First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll now has 700,000 Paid Subscribers; partnership with Sumitomo announced to co-produce anime
7104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/25/15 , edited 10/25/15
wonder what CR will do if they ever get to over 1000000 paying subs











534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/15
Also curious on how this will impact shows like RWBY as well as manga properties that CR hosts. Could we see more manga based shows?

Also, my friend and I are working on a manga with intent to take it to the next level.
25496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/25/15
Nice. I always thought they did a good job with the website, at least.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 10/25/15

Nenorock wrote:

wonder what CR will do if they ever get to over 1000000 paying subs















I'm just glad they're over 9000.



534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

maxgale wrote:


Nenorock wrote:

wonder what CR will do if they ever get to over 1000000 paying subs















I'm just glad they're over 9000.





clutch...
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/21/16
It's been a little over a year and we still haven't heard anything about this
9110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 11/21/16
Are they planning on making CR Originals? Similar to Netflix and Hulu?
64026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 11/23/16

DevilGonzalez wrote:

It's been a little over a year and we still haven't heard anything about this


Not true, they're already doing it. They first went in small with being on production committees for small projects like Marshmallow, and then went a step further with the Shelter production which wouldn't have happened without their help and funds, and now they're going full in with projects like Children of Ether. They're making strides and have been getting more involved, they've just been building a foundation at the start but now they can do more and are doing more.


cvielman wrote:

Are they planning on making CR Originals? Similar to Netflix and Hulu?


They already have/are. Shelter could be considered one and Children of Ether is one.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-07/lesean-thomas-crunchyroll-children-of-ether-anime-unveils-plot-summary-more-staff/.107398
58556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 11/23/16
Their participation is not always obvious. I first noticed it when "Crunchyroll" (including the logo) popped up in the credits for Magical Somera-chan, and I have seen the same in at least one show airing this season (To Be Hero, IIRC).
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/26/16

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


DevilGonzalez wrote:

It's been a little over a year and we still haven't heard anything about this


Not true, they're already doing it. They first went in small with being on production committees for small projects like Marshmallow, and then went a step further with the Shelter production which wouldn't have happened without their help and funds, and now they're going full in with projects like Children of Ether. They're making strides and have been getting more involved, they've just been building a foundation at the start but now they can do more and are doing more.


Thanks for the info

42238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
dead
Offline
Posted 11/28/16 , edited 11/28/16
that depends, would they help me accomplish my lasting dream of a Nasujima animu by forcibly dismantling Brains Base's bandwagon of shit lately, and roping them into animating it? If so, I'm game.
942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 11/28/16

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:

Their participation is not always obvious. I first noticed it when "Crunchyroll" (including the logo) popped up in the credits for Magical Somera-chan, and I have seen the same in at least one show airing this season (To Be Hero, IIRC).


They're also credited in the ED credits for Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku.
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/28/16
I wish they would make a thread of the animes they helped co-produced so it would be easier to know instead of looking at the end credits
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/29/16

dark_pride wrote:


rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:


They're also credited in the ED credits for Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku.


I just watched the first episode for Magical Girl Raising Project and you're right their name does show up but it was a little hard to notice it
Vahvi 
3360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ever Changing
Offline
Posted 11/29/16 , edited 11/29/16

Nenorock wrote:

wonder what CR will do if they ever get to over 1000000 paying subs



Add more sophisticated social networking features and upgrade the forums i'd hope.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.