First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply New Full Metal Panic Anticipation
11678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
If they're not being forthcoming about it being a new season, perhaps it's a reboot...? That's what a lot of studios are doing these days instead of just doing a continuation.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this after seeing the first season, and now I have an excuse to actually watch Second Raid.

Not Fumoffu though. I watched about 3 episodes of that and it's basically exactly what you think of when you think of bad comedy anime. Which is strange, since the first season had plenty of better humor in it.
Posted 10/27/15
This is something I'm really looking forward to!!! I loved the first season and fumoffu.

Btw, is Chidori really Tsundere??

I mean, anyone would constantly get mad at Sousuke so she really is not annoying and doesn't hit him for no reason like other tsunderes do... I don't like tsunderes but if she is then she is the only exception, I love her!
SEKaen 
26131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

sporkaganza wrote:

If they're not being forthcoming about it being a new season, perhaps it's a reboot...? That's what a lot of studios are doing these days instead of just doing a continuation.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this after seeing the first season, and now I have an excuse to actually watch Second Raid.

Not Fumoffu though. I watched about 3 episodes of that and it's basically exactly what you think of when you think of bad comedy anime. Which is strange, since the first season had plenty of better humor in it.


It's not a reboot. It will be a continuation. Gatoh himself said the anime will be produced as the "way you would it expect it to be" implying it will continue after the events of TSR. To add further proof, Laevatinn, an AS Sousuke gets later in the novels is behind him in the promo picture. You can also assume everything in the main story novels will be adapted. Now as for Fumoffu, no clue yet. Hopefully if the Japanese aren't dumb this time and buy the BDs we could see more Fumoffu. I will definitely be importing them.
6393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

SEKaen wrote:

Hopefully if the Japanese aren't dumb this time and buy the BDs we could see more Fumoffu. I will definitely be importing them.


To meet this it'd probably have to have more fan service than before, because that seems to be the main thing that sells over there (good story? nah. T&A/panty shots? hell yeah!)
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

SEKaen wrote:

To add further proof, Laevatinn, an AS Sousuke gets later in the novels is behind him in the promo picture.


Oh damn! I didn't even notice that. That definitely looks like Laevatein.

Anyways I've only read the manga, but I've been told the manga and novels are basically the same. To my understanding, there is a lot of material to adapt if they wanted to finish the rest of the story. It's been while since I finished the manga, but I'm not even sure a two cour could finish the story?

I hope they can give this anime as much time as it needs to finish because the events after Second Raid are easily the greatest parts in the series and should be fleshed out as much as possible. Literally from episode 1 onward, it'd be a nonstop roller coaster . The events that come later are really intense and exciting, I cannot wait to see those animated.
15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


SEKaen wrote:

To add further proof, Laevatinn, an AS Sousuke gets later in the novels is behind him in the promo picture.


Oh damn! I didn't even notice that. That definitely looks like Laevatein.

Anyways I've only read the manga, but I've been told the manga and novels are basically the same. To my understanding, there is a lot of material to adapt if they wanted to finish the rest of the story. It's been while since I finished the manga, but I'm not even sure a two cour could finish the story?

I hope they can give this anime as much time as it needs to finish because the events after Second Raid are easily the greatest parts in the series and should be fleshed out as much as possible. Literally from episode 1 onward, it'd be a nonstop roller coaster . The events that come later are really intense and exciting, I cannot wait to see those animated.


Sounds promising. .Though still need to get around to finishing the second season.

Currently found myself somehow caught up in Xam'd Lost memories.
Posted 10/27/15
Shut up and take my money!
17765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15
OMG! hell, its about time.
and for the chidori tsundere haters, this is right about where she starts to grow out of it.
i loved this seres becuase of the char growth. going off from the manga, it gets darker after TSR.
have to put off suicide untill i can see this, then die happy.
61554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
I hope to God that KyoAni has nothing to do with this.

give it to someone who can do this series justice, like Satelite, Madhouse, Production IG.. ANYONE.
17765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
anyone got a link? source?
27352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15
I’ll finally get to see this sexy machine animated.

This is the full view of the ARX-8 Leviathan, Sousuke 2nd arm slave.

1344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
I haven't read the LN or manga, but, from all the chatter, I take it the Arbalest gets wrecked or made obsolete? Do they at least keep its AI? I kinda liked it.
11689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

aidenraine wrote:

I hope to God that KyoAni has nothing to do with this.

give it to someone who can do this series justice, like Satelite, Madhouse, Production IG.. ANYONE.


What do you mean? Were you not a fan of Second Raid? That was personally my favorite season of FMP.
215251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
61554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/15

Barbobot wrote:

aidenraine wrote:
I hope to God that KyoAni has nothing to do with this.

give it to someone who can do this series justice, like Satelite, Madhouse, Production IG.. ANYONE.

What do you mean? Were you not a fan of Second Raid? That was personally my favorite season of FMP.

I'm more or less talking about KyoAni as they are now.

the KyoAni that released TSR and the KyoAni of today have two entirely different feels to them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.