First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Verizon customers, heads up!
Posted 10/12/15
You are taking it to another level. damn
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/12/15 , edited 10/12/15

onibrotonel wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


onibrotonel wrote:

Your phone is not a gameboy.

They wanna make your phone just a phone again.


Says you. I have a gameboy, gameboy advance, and DS emulator on my phone.

I'll be more impressed if you have PS1 emulator. Much more impressed if you have SNES emulator and playing DBZ Super Butuoden 2.


I try to stay away from emulators that require controllers with many buttons as it becomes a clusterfuck to play on the phone. I do have an snes & PSP emulator.
3710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/11/16

VZ68 wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/08/technology/verizon-unlimited-plan-increase/


If you're still clinging to your Verizon unlimited cell phone plan, your monthly bill is about to jump by $20.
Verizon (VZ, Tech30) is planning to raise the price of unlimited data plans from $29.99 to $49.99 per month. The company confirmed the move to CNNMoney on Thursday morning.
It's yet another sign the company's trying to force people to let go of their highly prized plans that remain only because they were grandfathered in.
The unlimited data is only part of a cell phone bill. Talking and texting are extra. Right now if you're on Verizon's 450 plan, that costs $59.99 per month. Add the new higher rate for unlimited data, the total monthly cost will look more like $109.99, plus fees.


Fuckers are trying to charge more and more and more even after taking away a lot of stuff that we used to get or be able to do. So I am thinking about dropping my phone service down more minutes, since all us old timers are locked into minute plans, and seeing if I can do some fuckery on data.

Verizon, you keep this up and I'll use my phone to download the internet. ALL OF IT.



I work for Verizon.

Unlimited data was the worst decision that any cellphone provider has made. AT&T's CEO even announced that unlimited data was the worst business decision they made. They brought it back -- with clear proof this time stating that they will throttle your 4G unlimited data after you've used 5GB for your bill cycle. T-Mobile's system recently crashed in the east coast due to congestion with their unlimited data plans--there isn't enough bandwidth to collectively host all of the smartphone cellphone users in this country without your cellphone providers going broke or bankrupt.

It's a little harsh to say that Verizon is doing this without notifying you. Verizon has sent out oodles and oodles of letters in the mail to their customers about the price increase (when looking at your account pages we can see the physical paper letters we send out in terms of the title of the paper. Example: "Unlimited Data Price Change Notif"). Verizon sent out notification in September and October and included information on how to lock in your cheaper price.

I have seen 1-2 TB of data used on an unlimited data account. Your fuckery will go, for the most part, unnoticed. If you're aren't using more than 2-4GB a month, though, you're wasting your money on an unlimited plan and paying extra for the plan name, or for the freedom not to crunch numbers. Even I don't have an unlimited data plan...

Verizon doesn't want to force people out of their plan. That's why they're allowing people with Unlimited Data plans the ability to upgrade without losing their plan when activating a phone. No more worry about work-arounds. When Verizon took away the ability to upgrade when having unlimited data THAT was them trying to get people to get out of those plans. The system just cannot handle that much use... We also don't throttle that data, which legally Verizon could do. Read your T&C -- Verizon has the right to change the price of the plan as well as some of those conditions. But Verizon hasn't done that either, and won't.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/12/15
37315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/11/16
T-Mobile no contract, buy minutes when I want them - for the win!
37315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/11/16

Kerensa wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/08/technology/verizon-unlimited-plan-increase/


If you're still clinging to your Verizon unlimited cell phone plan, your monthly bill is about to jump by $20.
Verizon (VZ, Tech30) is planning to raise the price of unlimited data plans from $29.99 to $49.99 per month. The company confirmed the move to CNNMoney on Thursday morning.
It's yet another sign the company's trying to force people to let go of their highly prized plans that remain only because they were grandfathered in.
The unlimited data is only part of a cell phone bill. Talking and texting are extra. Right now if you're on Verizon's 450 plan, that costs $59.99 per month. Add the new higher rate for unlimited data, the total monthly cost will look more like $109.99, plus fees.


Fuckers are trying to charge more and more and more even after taking away a lot of stuff that we used to get or be able to do. So I am thinking about dropping my phone service down more minutes, since all us old timers are locked into minute plans, and seeing if I can do some fuckery on data.

Verizon, you keep this up and I'll use my phone to download the internet. ALL OF IT.



I work for Verizon.

Unlimited data was the worst decision that any cellphone provider has made. AT&T's CEO even announced that unlimited data was the worst business decision they made. They brought it back -- with clear proof this time stating that they will throttle your 4G unlimited data after you've used 5GB for your bill cycle. T-Mobile's system recently crashed in the east coast due to congestion with their unlimited data plans--there isn't enough bandwidth to collectively host all of the smartphone cellphone users in this country without your cellphone providers going broke or bankrupt.

It's a little harsh to say that Verizon is doing this without notifying you. Verizon has sent out oodles and oodles of letters in the mail to their customers about the price increase (when looking at your account pages we can see the physical paper letters we send out in terms of the title of the paper. Example: "Unlimited Data Price Change Notif"). Verizon sent out notification in September and October and included information on how to lock in your cheaper price.

I have seen 1-2 TB of data used on an unlimited data account. Your fuckery will go, for the most part, unnoticed. If you're aren't using more than 2-4GB a month, though, you're wasting your money on an unlimited plan and paying extra for the plan name, or for the freedom not to crunch numbers. Even I don't have an unlimited data plan...

Verizon doesn't want to force people out of their plan. That's why they're allowing people with Unlimited Data plans the ability to upgrade without losing their plan when activating a phone. No more worry about work-arounds. When Verizon took away the ability to upgrade when having unlimited data THAT was them trying to get people to get out of those plans. The system just cannot handle that much use... We also don't throttle that data, which legally Verizon could do. Read your T&C -- Verizon has the right to change the price of the plan as well as some of those conditions. But Verizon hasn't done that either, and won't.


You know..... They don't have this problem in Japan, because they keep all of their infrastructure up to date. AT&T and company are still relying on copper lines! For crying out loud! Even where they have fiber set up, it's still not of the same quality and capacity of what they use in Japan! That's why they can't keep up.

I used Japan as an example, but they aren't the only country who has better communications infrastructure than customers in the United States. We are shamefully behind the times here, because AT&T and company are too busy cutting costs and keeping costs down as much as possible, while raising rates as high as possible, to maximize profits as much as possible.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 3/11/16
Huh, my letter in the mail must have got lost. Like everybody else's.
Tarya 
52889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Virginia, US
Offline
Posted 3/11/16
It really sucks that data is so expensive - especially when you live in the boonies and there isn't a darn thing you can do but pay it and shut up, or not have any internet service.
We only had two options, satellite or phone internet...no broadband to be had out here.
We elected to up our data plan with Verizon Wireless and get a mobile hotspot. The speed is fantastic and we don't lose signal like we would with a satellite. However, the downside is that we only have 20 GB to last a month (when we used to have Comcast, we were using over 100 GB a month). To increase to 30 GB would cost about $100 more a month, which is ridiculous for that small amount of extra data. If you go over your data, you get charged $15 a gig, which is also outrageous.

Basically, I can't stream movies or shows often and I don't game at all anymore.
I can only hope that maybe one day we will get Comcast out here, but the population is so low in this county, I doubt it will happen.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/11/16 , edited 3/11/16

VZ68 wrote:

Huh, my letter in the mail must have got lost. Like everybody else's.


^ Basically this. No letter. No email. No message on "My Verizon" when I'm logged in.

I still have my old grandfathered plan (the unlimited shit) and I use around 30 gigs a month (thank you CR...thank you, you're worth every byte to me). Only time this stuff has really bothered me was when they told me (and this wasn't until I wanted to buy a new phone) I'd have to pay full retail going forward. It's not that bad though. My employer gets a 28% discount on our bills so I pay around 80$ for unlimited lol.

Internet/cable/phone companies are the worst in this country though. Our speeds are pretty slow in comparison to some other notable countries and we pay out the ass. Everything is overpriced or a "package deal" now. If you want a service by itself you pay out the ass for it.
3710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/11/16

DeadlyOats wrote:


Kerensa wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/08/technology/verizon-unlimited-plan-increase/


If you're still clinging to your Verizon unlimited cell phone plan, your monthly bill is about to jump by $20.
Verizon (VZ, Tech30) is planning to raise the price of unlimited data plans from $29.99 to $49.99 per month. The company confirmed the move to CNNMoney on Thursday morning.
It's yet another sign the company's trying to force people to let go of their highly prized plans that remain only because they were grandfathered in.
The unlimited data is only part of a cell phone bill. Talking and texting are extra. Right now if you're on Verizon's 450 plan, that costs $59.99 per month. Add the new higher rate for unlimited data, the total monthly cost will look more like $109.99, plus fees.


Fuckers are trying to charge more and more and more even after taking away a lot of stuff that we used to get or be able to do. So I am thinking about dropping my phone service down more minutes, since all us old timers are locked into minute plans, and seeing if I can do some fuckery on data.

Verizon, you keep this up and I'll use my phone to download the internet. ALL OF IT.



I work for Verizon.

Unlimited data was the worst decision that any cellphone provider has made. AT&T's CEO even announced that unlimited data was the worst business decision they made. They brought it back -- with clear proof this time stating that they will throttle your 4G unlimited data after you've used 5GB for your bill cycle. T-Mobile's system recently crashed in the east coast due to congestion with their unlimited data plans--there isn't enough bandwidth to collectively host all of the smartphone cellphone users in this country without your cellphone providers going broke or bankrupt.

It's a little harsh to say that Verizon is doing this without notifying you. Verizon has sent out oodles and oodles of letters in the mail to their customers about the price increase (when looking at your account pages we can see the physical paper letters we send out in terms of the title of the paper. Example: "Unlimited Data Price Change Notif"). Verizon sent out notification in September and October and included information on how to lock in your cheaper price.

I have seen 1-2 TB of data used on an unlimited data account. Your fuckery will go, for the most part, unnoticed. If you're aren't using more than 2-4GB a month, though, you're wasting your money on an unlimited plan and paying extra for the plan name, or for the freedom not to crunch numbers. Even I don't have an unlimited data plan...

Verizon doesn't want to force people out of their plan. That's why they're allowing people with Unlimited Data plans the ability to upgrade without losing their plan when activating a phone. No more worry about work-arounds. When Verizon took away the ability to upgrade when having unlimited data THAT was them trying to get people to get out of those plans. The system just cannot handle that much use... We also don't throttle that data, which legally Verizon could do. Read your T&C -- Verizon has the right to change the price of the plan as well as some of those conditions. But Verizon hasn't done that either, and won't.


You know..... They don't have this problem in Japan, because they keep all of their infrastructure up to date. AT&T and company are still relying on copper lines! For crying out loud! Even where they have fiber set up, it's still not of the same quality and capacity of what they use in Japan! That's why they can't keep up.

I used Japan as an example, but they aren't the only country who has better communications infrastructure than customers in the United States. We are shamefully behind the times here, because AT&T and company are too busy cutting costs and keeping costs down as much as possible, while raising rates as high as possible, to maximize profits as much as possible.


Are you sure about that? It sounds like you've never had Softbank before. So many dropped calls, slow internet connections. Unreliability. Docomo was a little better, but they throttle you too once you hit a specific amount of data. They also charge you more for the plans. I had to pay off my phone completely (because, well, foreigner) and my cellphone bill was a little over 100USD. Texting phone numbers cost me 3 yen per sent and received text and calling cellphones cost me money for minutes. If I used their "mail" service, it was free -- but not everyone had a cellphone email I could use, so... I was also spending more sending sms messages.

AT&T is laying fiber optic cable -- they lay the majority of it and the other cellphone providers actually make use of it (Verizon is a big user of it). Even with fiber optics, though, it does increase the bandwidth for people to access the data network but during congestion you will still see a decrease in performance, slower speeds, and potential fluctuating signal issues. This would happen in Japan, too, during the peak hours.

And Verizon looks to be first for rolling out 5G later this year with Samsung (which makes sense because Korea's data network structure is phenomenal, and tops the speeds we have here in America. It tops the speeds accessible in Japan too for cellphone providers).
3710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/11/16

DeadlyOats wrote:

T-Mobile no contract, buy minutes when I want them - for the win!


Prepaid services are offered by all cellphone companies. And with 4G devices not being locked by cellphone provider there wouldn't be any reason why you would need a contract regardless of who you go with.
3710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/11/16

VZ68 wrote:

Huh, my letter in the mail must have got lost. Like everybody else's.


1.) Make sure your billing address on your account is correct.
2.) Make sure that your email address on your account is correct. I cannot count how many times someone on the phone read off their email to me and I send out some message, only for me to get a notification failed delivery. I had them spell it!

Legally Verizon had to send out those notifications. If they had not, that's ground for a class action suit. But hey, if you're 100% sure that Verizon never sent them out, you should get a petition and gather the lawyers. I honestly feel that if it was never sent out then you shouldn't be forced to pay the hike in price.
Posted 3/11/16
49.99 For that? It better cook for me then.
3710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/11/16

Tarya wrote:

It really sucks that data is so expensive - especially when you live in the boonies and there isn't a darn thing you can do but pay it and shut up, or not have any internet service.
We only had two options, satellite or phone internet...no broadband to be had out here.
We elected to up our data plan with Verizon Wireless and get a mobile hotspot. The speed is fantastic and we don't lose signal like we would with a satellite. However, the downside is that we only have 20 GB to last a month (when we used to have Comcast, we were using over 100 GB a month). To increase to 30 GB would cost about $100 more a month, which is ridiculous for that small amount of extra data. If you go over your data, you get charged $15 a gig, which is also outrageous.

Basically, I can't stream movies or shows often and I don't game at all anymore.
I can only hope that maybe one day we will get Comcast out here, but the population is so low in this county, I doubt it will happen.


That sucks. I always feel for the people who call in with Verizon Cantennas (Home Fusion LTE). We get some people who really benefit from it, but then there are people who really need to have access to an ISP that has no limit on how much they use their internet.

To be honest, I feel that Verizon is probably already hurting financially. Bandwidth for data over the frequencies that Verizon has isn't cheap either (what Verizon has to pay). Each company has to purchase the spectrum at which they will broadcast their data network. The FCC can come in at any time and say, "You've had this for too long. You need to sell it and buy a new frequency." Some of the frequencies can be shared, whereas others cannot be. But it gets expensive. You can look at the last auction they had for the spectrum and what companies have which, and how much they spent on it.

But out in the country is hard to get a steady connection to. It's expensive to lay cable for internet out there. DSL isn't an option because the farther away from the ISP you are, the slower and less reliable your connection will be.
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 3/11/16 , edited 3/11/16

kinga750 wrote:


Sogno- wrote:
yup down ere in the woods u either have verizon or no service at all


Not sure if you are being sarcastic. I use Verizon prepaid when I'm traveling out west because I lose service with other carriers. When I'm home I use boost because I get twice the data for half the price. I've heard ATT has good coverage too but I've never tried them.


yeah, in show low az all we got is verizon, for an hour in ever direction.

edit, tho really running straightalk off of verizon tower is a better idea, unless you care about ping. i get 50ms ping tethering my verizon phone, and i get 233ms pin using a straighttalk smarphone.
ST 5gb for 49.01 with unlimited 2g after. no roll over.
verizon mifi, 90 for 10gb, no roll over.
21171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 3/11/16
My verizon plan is already outrages.. it don't need to be higher'
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.