First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply open relationships
80068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 10/23/15

coolfire719 wrote:

I am opposed because it is basicilly permission to cheat. How could let the person they like date someone else? Seriously then what is the point in dating that person? You might as well be friends with benefits who goes out on dates.


what i mean is not to date someone else but to have sex
1852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/23/15 , edited 10/31/15

thekevin4 wrote:

Open relationships are for whores



I agree.
21926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Local Group, Milk...
Offline
Posted 10/23/15 , edited 10/30/15
I am poly and I believe each relationship is unique and special regardless of what you have with anyone else. That's why my girlfriend and I are in an open relationship of sorts. We're not currently seeing anyone else but each other, but recently she did see a couple other people.


coolfire719 wrote:

I am opposed because it is basically permission to cheat. How could let the person they like date someone else? Seriously then what is the point in dating that person? You might as well be friends with benefits who goes out on dates.
To cheat is to break the rules. If dating outside the relationship is agreed upon, then it's not cheating. I say to each their own. Monogamy is perfectly okay if that's what both people want, but there are people out there like myself that want something different, and that's okay too.

Posted 10/23/15
You mean swingers?

Could never do that.
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 10/23/15
I'm a pretty flexible person in relationships, so I could handle either format of relationship, I think. Honesty is about my only constant across relationships.
13885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/23/15 , edited 10/30/15
Open relationships are hardcore powerplay of one of the partners to dread the hell out of the other one, I've never seen the mythical equal one where both are happy with each other and are just having some fun on the side, it's always about power, always. People who claim they love it are either the winning partner or desperatly lying. "I am good enough to have someone else, are you good enough to have someone else?" You get the idea.

So, get the hell out of here, either monogamy or a clean break up. I also don't understand how the disadvantaged partner can be so pathetic to stay in such relationships unless they have something big to loose like a house. Just how little selfworth do they have and how dare they to call themselves human, disgusting, but than again, because they are so disgusting they are an easy target for their predatory partner.
80068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 10/23/15 , edited 10/23/15

TheSkyIsUp wrote:

I am poly and I believe each relationship is unique and special regardless of what you have with anyone else. That's why my girlfriend and I are in an open relationship of sorts. We're not currently seeing anyone else but each other, but recently she did see a couple other people.


coolfire719 wrote:

I am opposed because it is basically permission to cheat. How could let the person they like date someone else? Seriously then what is the point in dating that person? You might as well be friends with benefits who goes out on dates.
To cheat is to break the rules. If dating outside the relationship is agreed upon, then it's not cheating. I say to each their own. Monogamy is perfectly okay if that's what both people want, but there are people out there like myself that want something different, and that's okay too.



brave MF
80068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 10/23/15

Schmooples wrote:

I'm a pretty flexible person in relationships, so I could handle either format of relationship, I think. Honesty is about my only constant across relationships.


so i take that as a yes?
Posted 10/23/15 , edited 10/23/15
Like one-night stands I find open relationships frivolous, and frankly in poor taste. And I find it perhaps more intellectually perverse than emotionally to entertain the idea that humans weren't originally social or monogamous. Being emotionally detached and terrified of the contrary does not grant ones rationalizations merit, if anything, it's a special type of ignorance, or dare I say stupidity, that is not worth wasting my breath on.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/23/15

Hrafna wrote:

Like one-night stands I find open relationships frivolous, and frankly in poor taste. And I find it perhaps more intellectually perverse than emotionally to entertain the idea that humans weren't originally social or monogamous. Being emotionally detached and terrified of the contrary does not grant ones rationalizations merit, if anything, it's a special type of ignorance, or dare I say stupidity, that is not worth wasting my breath on.


I'm not inherently against one-night stands, as long as both parties understand.

Open relationships, on the other hand, are more like a betrayal. Your leaving your long-term partner for another person.

46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 10/23/15 , edited 10/31/15
A relationship isn't a relationship without the two being for each other. So if someone is with someone else, then their not in a relationship and simply just a bunch of whores... #fact
80068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 10/23/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

A relationship isn't a relationship without the two being for each other. So if someone is with someone else, then their not in a relationship and simply just a bunch of whores... #fact


so far there is 2 people that is for open relationship
7043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/23/15
i don't know but i think i would not do that. what is the point on having a relationship with someone that cheat on you
80068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 10/23/15

Iriamu-chan wrote:

i don't know but i think i would not do that. what is the point on having a relationship with someone that cheat on you


open relationship is when both parties are ok to do it with other people
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Way outside the box
Offline
Posted 10/23/15
lol no its definitely not for me
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.