truly enjoy it.
Sogno- 
45762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
nah i like my romance son



1717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
Hmm, I get your point. I get annoyed sometimes when it's a pairing I didn't want more than an unexpected pairing, though.
Posted 10/9/15
Needs more NTR
7404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK, Liverpool
Online
Posted 10/9/15
I understand why they don't pair off most heroes, but I wish most writers would be brave enough to go in the direction they want for the love side of things. I love a good romance plot in a story, and the open ended plot annoys the hell out of me
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
I don't really care about romance being added in
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.