First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply UN Calls for Japan to Ban Loli and Shota Manga-Again!
35746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / My Chair, OH
Online
Posted 10/27/15

zinjashike wrote:


Grauger wrote:

Please understand the source then make comments.


An incompetent bureaucrat displaying said incompetence - I understand perfectly fine the source. She's arguing that loli hentai is somehow partly responsible for attacks or they reinforce flippant attitudes that surround attacks. I would love to see a peer reviewed paper with some degree of empirical evidence she's basing such a belief on. Once again, she may help be responsible for removing one of the viable outlets that prevents children from being attacked by jumping the gun.

Equally, stiffer penalties don't do anything to solve the problem of pedophilia as it's reactionary in nature and not proactive. Instead, campaigns that seek to find healthy outlets and treat the individuals that suffer it should be the first resort - with high levels of confidentiality and no repercussions for seeking help (registry/watch list) as the stigma alone could destroy many if published/leaked preventing them from seeking help. Somehow suggesting that these are people that need help before they do something bad is now a controversial opinion because dehumanizing to further political careers has become the go to action.

By vilifying without offering assistance to those that need it, you end up with clusters of sick individuals that reinforce one another. Without an outside voice to guide and keep them from going off the rails they may start to enforce dangerous behavior and progress their illness.

Politicians love this tactic because they can look tough on crime while pushing those at risk away from safety nets that would give them a fighting chance. When they commit a crime the politician can then turn around and go "see, I was totally right!"

Note what she recommended: fixing poverty and gender quality - it will do absolutely nothing to help with attacks against children.

Does Japan have problems with sexual exploitation of minors? Absolutely. I find the solutions recommended pathetic and her analysis of the core cause daft at best.

Please provide a legitimate source for this

Now my argument to the second thing will be speculation and has possibly been disproved be a legitimate source:
Wouldn't her solutions help in some way though? Helping fight against poverty could help prevent young girls from getting into the JK industry in the first place thus reducing the number of victims. As far as gender inequality, this is entirely to help victims so they don't have to be the ones that have to live in the shadows because of one event. (This last point was somewhat brought up in her findings)
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


zinjashike wrote:

Let me get this straight,

The UN wants to ban one main outlet pedophiles can have that may prevent them from causing real irreparable harm?

They can fuck right off with that.


Some say that these outlets encourage loliconism and deviancy. Porn itself is known to have a whole host of maladies associated with such a drug.


"Some say" is not a valid source for censorship, it's up to them to provide peer reviewed studies showing that the believed implications are true. To tell a government to censor without knowing the actual implications is disingenuous at best.


Grauger wrote:
Please provide a legitimate source for this


I'm saying that it may cause damage by jumping the gun, maybe I was vague in that? It's up to her to prove damage and not vice-versa when suggesting the use of censorship. Hence the demand for actual peer review studies with empirical evidence as to the claims. The act first and ask questions later because "the children" politicians have grasped onto often causes unintended consequences. How many "sex offenders" are out there that, for all intents and purposes, the general public would not see as such? See minors sending selfies, someone peeing in an alley/off road, etc.


Now my argument to the second thing will be speculation and has possibly been disproved be a legitimate source:
Wouldn't her solutions help in some way though? Helping fight against poverty could help prevent young girls from getting into the JK industry in the first place thus reducing the number of victims.


In relation to pedophilia specifically, the majority of attacks are almost always by someone close to the family. We know the myth of stranger danger today. If you're arguing helping with poverty will reduce prostitution effectively, that's a relative "no shit" sentiment.


As far as gender inequality, this is entirely to help victims so they don't have to be the ones that have to live in the shadows because of one event. (This last point was somewhat brought up in her findings)


The point I make is this is a vague objective with no defined outcome. Gender inequality in - what - will fix which issues specifically?

It screams of posturing for the media. On its face it sounds reasonable and is - until you realize that it's mostly an empty platitude. You need to lead with an objective, and follow with a meticulous methodology to achieve it.
2444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Anime World
Online
Posted 10/27/15
UN can go stick a dildo on the wall, bend, and proceed to go fuck themselves.
23206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15
Or maybe we can focus on the welfare of children that actually exist. Reminds me of how PETA gets angry about things like Pokemon, when they are issues concerning real animals that they could be focusing on.
38862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

bosch_doc wrote:

UN can go stick a dildo on the wall, bend, and proceed to go fuck themselves.


Pretty sure I have seen a porno like that
3480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
The UN goes after lolicon. PETA goes after catgirls. What's next, the Vatican going after anime that have demons and succubi as the main characters?
43912 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / southern USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
An angry feminist tries to tell Japan what to do. They are forever trying to export the puritanistic sexual morality of the USA to every other counry. I hope Japan ignores them.
16735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15

rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:

The UN goes after lolicon. PETA goes after catgirls. What's next, the Vatican going after anime that have demons and succubi as the main characters?


I think the Vatican is the most sensible of those organizations somehow.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
With all the hellish problems in the world. The UN picks loli's of all things is the upmost importance.......
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15


The onus is on those seeking to censor to provide proof, but we still can.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1540-4560.1973.tb00094.x/abstract

This paints the picture pretty well.


In relation to pedophilia specifically, the majority of attacks are almost always by someone close to the family. We know the myth of stranger danger today. If you're arguing helping with poverty will reduce prostitution effectively, that's a relative "no shit" sentiment.


I'd like to point out that a sizable majority of instances of child sexual abuse are not carried out by pedophiles, but rather by situational offenders. As you say, they are normally close friends of family members, often with behavior disorders or histories of substance abuse. It is normally an act of violence and oppression and as such is not exclusive to pedophiles - just as straight men have been known to rape other men.
105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15
Jokes aside, I think it would be interesting to do an actual study on the affects of things like loli. See if there's any correlation between it and sexual abuse of minors. Honestly, I would suspect not. From what I've seen, it seems a lot like rape fantasy porn. There's a huge amount of people who are into that, but don't go around raping people. I would say that's the case with the vast majority of people who have rape fantasies.

I think the UN needs to note that and look into it. See if there's any increase in child sexual abuse because of things like loli. If not, then I can't see them rightfully banning drawn child porn where no one is harmed and not banning rape fantasy porn (I'm not aware of a time where they've attempted to ban rape fantasy porn. If they have, please let me know). There is also the possibility that taking away access to things like that could actually increase sexual abuse rates due to those people not having an outlet. However, I don't know how likely that is. Especially since the vast majority of the people who seem to be into loli are just normal people with a fetish. Doesn't mean they're going to go out and rape children.

I am also curious of where the line would be drawn. What about porn stars who look really young but are actually of legal age? Are they no longer allowed to be porn stars? I mean, even in that case you're dealing with real people where as with the manga they're just drawn characters. What if a manga artist draws a "loli" character but states somewhere that the character is 18 years old? Would that violate the rules? I mean, I've seen real girls in real life that look underage but are actually in their 20s.

Honestly though, this reminds me a lot of when PETA flipped their shit because Assassin's Creed IV allowed whaling. Ignore the real victims and focus on the fake ones. Seems to be the way a lot of activists are acting lately.
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

biscuitnote wrote:

To be fair I think there are to many lolis in anime. What is wrong with creating anime with adult main characters?


Implying there are no adult lolis.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15

TrickedMJ wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:

To be fair I think there are to many lolis in anime. What is wrong with creating anime with adult main characters?


Implying there are no adult lolis.


That's just a dumb loophole they use. Lolis are obnoxious because they are shoved into everything. They have their place but they are overused.
11413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
Oh boy, this old chestnut. Why focus on the big problems when people are jacking it to fictional characters having sex, am I right? Honestly this just feels like a case of 'just another day at the office'.
Posted 10/27/15

zinjashike wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


zinjashike wrote:

Let me get this straight,

The UN wants to ban one main outlet pedophiles can have that may prevent them from causing real irreparable harm?

They can fuck right off with that.


Some say that these outlets encourage loliconism and deviancy. Porn itself is known to have a whole host of maladies associated with such a drug.


"Some say" is not a valid source for censorship, it's up to them to provide peer reviewed studies showing that the believed implications are true. To tell a government to censor without knowing the actual implications is disingenuous at best.


Grauger wrote:
Please provide a legitimate source for this


I'm saying that it may cause damage by jumping the gun, maybe I was vague in that? It's up to her to prove damage and not vice-versa when suggesting the use of censorship. Hence the demand for actual peer review studies with empirical evidence as to the claims. The act first and ask questions later because "the children" politicians have grasped onto often causes unintended consequences. How many "sex offenders" are out there that, for all intents and purposes, the general public would not see as such? See minors sending selfies, someone peeing in an alley/off road, etc.


Now my argument to the second thing will be speculation and has possibly been disproved be a legitimate source:
Wouldn't her solutions help in some way though? Helping fight against poverty could help prevent young girls from getting into the JK industry in the first place thus reducing the number of victims.


In relation to pedophilia specifically, the majority of attacks are almost always by someone close to the family. We know the myth of stranger danger today. If you're arguing helping with poverty will reduce prostitution effectively, that's a relative "no shit" sentiment.


As far as gender inequality, this is entirely to help victims so they don't have to be the ones that have to live in the shadows because of one event. (This last point was somewhat brought up in her findings)


The point I make is this is a vague objective with no defined outcome. Gender inequality in - what - will fix which issues specifically?

It screams of posturing for the media. On its face it sounds reasonable and is - until you realize that it's mostly an empty platitude. You need to lead with an objective, and follow with a meticulous methodology to achieve it.


I was only attempting to provide a counter to your example by saying that people also thought of the opposite. I don't actually believed it. :/

<Huge Loli fan.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.