First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Issues with feminism.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 10/15/15 , edited 10/15/15

brigand554 wrote: The third way is so irresponsible and insane that it really made me fear for the future of civilization.
Most things can calm down and some of it has? But there is allways something new that will popup soon and I think Muslim would be not too far away with another breakout.
Posted 10/15/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


brigand554 wrote: The third way is so irresponsible and insane that it really made me fear for the future of civilization.
Most things can calm down and some of it has?


I'm grateful for the fact that they aren't assuming full control. I am fearful that they may mutate into an even more insane variant and cause further problems.
4913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/15/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:

I can't believe some women actually want to kill all men. I mean, how is killing off the opposite sex a good idea? I guess they're counting on the sperm banks to reproduce until they getting cloning down?


I can believe it. I mean, there are men going out and targeting women, so going on a gender based killing spree for either side is a scary possibility.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/07/world/montreal-gunman-kills-14-women-and-himself.html

As long as you don't start hating all women just because a small percentage is part of extreme feminism cults, you'll probably be fine.


10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/15


As a general rule, I don't hate all of anything. Especially people. I think when your hate becomes all-inclusive of a certain group, it's basically mental illness
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 10/15/15

HolyDrumstick wrote: As a general rule, I don't hate all of anything. Especially people. I think when your hate becomes all-inclusive of a certain group, it's basically mental illness
Will become like the girl in school days.

3059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/15
I did just post in the "U.S. meaning of equality" thread, so I am reaching my forum limit for today. And since this is the internet, I doubt I'm going to change any minds by this, but anyway.

Quick guide to if someone is a feminist or an asshole!

1.) Unnecessarily degrading men.

This person is not talking about feminisim/ is not a feminist. This person is an asshole.

2.) Belittling women who prefer traditional roles and appearance.

This person is not talking about feminisim/ is not a feminist. This person is an asshole.

3.) Blaming everything on men.

This one is a bit more complicated. So... This person may be a feminist, or may be an asshole. More depth is required in the conversation to make a call.

4.) Denying progress.

This person is not talking about feminisim/ is not a feminist. This person is an asshole.
Most real feminists talk about how much progress has been made, but how more still does need to be made.


These are the general guidelines for determining if someone is a feminist or if someone is an asshole. Please use this handy guide next time you see someone trying to be an asshole!
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/15 , edited 10/15/15

Crylliac wrote:

I did just post in the "U.S. meaning of equality" thread, so I am reaching my forum limit for today. And since this is the internet, I doubt I'm going to change any minds by this, but anyway.

Quick guide to if someone is a feminist or an asshole!

1.) Unnecessarily degrading men.

This person is not talking about feminisim/ is not a feminist. This person is an asshole.

2.) Belittling women who prefer traditional roles and appearance.

This person is not talking about feminisim/ is not a feminist. This person is an asshole.

3.) Blaming everything on men.

This one is a bit more complicated. So... This person may be a feminist, or may be an asshole. More depth is required in the conversation to make a call.

4.) Denying progress.

This person is not talking about feminisim/ is not a feminist. This person is an asshole.
Most real feminists talk about how much progress has been made, but how more still does need to be made.


These are the general guidelines for determining if someone is a feminist or if someone is an asshole. Please use this handy guide next time you see someone trying to be an asshole!


Your post would have held value.... except for the fact that I stated twice that I was not talking about feminism in general.... and that I asked that the title be changed to "Radical feminist Nuts" instead.


But, yeah, I mean thanks for trying to make me out to be an asshole. Appreciated.
3059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


Crylliac wrote:

I did just post in the "U.S. meaning of equality" thread, so I am reaching my forum limit for today. And since this is the internet, I doubt I'm going to change any minds by this, but anyway.

Quick guide to if someone is a feminist or an asshole!

1.) Unnecessarily degrading men.

This person is not talking about feminisim/ is not a feminist. This person is an asshole.

2.) Belittling women who prefer traditional roles and appearance.

This person is not talking about feminisim/ is not a feminist. This person is an asshole.

3.) Blaming everything on men.

This one is a bit more complicated. So... This person may be a feminist, or may be an asshole. More depth is required in the conversation to make a call.

4.) Denying progress.

This person is not talking about feminisim/ is not a feminist. This person is an asshole.
Most real feminists talk about how much progress has been made, but how more still does need to be made.


These are the general guidelines for determining if someone is a feminist or if someone is an asshole. Please use this handy guide next time you see someone trying to be an asshole!


Your post would have held value.... except for the fact that I stated twice that I was not talking about feminism in general.... and that I asked that the title be changed to "Radical feminist Nuts" instead.


But, yeah, I mean thanks for trying to make me out to be an asshole. Appreciated.



Quoting noob, so it all has to stay.

My apologies. It wasn't my intention to offend or to make out that you were an asshole. I tend to get a touch grumpy when people use the term "Radical feminist". It sort of implies that that person is associated with feminism, when they would be more closely related to trolls.


Having said that, I do understand that a lot of people still conflate the two together, femnisim and the radicals, so I do feel more people need to understand the difference.

And, once more, my apologies. I misunderstood the theme of your post. That one is on me.
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Online
Posted 10/15/15

Crylliac wrote:


Hehehehe.

Modern feminism is the equivalent.


29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/15/15
Yeah, I get you with that. We have WAAY more rights than we did a few hundred years ago and now what feminists are fighting for don't make sense.
5204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The Bay Area
Offline
Posted 10/15/15
Annoying videos such as "10 hours walking in NYC as a woman" and buzzfeed videos such as "what it's like to be a woman at the gym."
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Online
Posted 10/15/15

ayesharocks wrote:

Yeah, I get you with that. We have WAAY more rights than we did a few hundred years ago and now what feminists are fighting for don't make sense.


Men actually have the lesser amount of rights these days.

Feminists keep on bitchin' though.

10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/15 , edited 10/16/15

PrinceJudar wrote:
Men actually have the lesser amount of rights these days.

Feminists keep on bitchin' though.


Holy crap.


Thank you on behalf of all US men.
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Online
Posted 10/15/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:

Holy crap.


Thank you on behalf of all US men.


Hah, np mate. Inb4 a modern feminist comes in and points to a developing nation's issues or cyber violence.

7577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 10/15/15
Some of you are overestimating the influence of radicals. Severely.


PrinceJudar wrote:


ayesharocks wrote:

Yeah, I get you with that. We have WAAY more rights than we did a few hundred years ago and now what feminists are fighting for don't make sense.


Men actually have the lesser amount of rights these days.

Feminists keep on bitchin' though.



Is this verifiable?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.