Post Reply Second Half of Attack on Titan
37445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/20/15
Well. I just got back from watching the second half. I've never seen anything about the original story past the last episode of the anime, so I don't know what happens in the manga after that point either. I have no way to compare the LA movie's second half, story-wise.

The action sequence and special effects were kind of fun to watch, but the story, dialogue and character interactions were kind of lacking.

While I would not think it Academy Award winning material, it still was entertaining enough to watch.

Would I recommend anyone watch it? Sure, why not? It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.

Now, about that bit after the ending credits finished rolling. What was that about?
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/20/15 , edited 10/20/15
I had no idea there was a LA version. Definitely going to have to check it out.

Try the LA Parasyte, if you get the chance. I unfortunately can't seem to get my hands on Part 2. Part 1 is good, though. Pretty true to the anime/manga. I enjoyed it about as much.
23686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 10/20/15
as a movie, it's terrible
the ratings would probably be higher if they cut out everything except the action scenes

casting & plot = terrible
CGI in general = terrible, except the titans b/c they looked pretty cool

and no, i didn't think it was bad because the director deviated from the story - even if was a stand alone movie, it would be bad

however, i still had a lot of fun watching it with my friends b/c we laughed the whole time

as a movie? god awful
can you still have fun watching it? hellz yeah
Posted 10/20/15

DeadlyOats wrote:

Well. I just got back from watching the second half. I've never seen anything about the original story past the last episode of the anime, so I don't know what happens in the manga after that point either. I have no way to compare the LA movie's second half, story-wise.

The action sequence and special effects were kind of fun to watch, but the story, dialogue and character interactions were kind of lacking.

While I would not think it Academy Award winning material, it still was entertaining enough to watch.

Would I recommend anyone watch it? Sure, why not? It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.

Now, about that bit after the ending credits finished rolling. What was that about?


Manga reader here. The movie is no canon. I assuming you saw the preview to season 2 right ? I can't answer that question. Reason. IF I EXPLAIN THAT TO YOU. YOU WILL BE MADDER THAN A T-REX MOTHER. THAT A SPOILER THAT SPOIL MANY THINGS. YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO FIND OUT BY WATCHING SEASON 2 WHEN IT COME OUT. ALL I CAN SAY WITHOUT SPOILING IS THAT LEAD TO MIND FUCK AFTER MIND FUCK. THINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE STAR TO MAKE SENSE. PLEASE STAY AWAY OF ANYTHING RELATE TO IT. I NO JOKING, THERE ARE SOME MANY THING S RELATE TO IT, IN ONE SHAPE OR ANOTHER THAT EXPLAINING WILL PISS YOU OFF.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/20/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

Well. I just got back from watching the second half. I've never seen anything about the original story past the last episode of the anime, so I don't know what happens in the manga after that point either. I have no way to compare the LA movie's second half, story-wise.

The action sequence and special effects were kind of fun to watch, but the story, dialogue and character interactions were kind of lacking.

While I would not think it Academy Award winning material, it still was entertaining enough to watch.

Would I recommend anyone watch it? Sure, why not? It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.

Now, about that bit after the ending credits finished rolling. What was that about?


Manga reader here. The movie is no canon. I assuming you saw the preview to season 2 right ? I can't answer that question. Reason. IF I EXPLAIN THAT TO YOU. YOU WILL BE MADDER THAN A T-REX MOTHER. THAT A SPOILER THAT SPOIL MANY THINGS. YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO FIND OUT BY WATCHING SEASON 2 WHEN IT COME OUT. ALL I CAN SAY WITHOUT SPOILING IS THAT LEAD TO MIND FUCK AFTER MIND FUCK. THINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE STAR TO MAKE SENSE. PLEASE STAY AWAY OF ANYTHING RELATE TO IT. I NO JOKING, THERE ARE SOME MANY THING S RELATE TO IT, IN ONE SHAPE OR ANOTHER THAT EXPLAINING WILL PISS YOU OFF.


I think your caps lock is broken.
23686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 10/20/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


Manga reader here. The movie is no canon. I assuming you saw the preview to season 2 right ? I can't answer that question. Reason. IF I EXPLAIN THAT TO YOU. YOU WILL BE MADDER THAN A T-REX MOTHER. THAT A SPOILER THAT SPOIL MANY THINGS. YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO FIND OUT BY WATCHING SEASON 2 WHEN IT COME OUT. ALL I CAN SAY WITHOUT SPOILING IS THAT LEAD TO MIND FUCK AFTER MIND FUCK. THINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE STAR TO MAKE SENSE. PLEASE STAY AWAY OF ANYTHING RELATE TO IT. I NO JOKING, THERE ARE SOME MANY THING S RELATE TO IT, IN ONE SHAPE OR ANOTHER THAT EXPLAINING WILL PISS YOU OFF.


be warned
i once used caps lock

but i flew too close to the sun, where the mods chill and smoke

and they tore off my beautiful, sexy, and strong wings

don't let them kill you too
4375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 10/20/15
All I can imagine is a bunch of blond blue eyed people speaking in bad weeaboo japanese.
Posted 10/20/15

Gyava wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


Manga reader here. The movie is no canon. I assuming you saw the preview to season 2 right ? I can't answer that question. Reason. IF I EXPLAIN THAT TO YOU. YOU WILL BE MADDER THAN A T-REX MOTHER. THAT A SPOILER THAT SPOIL MANY THINGS. YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO FIND OUT BY WATCHING SEASON 2 WHEN IT COME OUT. ALL I CAN SAY WITHOUT SPOILING IS THAT LEAD TO MIND FUCK AFTER MIND FUCK. THINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE STAR TO MAKE SENSE. PLEASE STAY AWAY OF ANYTHING RELATE TO IT. I NO JOKING, THERE ARE SOME MANY THING S RELATE TO IT, IN ONE SHAPE OR ANOTHER THAT EXPLAINING WILL PISS YOU OFF.


be warned
i once used caps lock

but i flew too close to the sun, where the mods chill and smoke

and they tore off my beautiful, sexy, and strong wings

don't let them kill you too


I think or hope they are understanding. Hell google images alone spoil the shit of so many series. I just stressing this part in the series is where you want be surprise.
11068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Richardson, TX
Offline
Posted 10/20/15
I didn't stay once the credits started, so I didn't see the stinger. Oh well.

It was...a Japanese movie. Lots of screaming in anger and/or anguish that seemed over the top. Lots of ACK-TING! Too much standing around uselessly for supposedly-trained soldiers. Dangling plot points
.

On the plus side, it was recognizably an Attack on Titan movie. There were Titans, there were Scouts, there was 3D Maneuvering. There was a conspiracy related to the Titans. There were infiltrators, betrayals, drumhead tribunals.

OK, it wasn't Star Wars. It was comparable to a low-budget Sci-Fi Channel movie. And if you're a hard-core SnK fan, you'll probably hate it. I was entertained by it and don't feel like it was a waste of my time and money.
37445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/21/15
I forgot her name, so I'll call her "Research and Development Girl" All she wanted to do was dissect Erin, and shoot stingers and RPG's She was totally out of her mind bonkers in the movie. Kind of over the top. But she was hella fun to watch. LOL Potato girl didn't shine as much as I would have liked, but she had her moments.

That bit at the end of the closing credits, though. Was that anywhere near canon?

How long before the anime season two comes out?
Posted 10/21/15
LA movie? What do you mean by this?
37445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/21/15
LA = Live Action. Real people acted in the movie instead of animated characters.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 10/21/15
the anime had so much issues that I guess a movie would get its major fails as well not really much unexpected.
You must be logged in to post.