First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply A Man's Ego is Very Fragile.
6735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / CA
Online
Posted 10/15/15
Pretty sure this is one of the few area's where men are women are nearly completely equal.
9309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/15/15
Not all men. It depends if or not you are strong minded and confident in the ways of not careing what other people think or not getting embarrassed easily, not all men are sensitive.

But most "men" do try and be a bit macho or try to impress people, whether it be physical strength or not being afraid or not ever crying or not being gay or trying to boast and brag, etc.
I guess if a man backs down from a fight or dosnt stand up for himself or is rejected by a women then his ego can be damaged, no doubt.
Especially if any of those happen infront of people.
27502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 10/15/15
Everyone's ego is fragile. Not just men, not just women.
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/16/15
As far as I understand it, "ego" is your sense of self, your consciousness, your awareness that you are an individual and not just part of a collective.

For that to be broken, one would have to be insane.

Since "fragile" means "easy to break," does "fragile ego" not mean "easy to break one's sanity?"

I think the majority of people in this thread are mixing "ego" with "narcissism" or something similar.
9309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/16/15

sarteck wrote:

As far as I understand it, "ego" is your sense of self, your consciousness, your awareness that you are an individual and not just part of a collective.

For that to be broken, one would have to be insane.

Since "fragile" means "easy to break," does "fragile ego" not mean "easy to break one's sanity?"

I think the majority of people in this thread are mixing "ego" with "narcissism" or something similar.


I think that you're way over thinking and being way too technical.
Its common knowledge that the male ego is comprised of his ability to impress women and to score(the women or a goal in sport or etc) or to catch the biggest fish or to win an arm wrestle or just win at anything really.
To be tough or at least not afraid or scared, to be manly, to be the winner.
Even in video games guys try to out do each other and if a girl happens to be playing well, need i say more? lol
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 10/16/15
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/16/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:


sarteck wrote:

As far as I understand it, "ego" is your sense of self, your consciousness, your awareness that you are an individual and not just part of a collective.

For that to be broken, one would have to be insane.

Since "fragile" means "easy to break," does "fragile ego" not mean "easy to break one's sanity?"

I think the majority of people in this thread are mixing "ego" with "narcissism" or something similar.


I think that you're way over thinking and being way too technical.
Its common knowledge that the male ego is comprised of his ability to impress women and to score(the women or a goal in sport or etc) or to catch the biggest fish or to win an arm wrestle or just win at anything really.
To be tough or at least not afraid or scared, to be manly, to be the winner.
Even in video games guys try to out do each other and if a girl happens to be playing well, need i say more? lol


Maybe I am being technical, but it's difficult to accurately show what you think without using the correct terminology.

For example, let's assume the definition of "ego" is as you describe--a man's desire/ability to impress women.

How, then, do you break that desire?

See, "fragile ego" doesn't make a lot of sense in that case, either.

Therefore, I have to conclude that "being too technical" is far better than talking about 60 different thigns using the same term.
9309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/16/15 , edited 10/16/15
^ i personally just see the male ego as trying to be be tough or cool, having the ability to win at things, impress people, impress girls, show off, fix things, help out helpless females, be cool, not be a wimp or a looser, etc
I see your point. But if a mans ego is broken he may become less sure of himself. Less confident.
He may become less out spoken, have self doubt, indecision, maybe back down or not speak out infront of a crowd and maybe not go for the really hot girl".
Or say a guy acts all tough then gets his ass kicked infront of his mates or a girl he likes. His ego or maybe its his "manhood", will be damaged for sure.
Eh, that's how i see it.
EDIT:typo's
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/16/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:

^ i personally just see the male ego as trying to be be tough or cool, having the ability to win at things, impress people, impress girls, show off, fix things, help out helpless females, be cool, not be a wimp or a looser, etc
I see your point. But if a mans ego is broken he may become less sure of himself. Less confident.
He may become less out spoken, have self doubt, indecision, maybe back down or not speak out infront of a crowd and maybe not go for the really hot girl".
Or say a guy acts all tough then gets his ass kicked infront of his mates or a girl he likes. His ego or maybe its his "manhood", will be damaged for sure.
Eh, that's how i see it.
EDIT:typo's


Hmm, when you put it like that, I guess I can see "ego" as applying somewhat. Basically, that their sense of self-worth is damaged.

Honestly, though, I think I see the opposite most of the time. When a man's self-worth is so challenged, he (generally speaking) tries to redeem himself in the eyes of others by even being more "aggressive" or "manly."

If it's something he can't recover from (physical injury, for example impotence), then perhaps I can see him as being "broken," but I still wouldn't say that the ego was fragile if it took something like that to break him.
5028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/16/15 , edited 10/16/15
Interesting reading the responses here...
Here's a little bit of what I've gathered; having recently hit a terrible negative peak in my life and then swiftly grown up in the months following.

Men are variables, I can see in everyday life around me that men only differ in balance between ego and the heart.

Allow me to elaborate (if not, skip to TL;DR):
-I find, the emotionally undamaged (everyone is prone to emotional damage, be it by break ups or other such things) tend to rest a lot more on their ego, this usually comes out as some social extreme, be it bragging, high confidence, showing off and the like.

-The other end of the stick are the emotionally damaged people, these people rely a lot more on what their heart tells them; this leads them to being publicly rather quiet or reserved; but once they open up to someone their real self shows (often in the form of emotional flood).

-Finally; then there's the midpoint, someone like myself; having gone through emotional pain, heartbreaks and the like; the ego becomes of no importance and the heart dictates that a simple image of a "well-rounded" person has to be maintained; however if the heart desires something, the ego will not be a limiter over any actions, thus the person can behave very strangely indeed (obsessive over that which the heart desires, almost like an unstoppable force).

TL;DR:

Everyone feels things, everyone has emotions and memories and weaknesses. It is the bad happenings that shape people.

Something like that... I'm bad at TL;DR.
9309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/16/15
^2 well yeah thats true. Alot of the time if a man is being tested or ganged up on he will respond . And some for some people failure dose not break them, it makes them try harder.

^yeah well in my life time i have been extremely shy/low on confidence/self doubt/embarrassed easily/quiet/a follower/etc to then being extremely confident, no longer shy, strong minded, positive, etc
(i guess now in the middle somewhere, well i will never be weal like i was but iam not as strong as what i have been).

Anyways, i dont really recal anything happening to damage or destroy my ego but i can tell you right now that coming out of my shell and having self belife and confidence did boost my ego.
I think at one point, for a short while i went from being shy and weak to a tad cocky and over confident.
Having experiences such as kissing a girl(and other things), being around a crowd that i saw as "in", thinking i was good at graffetti and rapping and playing pool and winning a fight, shit probably even learning to drive and getting a job, being seemingly popular, all boosted my ego.
I cant say that i've really had an incident that damaged my ego, i just am not in as good a shape as i was, dont earn as much money, not as young, not as popular with girls, i dont have a girlfriend, i dont go fishing, i cant drive a manual, i cant shoot guns, i dont play sport, i dont go to the gym, have tattoo's , wear jewellry, have a beiber hair style, etc.
People that do and have these things seem to often have more ego. Like think they are good or have groupies and cheer leading followers lol.

One thing can can damage a mans ego is for a women to insult his penis size or sexual performance. lol not saying thats my personal experience...
37958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 10/16/15
Women have more fragile egos.

In fact, women are fragile in almost every aspect, esp compared to men.
Posted 10/16/15
Learn to have some self-irony.
Posted 10/16/15
Definitely agree.
18770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 10/16/15

onibrotonel wrote:


Sogno- wrote:


onibrotonel wrote:


Sogno- wrote:

i like eggs


Of course you do.

How many do you want?


i carry around 400,000 potential eggs all the time


Eeeew. What a heavy flow that is.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.