First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Gunslingers or Swordsmen
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/18/15 , edited 10/19/15

Fallout322 wrote:


I would put my money on the 100 well-trained men with melee weapons...

come on now you're making the US Marines sound like super soldiers, but I'm pretty sure the odds of the US Marines winning are low IF it was only 4 well-trained US Marines with
M-4s vs a team of 100 well-trained men with home field advantage. Now in my opinion guns > swords


Not at all. I'd make the same bet with Army guys that I know have trained in urban combat. Not because they are awesome, but because they are following certain training designed for urban combat, against melee weapons.

I only said Marines because I know how they train, so I can say it more confidently.

The issue is not that they are awesome... just that melee weapons do not have a chance. Again, the only real chance is to swarm.
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/18/15 , edited 10/19/15

KarenAraragi wrote:
Here again with the arrogance. They are made of flesh and bone. Doesn't take much to kill a person. One hit to important area and you are done.


It really isn't arrogance. I know how they operate, and I know that everything they do is drilled into them, so that they hit first.

I think you are overestimating how easy it would be to surprise someone and get a hit in with a melee weapon.
Posted 10/18/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:
I saying there a one percent chance of he succeeding on it.


Actually, you said they could make the gun users' lives hell... which is simply false. Is there a chance that a melee weapon user will get in a hit? Sure. A small chance... but that is only because there is always a chance that the person with the gun is going to make a mistake.

Imploding? Was not aware. Mad? Again, I wasn't aware. Perplexed at your opinion? Absolutely.


Same thing. Could means chance. Can is another beast completely.
So you just recognize that there a chance regardless ?

but that is only because there is always a chance that the person with the gun is going to make a mistake.


Try harder with the trolling.
Posted 10/18/15

uncletim wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


Because you are assuming they are going to stand there and let you know where they are. Really you think they are going to fight you in the open ? Your gun is only effective if you know who the enemy is. Also the situation you created is no a guerrilla type but a battle royale. Meaning the best equip will win. And in that situation a guerrilla fighter best choice is to run.


No... I'm not assuming that at all. Do you know anything about SOP? Pretty much everything they do as habit is to prevent crap like this.

You seem to think that being a ninja is easy, and that people with guns are standing around ignoring their surroundings.

You are simply wrong. I quit. You are unteachable and unrealistic.


Yes I know what it is. But just because you can prepared for every situation, doesn't mean you can prevent all situations. Otherwise we would't have casualties on war. Or nuclear meltdowns.

Nope and nether I am assuming what you are saying.

The irony in that comment. You are the one being unrealistic and I did not ask you to teach me anything. You are mad because I say there one percent chance of happening and you implode because of it. I no saying a guy with a sword will win always or most of the time. I saying there a one percent chance of he succeeding on it.

and the guy with the sword can choke on a ham sandwich the day before the battle. What is your point?



And the guy with the gun can shoot himself before the fight. So what your point or mine ? Chance.
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/18/15 , edited 10/19/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:
I saying there a one percent chance of he succeeding on it.


Actually, you said they could make the gun users' lives hell... which is simply false. Is there a chance that a melee weapon user will get in a hit? Sure. A small chance... but that is only because there is always a chance that the person with the gun is going to make a mistake.

Imploding? Was not aware. Mad? Again, I wasn't aware. Perplexed at your opinion? Absolutely.


Same thing. Could means chance. Can is another beast completely.
So you just recognize that there a chance regardless ?

but that is only because there is always a chance that the person with the gun is going to make a mistake.


Try harder with the trolling.


When all else fails, accuse someone of trolling. HAHA

No, I stand by the fact that you cannot make gun users' lives hell with melee weapons, in almost any scenario you can think of. That is what you said that I took issue with.

Is there a slim chance that a melee user will do damage? Sure.

Does that damage mean "making their lives hell?" Not at all.



Posted 10/18/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:
Here again with the arrogance. They are made of flesh and bone. Doesn't take much to kill a person. One hit to important area and you are done.


It really isn't arrogance. I know how they operate, and I know that everything they do is drilled into them, so that they hit first.

I think you are overestimating how easy it would be to surprise someone and get a hit in with a melee weapon.


I not. I know how deadly they are. But just because is hard, doesn't mean it cannot be done.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 10/18/15 , edited 10/18/15
But it really depends... sometimes a knif can be more usefull then anything else or hands/other stuff.
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/18/15 , edited 10/19/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:
Here again with the arrogance. They are made of flesh and bone. Doesn't take much to kill a person. One hit to important area and you are done.


It really isn't arrogance. I know how they operate, and I know that everything they do is drilled into them, so that they hit first.

I think you are overestimating how easy it would be to surprise someone and get a hit in with a melee weapon.


I not. I know how deadly they are. But just because is hard, doesn't mean it cannot be done.


OKAY OKAY.... maybe it can be done.

If the melee users are all ninjas and the gun users are not trained. So, basically never.



It's like a dan in karate. It is said that a barehanded user would have to match 3 dans to an opponent's 1 if their opponent is using a weapon.

Same thing with guns and melee weapons, kind of.
Posted 10/18/15




Are you done JOKER ?
You say.

cannot make gun users' lives hell with melee weapons, in almost any scenario

Then say.

Does that damage mean "making their lives hell?" Not at all.


You don't see the contradiction in what you just say do you ?
42329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/18/15
Why not both? I don't mind a gun sword.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 10/18/15 , edited 10/18/15
A sharp knife is not that bad... going on torture thats the last you want to have something thats clean and nice..
ugh... damn dark thoughts stay away! ;/

qualeshia3 wrote: Why not both? I don't mind a gun sword.

So? you are going to use both? no more dark.. it just got lewd XP
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/18/15 , edited 10/18/15

KarenAraragi wrote:





Are you done JOKER ?
You say.

cannot make gun users' lives hell with melee weapons, in almost any scenario

Then say.

Does that damage mean "making their lives hell?" Not at all.


You don't see the contradiction in what you just say do you ?


There is no contradiction in that. I'm thinking you struggle with English because it is not your first language.
10771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / MO, USA
Offline
Posted 10/18/15
By anime/fantasy logic swords win.

In real life, it's conditional but statistic advantage goes to gun by default.

I prefer Axes and heavy weapons.
Posted 10/18/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:
Here again with the arrogance. They are made of flesh and bone. Doesn't take much to kill a person. One hit to important area and you are done.


It really isn't arrogance. I know how they operate, and I know that everything they do is drilled into them, so that they hit first.

I think you are overestimating how easy it would be to surprise someone and get a hit in with a melee weapon.


I not. I know how deadly they are. But just because is hard, doesn't mean it cannot be done.


OKAY OKAY.... maybe it can be done.

If the melee users are all ninjas and the gun users are not trained. So, basically never.



It's like a dan in karate. It is said that a barehanded user would have to match 3 dans to an opponent's 1 if their opponent is using a weapon.

Same thing with guns and melee weapons, kind of.


So you are the type of person who will no consider losing ever, because their opponents are doing something you perceive has ineffective ? Also calm down Joker.
Posted 10/18/15 , edited 10/18/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:





Are you done JOKER ?
You say.

cannot make gun users' lives hell with melee weapons, in almost any scenario

Then say.

Does that damage mean "making their lives hell?" Not at all.


You don't see the contradiction in what you just say do you ?


There is no contradiction in that. I'm thinking you struggle with English because it is not your first language.


Try harder. Because that is weak.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.