First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Age of Consent Law is BROKEN
1213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/16/15
On another note, here's law logic:

its legal to have sex with adults once you turn 16 but its illegal to watch adults have sex until you're 18... Lol
Posted 10/16/15 , edited 10/16/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:



Not sure if you are trying to be funny or not, but...

While age of consent laws should be tinkered with, in many places... I would definitely hesitate to say they are even remotely comparable to these laws in uselessness. I personally do not want pedophilia to be legal.

I'm really hoping you were just trying to be funny.


Excuse but you do know that once somebody hit puberty, is no longer pedophilia. Pedophilia refer to sexual relations with a minor who is yet to hit puberty. After hitting puberty, your body is fully capable of sex. Meaning is more of a cultural thing or so call morality, if you disagree with the whole sex with minors thing. Also No, I was no joking. If I ever fuck somebody who ether 15 or 17 years old. I no fucking telling anybody. No I not going out my way to fuck minors. But if shit happens. It happens. An I don't know where are you from but most people I know who are marry. Have age gaps.
27242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/15 , edited 10/16/15
The laws suck but they are necessary since you have to draw a line SOMEWHERE, otherwise people will just keep telling you that some people are mature for their age and yada-yada.

Many states have "Romeo and Juliet" laws that help reduce or eliminate punishment for someone if they are of similar age. Kansas should probably get on that if they lack such laws as you say.

I find it also unfair that you can be charged even if someone consents and lies to you about their age and you end up having sex with a minor. They could give you a fake ID or some other forged "proof" and you're likely to be punished anyway. Even if you relied on the proof and exercised good judgment in asking for it and examining it, and the person looks and acts of the right age.

Even though people are assholes, the law is sometimes unfair. I worked with a guy who told me a story about his former workplace. Some girls who got back from a club or something were asking his coworker to give them some drinks left by other guests in the back fridge. This was at a hotel. It was one of the girls' birthdays so the coworker was like "Sure, why not, enjoy!" It was just a couple of cheap beers and overly-sweetened wine coolers. No harm, right? The next day, they told the manager that the person at the front desk gave alcohol to them and that they were minors. The person was fired and had to go to court.

Another story involved someone being charged with assault for helping up an old lady who had tripped over a parking divider and fallen. Something about how even though she was injured, she did not give consent for the touching, so it was unwanted.

And another lawsuit over, quite literally, a few dollars. Someone didn't get full credit on their refund and decided to sue the company.

And someone tried to sue my hotel even though he antagonized another guest and got into a fight with him due to his own actions. The sue-happy man got stabbed and, even though the police apprehended the angry guest, the stabbed guy decided we were responsible for keeping the property "safe" and that we failed to do so. He lost.


trueshinobi01 wrote:

On another note, here's law logic:

its legal to have sex with adults once you turn 16 but its illegal to watch adults have sex until you're 18... Lol

Yes, and you're free to join the army to shoot enemies when you're 18 but you can't have any alcohol until you're 21.
Posted 10/16/15

BambooSun wrote:

Move to Japan where the age of consent is 13.


That no really true. While legal is illegal a the same time by federal law. I think. Base in what I had read. It goes like this. If the parent allow it, there no problem. And if the parent decide to take the individual in question to court. Is no black and white ether process. If after the lawyer to prove that say individual was only after the minor for sex. But if the defense can prove he/she love the minor. Is allow. Meaning the relation has to be proven to be real and no just sexual in nature. This is base from what I had read from law relate stuff. I also ask about the law, from people who live in japan. And the answer is usually complicated to explain or follow by I no sure.
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/16/15 , edited 10/17/15
Don't have sex while so young, problem solved.
27242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/15 , edited 10/16/15

TrickedMJ wrote:

Don't have sex while so young, problem solved.


You'd be surprised how easy it is to get caught up in the heat of the moment. It's actually a pretty big issue in my eyes. And you don't even actually have to have regular sex with a person to be targeted by this sort of law.

Telling people to abstain is like saying the cure for the common cold is to not get sick in the first place.

I do think laws that punish by giving jail time and slapping on really bad labels like "sex offender" need to take the totality of circumstances into careful consideration. You don't even have to be convicted for the allegation to haunt you and ruin your chances of getting a nice career.
Posted 10/16/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Nowhere do I see Araragi's NAMBLA Card or any inference that he does have one. However, I do worry about the minor thing he said. Fucking someone younger than you is usually okay if you're both like 20, but the minor thing is pushing it.

PS I hope he doesn't mean me. I'm a minor :/


Yeah... that's why I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

And in the US, age of consent is usually 17-18ish.... but sometimes even lower. He's 21, so if he's messing with a 16 year old, which is what I generally consider below the age of consent (It is the law in my State)... that is not okay, in my opinion, and I support age of consent laws that prevent it.


I don't know what fantasy you live in but that law does't prevent anything. The whole purposed of the law is to deterred/punish people who want to have sex with a minor. If caught but that only happens if you go telling everybody or fuck up. But people who want to fuck are going to fuck regardless of what the law says.
I can a sure you if I was messing with a 16 year old. I will no even get near this topic. I will be protective of my relation.

so if he's messing with a 16 year old


I find this part really stupid. So is OK to arrest somebody for being with somebody who 16 but no 18 ? Regardless of the context ? You are no going to pretend there a world of difference between somebody who 18 and 16. I find it even more ludicrous that you think arresting somebody for a 2 year difference, is helping anybody.
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/16/15

Morbidhanson wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:

Don't have sex while so young, problem solved.


You'd be surprised how easy it is to get caught up in the heat of the moment. It's actually a pretty big issue in my eyes. And you don't even actually have to have regular sex with a person to be targeted by this sort of law.

Telling people to abstain is like saying the cure for the common cold is to not get sick in the first place.


I wouldn't be surprised, really lol. I know how easy it is but it's just as easy to not do it though. Also, I know all/most forms of sex are covered by the law. I don't find the issue too big of a problem, but that's just me, though of course I can say it's stupid at times.

Not getting sick is the cure btw, GOSH.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/16/15 , edited 10/17/15
I know two people who've had their lives destroyed by age of consent laws applied to people less than a year apart in ages.

In both cases the age of consent was 18 and they had been sleeping together since 17, legally. Only after the guy turned 18 did it become a felony.

With the one couple, she waited until he got out of prison and they married. Over 20 years later, he's still a registered sex offender and she still hasn't spoken to her parents. Even with a P.H.D., he still can't get a decent job.
27242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/15 , edited 10/16/15

TrickedMJ wrote:

Not getting sick is the cure btw, GOSH.


lol prevention is always better than a cure in the first place. But they aren't the same thing.


Dariamus wrote:

I know two people who've had their lives destroyed by age of consent laws applied to people less than a year apart in ages.

In both cases the age of consent was 18 and they had been sleeping together since 17, legally. Only after the guy turned 18 did it become a felony.

With the one couple, she waited until he got out of prison and they married. Over 20 years later, he's still a registered sex offender and she still hasn't spoken to her parents. Even with a P.H.D., he still can't get a decent job.


That's pretty brutal.
Posted 10/16/15

TrickedMJ wrote:

Don't have sex while so young, problem solved.


I was 13 year old and from what I remember is this. Teachers and parents talking about no having sex. Guess what ? People were having sex behind school. After school, in the bathrooms. Going out in dates and straight up lying to their parents, so they could have sex with other people.

Telling adolescent no to have sex is like telling a 5 year old no to eat candy. All you doing is reversed psychology. Telling them no to do something is the same as telling them to do it.

I think my mom resorted to show me pictures of sex diseases. God some of that shit is nasty looking.
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/16/15

Morbidhanson wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:

Not getting sick is the cure btw, GOSH.


lol prevention is always better than a cure in the first place. But they aren't the same thing.


Dariamus wrote:

I know two people who've had their lives destroyed by age of consent laws applied to people less than a year apart in ages.

In both cases the age of consent was 18 and they had been sleeping together since 17, legally. Only after the guy turned 18 did it become a felony.

With the one couple, she waited until he got out of prison and they married. Over 20 years later, he's still a registered sex offender and she still hasn't spoken to her parents. Even with a P.H.D., he still can't get a decent job.


That's pretty brutal.


Nah, they're definitely the same thing m7+1


I've had a friend tell me something similar about the second couple, and that's where I think the law is REALLY fucked up. I personally don't know many stories where the AoC law fucked up lives drastically but I've heard a couple.
27242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

I was 13 year old and from what I remember is this. Teachers and parents talking about no having sex. Guess what ? People were having sex behind school. After school, in the bathrooms. Going out in dates and straight up lying to their parents, so they could have sex with other people.

Telling adolescent no to have sex is like telling a 5 year old no to eat candy. All you doing is reversed psychology. Telling them no to do something is the same as telling them to do it.

I think my mom resorted to show me pictures of sex diseases. God some of that shit is nasty looking.


They need to start doing the same thing at the DMV or when you are getting a driver's license.

Show pictures of really gruesome traffic accidents so people will pay more attention and not drive like idiots.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/16/15

Morbidhanson wrote:
Yes, and you're free to join the army to shoot enemies when you're 18 but you can't have any alcohol until you're 21.


It,s not that simple. Military bases are not always subject to state law, where the drinking age is set. Until 1990, base commanders had discretion to set the drinking age. Stupid people kept getting drunk on base, then causing trouble in town. It resulted in a change in policy on stateside bases.

It was a sad day when they removed the beer machines from the barracks
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/16/15

Morbidhanson wrote:

They need to start doing the same thing at the DMV or when you are getting a driver's license.

Show pictures of really gruesome traffic accidents so people will pay more attention and not drive like idiots.


Thinking of my sister, I think that would actually cause more crashes than it would prevent. Last thing someone who's a worried driver needs is a flashback of pictures of gruesome car crashes. Unlike sex, driving is kind of a necessity too.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.