Post Reply Texting a girl from a dating site
26434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 10/19/15
So I started talking to this girl I met on a dating site a few days ago (she contacted me first) and things have been going ok. We haven't met yet, but I can't tell if she's interested since she takes forever to respond sometimes.

For the record, I don't hound her with texts or anything; I just send one or two when I see the text there and she still takes forever anyways. I've been trying to give her space and all, but it's been almost 2 days since our last conversation and she hasn't texted anything for my last response yet.

It's hard to get to a point where we're comfortable to meet if it takes this long and I know there's this whole social political thing about when to respond to texts, but since I sent the last text, should I send another one or should I wait for her to send me one? Should I be more assertive and present or just move on? Should I wait to ask to meet or should I speed things up?

I haven't dated a lot of women as I was more focused on finding myself in high school, so I'd appreciate any help I can get.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/19/15
"there's this whole social political thing about when to respond to texts"
No, there isn't.
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/19/15 , edited 10/19/15

Nightblade370 wrote:

So I started talking to this girl I met on a dating site a few days ago (she contacted me first) and things have been going ok. We haven't met yet, but I can't tell if she's interested since she takes forever to respond sometimes.

For the record, I don't hound her with texts or anything; I just send one or two when I see the text there and she still takes forever anyways. I've been trying to give her space and all, but it's been almost 2 days since our last conversation and she hasn't texted anything for my last response yet.

It's hard to get to a point where we're comfortable to meet if it takes this long and I know there's this whole social political thing about when to respond to texts, but since I sent the last text, should I send another one or should I wait for her to send me one? Should I be more assertive and present or just move on? Should I wait to ask to meet or should I speed things up?

I haven't dated a lot of women as I was more focused on finding myself in high school, so I'd appreciate any help I can get.


You're at the point where you need to meet and not bother texting anymore, trust me on this. I've played the stupid god damn text message game way too often. One or both parties ends up misconstruing a text and the whole thing will just fizzle out. Just be like "hey want to meet up and do "insert activity"? Take the initiative. She may even be waiting for that. You can never know, because texting is a totally bullshit way to communicate.
26434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 10/19/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

"there's this whole social political thing about when to respond to texts"
No, there isn't.


I approached it that way, but this girl is convinced that there is some politics to it. I think it's BS, but idk
26434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 10/19/15

Balzack wrote:


Nightblade370 wrote:

So I started talking to this girl I met on a dating site a few days ago (she contacted me first) and things have been going ok. We haven't met yet, but I can't tell if she's interested since she takes forever to respond sometimes.

For the record, I don't hound her with texts or anything; I just send one or two when I see the text there and she still takes forever anyways. I've been trying to give her space and all, but it's been almost 2 days since our last conversation and she hasn't texted anything for my last response yet.

It's hard to get to a point where we're comfortable to meet if it takes this long and I know there's this whole social political thing about when to respond to texts, but since I sent the last text, should I send another one or should I wait for her to send me one? Should I be more assertive and present or just move on? Should I wait to ask to meet or should I speed things up?

I haven't dated a lot of women as I was more focused on finding myself in high school, so I'd appreciate any help I can get.


You're at the point where you need to meet and not bother texting anymore, trust me on this. I've played the stupid god damn text message game way too often. One or both parties ends up misconstruing a text and the whole thing will just fizzle out. Just be like "hey want to meet up and do "insert activity"? Take the initiative. She may even be waiting for that. You can never know, because texting is a totally bullshit way to communicate.


Thanks for the advice. I might just do that since waiting around is getting kinda tiring.
26434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 10/19/15

Balzack wrote:


Nightblade370 wrote:

So I started talking to this girl I met on a dating site a few days ago (she contacted me first) and things have been going ok. We haven't met yet, but I can't tell if she's interested since she takes forever to respond sometimes.

For the record, I don't hound her with texts or anything; I just send one or two when I see the text there and she still takes forever anyways. I've been trying to give her space and all, but it's been almost 2 days since our last conversation and she hasn't texted anything for my last response yet.

It's hard to get to a point where we're comfortable to meet if it takes this long and I know there's this whole social political thing about when to respond to texts, but since I sent the last text, should I send another one or should I wait for her to send me one? Should I be more assertive and present or just move on? Should I wait to ask to meet or should I speed things up?

I haven't dated a lot of women as I was more focused on finding myself in high school, so I'd appreciate any help I can get.


You're at the point where you need to meet and not bother texting anymore, trust me on this. I've played the stupid god damn text message game way too often. One or both parties ends up misconstruing a text and the whole thing will just fizzle out. Just be like "hey want to meet up and do "insert activity"? Take the initiative. She may even be waiting for that. You can never know, because texting is a totally bullshit way to communicate.


Actually, I thank you for this advice greatly. She turned out to be a stuck up bitch.
4036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/19/15
Lamo that comment^
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 10/20/15

Nightblade370 wrote:

but this girl is convinced that there is some politics to it


lol, she's so weird
26434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 10/20/15

Gyava wrote:


Nightblade370 wrote:

but this girl is convinced that there is some politics to it


lol, she's so weird


Well, she turned out to be a stuck up snob in the end anyways, so screw that and screw texting politics.
152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 10/21/15
Dodged a bullet then with that one. :p Random contribution from a female point of view, but as long as you're not some weirdo trying to send her unwanted pics and are a generally well-meaning guy, a little assertiveness never hurt. Now, if that goes unnoticed after a while, then she just plain ain't interested.
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/21/15
Notice me senpai
You must be logged in to post.