First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply CISA - Government's latest attempt at internet surveillance... again
35037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/23/15

PhantomGundam wrote:

It looks like it's vague intentionally considering the fact that they shot down any rational amendment that could've solved at least a few of the issues.

S.Amdt. 2548: "To protect information that is reasonably believed to be personal information or information that identifies a specific person."
S.Amdt. 2564: "To prohibit liability immunity to applying to private entities that break user or privacy agreements with customers."
S.Amdt. 2612: "To improve the definitions of cybersecurity threat and cyber threat indicator."

Amendments like these are no longer up for debate and they're set to vote next week. I guess we'll see where this goes.


Why am I not surprised at this point?


Thanks for providing your own simplified wording of the bill. Do you mind if I add that to the OP?


I would be greatly pleased.
17771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 10/23/15 , edited 10/23/15
yeah, remember hitler took power legaly. the laws were written and passed. how much longer before america starts "relocating" people they dont like....oh wait, all ready happened.
you already cant sue the goverment for illegaly torutuing you or violating you rights.
the constitution is a like sexy toy, some thing to be used when its suits you and ignored with it doesn't.
51435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/23/15

BlueOni wrote:

Why am I not surprised at this point?


Given the results of previous bills like this and the public outcry, I can see them failing to pass this one next week. But it's troubling to see Congress so persistent about it. Out of all the things they could be agreeing on, they just had to choose enhancing internet surveillance... They've been at this for so many years and still haven't given up.



I would be greatly pleased.


Thanks.
10113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/23/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I'm an authoritarian, I fully support what Eritrea is doing. You people are fucking terrible. Hobbes was right. We need someone to watch us so we don't touch ourselves at night.

You go on about "muh freedoms" and "muh guns" without regards to the people that the internet destroyed.


I can't tell if you're a fed, troll, or a someone who needs to crack open a history book and learn about the abuses of people in power throughout human history. I recommend reading about Mao Zedong. A stellar example of what people in power are capable of.
35037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/23/15

Uncle_Enzo wrote:

I can't tell if you're a fed, troll, or a someone who needs to crack open a history book and learn about the abuses of people in power throughout human history. I recommend reading about Mao Zedong. A stellar example of what people in power are capable of.


PV isn't serious. It's technically trolling, but without malicious intent.
Posted 10/24/15

Uncle_Enzo wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I'm an authoritarian, I fully support what Eritrea is doing. You people are fucking terrible. Hobbes was right. We need someone to watch us so we don't touch ourselves at night.

You go on about "muh freedoms" and "muh guns" without regards to the people that the internet destroyed.


I can't tell if you're a fed, troll, or a someone who needs to crack open a history book and learn about the abuses of people in power throughout human history. I recommend reading about Mao Zedong. A stellar example of what people in power are capable of.


There's some truth to what I said. Too much freedom corrupts. This can also apply to the people in power. Although I'm not too familiar with what Mao Zedong abuses.
3492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 10/24/15
So, are they going to start banning cat videos on Youtube?
35037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/24/15 , edited 10/24/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

There's some truth to what I said. Too much freedom corrupts. This can also apply to the people in power. Although I'm not too familiar with what Mao Zedong abuses.


Long of it short he stagnated the Chinese economy for decades, artificially drove China into a population crisis by encouraging everyone to have as many children as possible, violently suppressed political dissent, gathered "volunteers" to carry out difficult and dangerous labour, built a cult of personality around himself that has lasted even to this day, and so on.
18908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/24/15

rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:

So, are they going to start banning cat videos on Youtube?


Psstt.....don't upset the Kitty Masters..... it must never happen
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/24/15
What's really a pest are the insect sized spy drones the NSA now uses.
Posted 10/24/15

BlueOni wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

There's some truth to what I said. Too much freedom corrupts. This can also apply to the people in power. Although I'm not too familiar with what Mao Zedong abuses.


Long of it short he stagnated the Chinese economy for decades, artificially drove China into a population crisis by encouraging everyone to have as many children as possible, violently suppressed political dissent, gathered "volunteers" to carry out difficult and dangerous labour, built a cult of personality around himself that has lasted even to this day, and so on.


I thought abuses had less to do with incompetence and more malicious intent. Even though he killed more people than Hitler, it would hardly be qualified as a genocide, right?
10113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/25/15




I can't tell if you're a fed, troll, or a someone who needs to crack open a history book and learn about the abuses of people in power throughout human history. I recommend reading about Mao Zedong. A stellar example of what people in power are capable of.


There's some truth to what I said. Too much freedom corrupts. This can also apply to the people in power. Although I'm not too familiar with what Mao Zedong abuses.


The concepts of liberty (freedom) and human rights are tied together. There's a famous saying that sums it up pretty well, "Your liberty to swing your fist ends just where my nose begins". You are born with the right to liberty, only to the extent that it does not infringe on the liberty and rights of others.

10113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/25/15



Long of it short he stagnated the Chinese economy for decades, artificially drove China into a population crisis by encouraging everyone to have as many children as possible, violently suppressed political dissent, gathered "volunteers" to carry out difficult and dangerous labour, built a cult of personality around himself that has lasted even to this day, and so on.


I thought abuses had less to do with incompetence and more malicious intent. Even though he killed more people than Hitler, it would hardly be qualified as a genocide, right?


The sad thing is that people who have committed horrible crimes against humanity tend to believe they are doing it for a good cause. The intent of people who commit human rights abuses is completely irrelevant.
Posted 10/25/15

Uncle_Enzo wrote:




Long of it short he stagnated the Chinese economy for decades, artificially drove China into a population crisis by encouraging everyone to have as many children as possible, violently suppressed political dissent, gathered "volunteers" to carry out difficult and dangerous labour, built a cult of personality around himself that has lasted even to this day, and so on.


I thought abuses had less to do with incompetence and more malicious intent. Even though he killed more people than Hitler, it would hardly be qualified as a genocide, right?


The sad thing is that people who have committed horrible crimes against humanity tend to believe they are doing it for a good cause. The intent of people who commit human rights abuses is completely irrelevant.


But they still mean to do that. No one wanted the Chinese Famines.
10113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/25/15



The sad thing is that people who have committed horrible crimes against humanity tend to believe they are doing it for a good cause. The intent of people who commit human rights abuses is completely irrelevant.


But they still mean to do that. No one wanted the Chinese Famines.


Mao didn't starve, he lived like a king while his people did. All of his acts can be attributed to his hubris, arrogance, and ego. And this goes for all tyrants that have lived throughout history. America has been extortionately blessed that its founding fathers were men of the enlightenment age. They knew the wickedness and lust for power that lives in the hearts of men, and did all they could to keep the monopoly of force that states have out of the control of one person. Because of our liberty, the details of controversial laws get out to the public where open debates can happen. There is no way in hell an authoritarian like Mao would allow this kind of discussion on his laws.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.