First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply A new rule for moderators.
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/15


I apologize if English isn't your first language, but bruh, I can't understand 50% of what you're typing there. I know you're pissed and all, but beyond that, you're not really making much sense.
Posted 10/15/15

sarteck wrote:



I apologize if English isn't your first language, but bruh, I can't understand 50% of what you're typing there. I know you're pissed and all, but beyond that, you're not really making much sense.


This isn't school. Dude. Let me edit.
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


sarteck wrote:



I apologize if English isn't your first language, but bruh, I can't understand 50% of what you're typing there. I know you're pissed and all, but beyond that, you're not really making much sense.


This isn't school. Dude. Let me edit.


It isn't school, but that doesn't stop you from actually writing things that make sense, yo.

Your thoughts are literally incoherently sprawled all over your post with no real cohesion to tie most of it together.

Personally, though, it seems like you're whining about the moderation without actually ever talking to the Mods or Staff. If that's the case, then do that first, kay? Afterwards, you can whine all you want.
Posted 10/15/15 , edited 10/15/15

sarteck wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


sarteck wrote:



I apologize if English isn't your first language, but bruh, I can't understand 50% of what you're typing there. I know you're pissed and all, but beyond that, you're not really making much sense.


This isn't school. Dude. Let me edit.


It isn't school, but that doesn't stop you from actually writing things that make sense, yo.

Your thoughts are literally incoherently sprawled all over your post with no real cohesion to tie most of it together.

Personally, though, it seems like you're whining about the moderation without actually ever talking to the Mods or Staff. If that's the case, then do that first, kay? Afterwards, you can whine all you want.


Yes it is not school and this is why I write how I please. That you lack reading skills is another thing. Please feel free to use a example of something I writing, that doesn't make sense to you ? How about you improve your brain capacity. incoherently ? Correction. You are unable to understand what I saying. Because I don't write in a cohesion manner. I write how I please. That you can't comprehend that is your fault.

You are blind or you choice to see what you want to see. I say previously. I had deal with mods previously. So I know what I talking about.

it seems like you're whining about the moderation without actually ever talking to the Mods or Staff. If that's the case, then do that first, kay? Afterwards, you can whine all you want.


And from my point of view. You are only making excuses.

Dutch Moderator
30801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 10/15/15 , edited 10/15/15
Both of you, that's enough. You're getting awfully close to personally attacking each other.
If you wish to continue this debate, please do so in private, or tone it down a bit.

As for the main topic at hand, we do try to give proper reasoning but this is equal to the seriousness of the topic at hand.
You asked me in private which rules your topic broke, to which I gave a reply giving the exact rules. You do not agree, but that is not a problem of mine.
You are free to take your plight to one of my fellow moderators if you wish.
Posted 10/15/15 , edited 10/15/15

George_z wrote:

Both of you, that's enough. You're getting awfully close to personally attacking each other.
If you wish to continue this debate, please do so in private.

As for the main topic at hand, we do try to give proper reasoning but this is equal to the seriousness of the topic at hand.
You asked me in private which rules your topic broke, to which I gave a reply giving the exact rules. You do not agree, but that is not a problem of mine.
You are free to take your plight to one of my fellow moderators if you wish.


Will all do respect I no talking about that. I do not get mad over pity shit like that. I told you, you are in the right but the site rules are stupid. I have better thing to do than get hung over something I can do nothing about. I also stated, I didn't know about about that rule in particular. I read the rules, but some times people forget or new rules get add. Hence why I was annoy.
Dutch Moderator
30801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 10/15/15 , edited 10/15/15
Easy there, I'm only asking you to tone down a bit on the debate you're having with Sarteck right now.
Because there is a little anger creeping in there, even though you say there is not.

The second paragraph is directed at the topicstarter, who seems to be taking the deletion of his thread very personal.

That said, as told by others, we moderators are also mere humans, we too make mistakes and are always open to debate and even revert decissions if someone comes with proper arguments.
At the same time, if you're going to be uncivil about it we do close that oportunity of course.
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/15
Let me explain why I'm a fan of the opposite option, Private Moderation.

I'm always an ass, hah. Doesn't matter if I like you or don't like you, matters if I like what you say or don't like what you say.

Sometimes, I go "too far" (depending on the community and moderation team), and Mods will take some kind of action; banning me, warning me, deleting my posts, editing my posts, or whatever. Of course, the majority of the time, I don't like it, and very often I don't even agree with the fact that action needs to be taken, but I wave that shit off. They're mods, they're there to make that judgement call, and if I wanted to go some place where I could just mouth off whenever I wanted and whatever I wanted, there's always 4chan (which, let's face it, has a far larger and more active anime community exponentially than CR or any other anime community).

When a Mod does have to take some action against me and/or my posts, I would far prefer them to communicate with me privately about the issue than publicly post, "HEY EVERYONE, SARTECK IS BEING A DOUCHEBAG/DUMBASS! EVERYONE POINT AT HIM AND LAUGH DERISIVELY!"

I may bitch, whine, moan, and complain about it, and I may be all, "oh, that damned Mod doesn't know what the hell they're talking about," and who knows? I might even be right. But when done privately, I won't have a bunch of sneering brats be all "Hah hah, Sarteck, you'd better be nice to me now, because you're on the Mod's shitlist!" I'll have the option to shrug it off and either change my attitude or approach, or I'll be able to decide "Geeze, do I even want to be a part of a community that's going to be this strict or has these dumb rules?" And I'll be able to do it without the entire community knowing that I had any issues, too.

(Spoiler: "Mods going 'too far'")


As for the argument posed that "other people can learn the rules if you practice Public Moderation rather than Private moderation," I have to disagree. If a member has read the rules, they'll know what they need to know. If the forum moderation team finds that a line is continually being crossed because of confusion with the rules, they can adjust those rules to add any clarity needed, and still keep some of them somewhat ambiguous so that leeway can be given in certain cases.

There was also mention, I believe, of "Well, the Mod punished me for this, but they didn't punish that other guy who was doing the exact same thing!" 100% of the time I've ever seen this argument, without any exceptions, the person complaining about someone else not getting punished hadn't bothered to use the handy-dandy often-underused "Report" feature that actually lets moderators know there is a problem. "Reporting" is also a feature of "Private Moderation," allowing you to privately inform the Mods about something you think they need to take care of, versus just going to some thread a Mod posts in and saying, "HEY MOD, NARUTOFAN123456 IS POSTING BUTTS AND SHOULD BE BANANA BANNED!" Similarly, Mods who ban someone for posting butts don't need to announce it to the forum, "This user was banned for posting butts."

I know this post is a little all over the place, and sorry if you guys read this far hoping that I'd wrap up everything with a summary closing statement, but all I can say is that Private Moderation beats out Public Moderation pretty much all the time.

Also, here's a butt:

(_(_)

Posted 10/15/15


I see what you are saying. I agree with some the things you say and other no some much. I no asking a mod to publicly let me know, when I fuck up. I am referring when you make a tread, a discussion. Because some time people are having fun and then get close. No explanation giving,other than rules were broken. Shes mod that sure help me no to fuck up again If stupid things like a butt or post edits. I rather be private. Again with the rules. This getting old fast. I try to remember the rules. I try to no fuck up. But guess what ? I am human. Some times I forget. I will be appreciated if mod give me the benefit of the dout. I no asking for the moon. I asking for consideration. if too much to ask for consideration ?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.