First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Tsunderes
41864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 10/28/15 , edited 10/29/15
I think that a big part of the problem is that the tsundere's characteristics are so often exaggerated beyond reason. To see a tsundere character portrayed in such a way that her mannerisms seem natural, believable, and quietly apparent without overdoing things, watch Chiaki Kurihara in Bodacious Space Pirates. Growing up around her father's pirate crew, she most likely learned at an early age to keep her sensitive side hidden--so when she meets and develops a crush on Marika Kato, Chiaki really doesn't know how to react to her own feelings, let alone how to express them. Her struggle is internal; although we glimpse instances of her frustration, she certainly does not become an unstable emotional exhibitionist, as do so many tsundere characters. So there is hope for the archtype. . .

11415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 10/28/15 , edited 10/28/15
All this does is remind me of Mashiro-iro Symphony
19918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Summoners Rift
Offline
Posted 10/28/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I find it attractive due to the following reason. It's quite simply heartwarming yet fascinating how such a spiteful relationship can be forged into one of deep affection. It is also easy to show direct development by saying "hey look, they like each other now" which I think is pretty cheap. :/


I think we can both agree that tsundres are the best
29741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 10/29/15

periah250 wrote:

1. absolutely now one but a masochist would even tolerate them, so why are they so prevalent?

2. They are literally everywhere enough is enough.

3.tsunderes are incorrigible idiots, what train of thought made them think "hey if I'm an absolute prick to the one I love then they'll love me."? obviously you'll be avoided if not assaulted.



1. I would say that would describe yanderes far more, and I'd say they're far more popular for fuck knows why...

2. Yes... Well, that's kind of true.

3. That's a little unfair on them. I don't think they intentionally behave like dicks to the people they like. They just don't know how to express their feelings of warmth, love and compassion without being embarrassed about it. It's not easy for them. Show a little heart for their struggle to capture the hearts of their true love.
29741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 10/29/15

moonhawk81 wrote:

I think that a big part of the problem is that the tsundere's characteristics are so often exaggerated beyond reason. To see a tsundere character portrayed in such a way that her mannerisms seem natural, believable, and quietly apparent without overdoing things, watch Chiaki Kurihara in Bodacious Space Pirates. Growing up around her father's pirate crew, she most likely learned at an early age to keep her sensitive side hidden--so when she meets and develops a crush on Marika Kato, Chiaki really doesn't know how to react to her own feelings, let alone how to express them. Her struggle is internal; although we glimpse instances of her frustration, she certainly does not become an unstable emotional exhibitionist, as do so many tsundere characters. So there is hope for the archtype. . .



I don't hate tsunderes as they are, but I'd be on board with Chiaki captaining the tsundere revamping movement.
Posted 10/29/15

Dodebebop wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I find it attractive due to the following reason. It's quite simply heartwarming yet fascinating how such a spiteful relationship can be forged into one of deep affection. It is also easy to show direct development by saying "hey look, they like each other now" which I think is pretty cheap. :/


I think we can both agree that tsundres are the best


My favorite might be Tsugumi Komachi from the Ever17 Visual novel.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/29/15
Currently Reading Yandere Kanojo



Most of the story is told from the girl's point of view.
Posted 10/29/15
"overstayed their welcome" hahaha. dismissed!
Don't make them sad T_T XD
431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/29/15
Lala thinks tsunderes are cute, but they need to get out of their shells.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 10/29/15
I feel like a lot of people are forgiving to obnoxious people if they are "tsundere". I had a friend like this, always dragging guys by their hoodies, tugging on their book bags, and yelling at them. I guess this is the same as how some boys throw spit balls on the girls they like? it doesn't make sense
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 10/29/15

FlyinDumpling wrote:

I feel like a lot of people are forgiving to obnoxious people if they are "tsundere". I had a friend like this, always dragging guys by their hoodies, tugging on their book bags, and yelling at them. I guess this is the same as how some boys throw spit balls on the girls they like? it doesn't make sense


I had a girl drag my by my bag at school before.... didn't really know her but it is a fond memory for some reason >.<

......Tsunderes remind me of myself in highschool i always annoyed this one girl all the time and one day the teacher was like
you must like her and i was like "O///O NO SHE IS AN IDIOT!"

Tsunderes remind me of the past and it just shows the person isn't good at conveying there feelings.
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 10/29/15

Frenzify wrote:


periah250 wrote:

1. absolutely now one but a masochist would even tolerate them, so why are they so prevalent?

2. They are literally everywhere enough is enough.

3.tsunderes are incorrigible idiots, what train of thought made them think "hey if I'm an absolute prick to the one I love then they'll love me."? obviously you'll be avoided if not assaulted.



1. I would say that would describe yanderes far more, and I'd say they're far more popular for fuck knows why...

2. Yes... Well, that's kind of true.

3. That's a little unfair on them. I don't think they intentionally behave like dicks to the people they like. They just don't know how to express their feelings of warmth, love and compassion without being embarrassed about it. It's not easy for them. Show a little heart for their struggle to capture the hearts of their true love.


1. Because they are A. Psychotic B. Possesive / obsessive C. Clingy. what's not to love there! (the psychotic part most could not handle.)

3. you hit it spot on there i mean i was a classic reprentensation of a tsundere as a teen in highschool and i was a dick to the girl i liked...not on purpose but it was in a weird way how i showed my feelings
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 10/29/15

Ryulightorb wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

I feel like a lot of people are forgiving to obnoxious people if they are "tsundere". I had a friend like this, always dragging guys by their hoodies, tugging on their book bags, and yelling at them. I guess this is the same as how some boys throw spit balls on the girls they like? it doesn't make sense


I had a girl drag my by my bag at school before.... didn't really know her but it is a fond memory for some reason >.<

......Tsunderes remind me of myself in highschool i always annoyed this one girl all the time and one day the teacher was like
you must like her and i was like "O///O NO SHE IS AN IDIOT!"

Tsunderes remind me of the past and it just shows the person isn't good at conveying there feelings.
I guess I don't convey good feelings to tsundere that aren't good at conveying feeling
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.