First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Public Breastfeeding
55117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/15

mrya21 wrote:


JanusCascade wrote:


mrya21 wrote:


JanusCascade wrote:

If the women is very attractive and have very nice big breast... I might join in with the baby, while he sucking his mother left Breast, I can help myself with the right Breast to balance it out! :D

Its very Healthy for you! :)


ew



What you mean ew son! Something wrong with you boy! >:/ Unless you're into men! XD


There are a lot of assumptions in this response!

(btw, it's not being attracted to breasts that I say "ew" to)


Normally its directed to "Breast Feeding" That what this topic is all about. Have you seen the movie call "Lair Lair" The one Jim Carrey play in? The part where he saw Mother breast feeding the baby and he went there to sucking on her other breast. That where I got the idea up above heh.

So ew on that I drool breast milk while continuing sucking her breast like the part Jim Carrey played in?

13251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Halifax, NS
Offline
Posted 10/13/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


dollymacabre wrote:

You can not compare peeing to feeding a baby.



Why not? One is ingesting and one is expelling. They are both functions of digestion. Both expose ADULT parts considered "private" by society.

Maybe it is just because you can't stand an argument that you cannot defend against?



No, it's because you're trying to defend a baseless argument with a false equivalency.
4418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Maine
Offline
Posted 10/13/15

JanusCascade wrote:


mrya21 wrote:


JanusCascade wrote:


mrya21 wrote:


JanusCascade wrote:

If the women is very attractive and have very nice big breast... I might join in with the baby, while he sucking his mother left Breast, I can help myself with the right Breast to balance it out! :D

Its very Healthy for you! :)


ew



What you mean ew son! Something wrong with you boy! >:/ Unless you're into men! XD


There are a lot of assumptions in this response!

(btw, it's not being attracted to breasts that I say "ew" to)


Normally its directed to "Breast Feeding" That what this topic is all about. Have you seen the movie call "Lair Lair" The one Jim Carrey play in? The part where he saw Mother breast feeding the baby and he went there to sucking on her other breast. That where I got the idea up above heh.

So ew on that I drool breast milk while continuing sucking her breast like the part Jim Carrey played in?



Yes. I find the concept of a grown man sucking on a strangers breast while she is trying to feed her baby off-putting. I do not think this is odd.
55117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/15
I found it :), I got the idea from movie Lair Lair the one Jim Carrey played in :). Watch this funny video, its only 19 second..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQmHXX6aVXI
10627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/15 , edited 10/16/15

dollymacabre wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


dollymacabre wrote:

You can not compare peeing to feeding a baby.



Why not? One is ingesting and one is expelling. They are both functions of digestion. Both expose ADULT parts considered "private" by society.

Maybe it is just because you can't stand an argument that you cannot defend against?



No, it's because you're trying to defend a baseless argument with a false equivalency.


But it isn't a false equivalency. Both are natural functions. Just because a baby and eating is involved in one, doesn't make it any less of an exposure.

Public breastfeeding IS optional, in most cases, and when it is not, covering IS an option. This is not something I am unfamiliar with. My wife managed to breastfeed my daughter just fine without ever exposing herself. Sure, when we were home, by ourselves, she let those puppies go.... but in public she either fed our daughter pumped milk or covered up. And our baby never went hungry, either.

Also, she's more irritated about women insisting on the right to whip their breasts out than I am. She's a good mother. She's a woman. So, what's the difference?


13251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Halifax, NS
Offline
Posted 10/13/15 , edited 10/13/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


dollymacabre wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


dollymacabre wrote:

You can not compare peeing to feeding a baby.



Why not? One is ingesting and one is expelling. They are both functions of digestion. Both expose ADULT parts considered "private" by society.

Maybe it is just because you can't stand an argument that you cannot defend against?



No, it's because you're trying to defend a baseless argument with a false equivalency.


But it isn't a false equivalency. Both are natural functions. Just because a baby and eating is involved in one, doesn't make it any less of an exposure.

Public breastfeeding IS optional, in most cases, and when it is not, covering IS an option. This is not something I am unfamiliar with. My wife managed to breastfeed my daughter just fine without ever exposing herself. Sure, when we were home, by ourselves, she let those puppies go.... but in public she either fed our daughter pumped milk or covered up. And our baby never went hungry, either.

Also, she's more irritated about women insisting on the right to whip their breasts out than I am. She's a good mother. She's a woman. So, what's the difference?




It is a false equivalency. A man deciding to whip his penis out in public and urinate is not the same as a woman feeding her child.

Your wife can choose to do and breastfeed as she likes, it is her choice and I respect that. However, that doesn't take precedent over other women's choices in how and when they choose to feed their children.
10627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/15 , edited 10/16/15

dollymacabre wrote:

It is a false equivalency. A man deciding to whip his penis out in public and urinate is not the same as a woman feeding her child.

Your wife can choose to do and breastfeed as she likes, it is her choice and I respect that. However, that doesn't take precedent over other women's choices in how and when they choose to feed their children.


Ah... and there it is.

Let me show you how equivalent they actually are, just by pointing out things you have written.


dollymacabre wrote:

It is a false equivalency. A man deciding to whip his penis out in public and urinate is not the same as a woman feeding her child.

Your wife can choose to do and breastfeed as she likes, it is her choice and I respect that. However, that doesn't take precedent over other women's choices in how and when they choose to feed their children.


You see, in the end it is a CHOICE. No one HAS to expose themselves, regardless of the reason.

If there was a NEED for exposing yourself to feed your children, then I would be accepting of it. However, as you just pointed out, it is a choice.

So, what you are REALLY saying is that our society should change our laws and how we view things to support a small group of people's CHOICE.

See, THAT, my dear, is entitlement.
13011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


dollymacabre wrote:

It is a false equivalency. A man deciding to whip his penis out in public and urinate is not the same as a woman feeding her child.

Your wife can choose to do and breastfeed as she likes, it is her choice and I respect that. However, that doesn't take precedent over other women's choices in how and when they choose to feed their children.


Ah... and there it is.

Let me show you how equivalent they actually are, just by pointing out things you have written.


dollymacabre wrote:

It is a false equivalency. A man deciding to whip his penis out in public and urinate is not the same as a woman feeding her child.

Your wife can choose to do and breastfeed as she likes, it is her choice and I respect that. However, that doesn't take precedent over other women's choices in how and when they choose to feed their children.


You see, in the end it is a CHOICE. No one HAS to expose themselves, regardless of the reason.

If there was a NEED for exposing yourself to feed your children, then I would be accepting of it. However, as you just pointed out, it is a choice.

So, what you are REALLY saying is that our society should change our laws and how we view things to support a small group of people's CHOICE.

See, THAT, my dear, is entitlement.


When in public, you have to take into account how others might respond. We live in a world of many different people. It's likely there's a person out there for every single possible response a scenario can give. Some people are lecherous, others are very conservative and would be shocked at your display.

There are always going to be things that make people uncomfortable. I'm sure there's still some who believe rock is devil music.

As a mother who wants to breastfeed in public, it is your responsibility to understand the stigmatization of breasts and how that will affect peoples responses. Some people will sexualize them, others will feel it's just an indecent showing of body. Some will feel uncomfortable for in-explicit reasons. In most western societies, boobs are somewhat taboo.

It's for this reason that a restaurant manager may have to take in his other patrons concerns and ask the breastfeeding mother to stop, as it's making his other patrons uncomfortable. Most figures of authority who would take action in these situations are likely just trying to keep the peace.

TL:DR; I think women should be allowed to breastfeed in public, but they have to understand how it affects others. Public places are shared places. Unwanted attention is likely unavoidable. (People who show a lot of chest or leg tend to get stares, let alone breastfeeding)

13251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Halifax, NS
Offline
Posted 10/13/15 , edited 10/13/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


dollymacabre wrote:

It is a false equivalency. A man deciding to whip his penis out in public and urinate is not the same as a woman feeding her child.

Your wife can choose to do and breastfeed as she likes, it is her choice and I respect that. However, that doesn't take precedent over other women's choices in how and when they choose to feed their children.


Ah... and there it is.

Let me show you how equivalent they actually are, just by pointing out things you have written.


dollymacabre wrote:

It is a false equivalency. A man deciding to whip his penis out in public and urinate is not the same as a woman feeding her child.

Your wife can choose to do and breastfeed as she likes, it is her choice and I respect that. However, that doesn't take precedent over other women's choices in how and when they choose to feed their children.


You see, in the end it is a CHOICE. No one HAS to expose themselves, regardless of the reason.

If there was a NEED for exposing yourself to feed your children, then I would be accepting of it. However, as you just pointed out, it is a choice.

So, what you are REALLY saying is that our society should change our laws and how we view things to support a small group of people's CHOICE.

See, THAT, my dear, is entitlement.


And just because two actions are a choice, does not make them equal or the same. It also does not make it entitlement. Women need to feed their children, it is their choice how they do it, but obviously they need to, don't be ridiculous. If you truly and honestly can not comprehend the difference, then really there isn't any further point to this. I honestly think however that you know you're wrong, but you think you're trolling or you get a kick out of arguing with women on the internet. Maybe you have some sort of inferiority complex and argue on the internet to feel smarter. Whatever floats your boat.

All I see here is you grasping at straws to defend an argument that honestly holds no other purpose than to prove that your personal discomfort at breasts should mediate how women feed their children. I dunno man, do you feel like women are getting too much say over their bodies? Does it scare you that men don't control what women do anymore? Are you just in general scared? Lol, because at the end of the day, it's legal for a woman to breastfeed her child in public, but it isn't legal for a man to expose his genitals and urinate. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

PS, if you want to be taken seriously, you shouldn't condescend by adding "my dear" to cap off your argument. If you actually had an argument that you were able to justify with anything other than your discomfort and I repeat, false equivalencies, you wouldn't have to do that. Have a good night dude.
10627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/15 , edited 10/16/15

dollymacabre wrote: Have a good night dude.


Think what you want. I've made my point, and you know it. I know you know it, and so does everyone else.


This last bit you posted was less (much less) on the discussion at hand, and more a personal attack on how I argued, and a personal attack on me. That speaks for itself.
15989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 10/13/15 , edited 10/13/15

JanusCascade wrote:We can't help it! >.< Its in our nature to get turn on. :p But I get what you mean by respecting them while feeding the baby.. Its not like its their intention to turn us on! :D
Our nature you say?
Don't count me in this.

Breast feeding in this cind of ways is entitlement.

Dislike when people use that, "because you knew what was going to happend!" derpy derpy doo..
"because of how I would react!" is what I think the most phycos think when they deal with women in general its pretty bad.

oh there it is!
lolz pretty common picture in these threads.
3513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 10/13/15
I think breastfeeding in public is fine. I don't think women need to hide in order to feed their children.
16996 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


tkayt wrote:Oh a shawl is discrete looking only it does hamper the babe's face whilst feeding. That's inhibiting. Doesn't a baby have the freedom to get nourishment?



It is not in any way inhibiting. You have no evidence to say that it is... you're just using that BS argument.


THANK YOU for saying what I couldn't summon the will to
23677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 10/13/15

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


fairy_tail175 wrote:

I've never understood the big deal with breastfeeding in public. I mean if people didn't make a big deal about it then it wouldn't be. Breasts are meant to feed babies anyway so I don't think it should be taboo to do it in public. And you normally don't really see anything anyway the woman usually uses something to cover up everything

Basically what I would have said.


I'm really happy to see someone feels the same way. I have just never understood why people think women shouldn't do it in public, its completely normal
10627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/15 , edited 10/16/15

TheDustyForest wrote:

THANK YOU for saying what I couldn't summon the will to


Yeah... I've actually got a kid, so I know. Like I said, my wife never exposed herself, yet my child never went hungry, either.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.