First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Capitalism benefits the working class far more than the ruling class
Posted 10/27/15

VZ68 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


VZ68 wrote:


Schmooples wrote:

Right, that's why any rich person would be happy to go back in time and live as a rich person millennia ago.

As things progress, quality of life goes up for all - this isn't a trait of capitalism alone. The same would occur under a Communist or Socialist system, too.

However, capitalism allows wealth and benefit to pool near the top. For example, refrigeration lets the working class keep food for long and get it from farther away, but it also allows the wealthy to accumulate more, as well, leading to a steeper difference between the wealthy and working class.


Yes, the USSR and North Korea were awesome places to live.


In the 70s, NK actually had a better standard of living because the USSR was buying their shit goods. Nowadays they turned to Juche and 2/3s of their factories are empty. Back then everyone was wondering "why aren't we as good as NK".


I don't remember that back then in the 1970's.....


It's true I tell you! It's TRUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Rohzek 
15004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

biscuitnote wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

Yes, we get to enjoy the luxury of fast food like mcdonalds and kfc, while they have to wait hours just for an appetiser.

Go working class.


Did you read what I posted? Your response leads me to believe you didn't read it.


I did, and I simply don't agree. My reply was tongue in cheek, not literal.

Working class will never be able to fly first class or stay at the hiltons. Last hotel I stayed in had doorknobs that's about to fall off; that's the reality of working class.


You still live better than 90 percent of humanity. You have a car electricity food everyday more entertainment than people 100 years ago could dream about. Yet you still believe you are entitled to more without having to earn it.


Again, this is a rather poor argument. Just because there are benefits that an economic system does, it does not therefore justify the system. Hitler improved the living standards for the vast majority of the German people up until the very end of the war. The Southern slave holders improved the lives of their slaves over the previous generation of slaves. Do either of these facts justify those economic arrangements of the past? I would say that they clearly don't.

Now what makes your argument for capitalism or wage slavery rather any different from those arguments above? I don't see the difference. The bar of justification is a high one, and I don't think you meet it.
10999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
capitalism surely helps the working class a lot more. i mean, look at the Triangle Factory of the 1900s - the working class clearly had more advantages compared to their employers. it's not like there was a fire that claimed the lives of several women because of neglect to employee safety or anything. they were totally not trapped in the fire because of their employer's policy. capitalism was very beneficial to undocumented workers from Mexico, who work in US farms for a decent salary of a few cents an hour. the benefits of capitalism can also be seen as far as China, where hundreds of thousand of workers at Foxconn and other factories enjoy great benefits. the many stories of people committing suicide due to work ethics are clearly a myth.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

Rohzek wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

Yes, we get to enjoy the luxury of fast food like mcdonalds and kfc, while they have to wait hours just for an appetiser.

Go working class.


Did you read what I posted? Your response leads me to believe you didn't read it.


I did, and I simply don't agree. My reply was tongue in cheek, not literal.

Working class will never be able to fly first class or stay at the hiltons. Last hotel I stayed in had doorknobs that's about to fall off; that's the reality of working class.


You still live better than 90 percent of humanity. You have a car electricity food everyday more entertainment than people 100 years ago could dream about. Yet you still believe you are entitled to more without having to earn it.


Again, this is a rather poor argument. Just because there are benefits that an economic system does, it does not therefore justify the system. Hitler improved the living standards for the vast majority of the German people up until the very end of the war. The Southern slave holders improved the lives of their slaves over the previous generation of slaves. Do either of these facts justify those economic arrangements of the past? I would say that they clearly don't.

Now what makes your argument for capitalism or wage slavery rather any different from those arguments above? I don't see the difference. The bar of justification is a high one, and I don't think you meet it.


Whats your argument free stuff for everybody? And comparing the USA to the third reich or southern plantation life reeks of ignorance. The struggle of 2015 working class Americans is not comparable to either of those system.
Rohzek 
15004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15

biscuitnote wrote:


Rohzek wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

Yes, we get to enjoy the luxury of fast food like mcdonalds and kfc, while they have to wait hours just for an appetiser.

Go working class.


Did you read what I posted? Your response leads me to believe you didn't read it.


I did, and I simply don't agree. My reply was tongue in cheek, not literal.

Working class will never be able to fly first class or stay at the hiltons. Last hotel I stayed in had doorknobs that's about to fall off; that's the reality of working class.


You still live better than 90 percent of humanity. You have a car electricity food everyday more entertainment than people 100 years ago could dream about. Yet you still believe you are entitled to more without having to earn it.


Again, this is a rather poor argument. Just because there are benefits that an economic system does, it does not therefore justify the system. Hitler improved the living standards for the vast majority of the German people up until the very end of the war. The Southern slave holders improved the lives of their slaves over the previous generation of slaves. Do either of these facts justify those economic arrangements of the past? I would say that they clearly don't.

Now what makes your argument for capitalism or wage slavery rather any different from those arguments above? I don't see the difference. The bar of justification is a high one, and I don't think you meet it.


Whats your argument free stuff for everybody? And comparing the USA to the third reich or southern plantation life reeks of ignorance. The struggle of 2015 working class Americans is not comparable to either of those system.


I'll address your issues in no particular order. First, I did not compare the USA to the Third Reich, etc. Rather, I pointed out the fundamental flaw in your argument: that improvements in life and conditions automatically justify an economic system and its arrangements. I simply pointed out that your argument could just as easily be used to justify slavery and the Hitler's National Socialism, both of which I consider far worse than capitalism.

As for free stuff for everybody, no that's not my argument. My own arguments are really a separate issue from the flaws of your own arguments, but I suppose I'll espouse them anyways. I'm no utopian. Ideally, however, like John Stuart Mill I believe that those who run the mills should own them. In short, I think people should own and control their work and labor. This is a serious issue that Adam Smith, Karl Marx, and countless others have highlighted and discussed as the primary flaw in this current economic system.
11041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.