First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Spreading awareness or Vigilante
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 10/26/15
A coworker of mine showed these videos at work today and it led to a lively discussion. Some calling them heroes for outing these guys while one said it was entrapment and another worker called them idiots just trying to get views.
If these videos are real in the first place then personally i'm glad these guys are exposing these people and calling the cops on them. Even if nothings happens to the guys they call the cops on then at least they are on notice for any possible threats these men may pose in the future.

Watch and decide yourself
A little info on videos before you click- A group of guys and a girl make a fake account girl claims she underage and invites men over. While the other guys are in the restroom waiting and when things escalate then they step in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjwfeoF7_Bo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6DisyDKYs



So my question is what do y'all guys think are they good people for exposing pedofiles, are they idiots putting themselves in harm's way, or just some guys trying to get views. I'm looking through their other videos and they seem to do some risky social experiments.

Another video to add
Abducting girls at a bar- picking up drunk girls and telling them hes going to take them to an party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4VmYrquAs

My personal opinion
From what I see most of his videos have some type of positive message so i'm giving him the benefit of doubt and will say he's one of the good guys trying to spread awareness
8007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/26/15 , edited 10/26/15
While I do understand that there are good intentions behind doing this, I disagree with method as a whole, Vigilante's can't be held responsible like proper law enforcement. I know this because I once knew someone who's life got ruined by a 'vigilante' who most likely just had a grudge against that person. Also, when it comes to the drunk girls video, half the responsibility falls when getting into situations like that. Everyone knows that alcohol clouds your judgement and by indulging in it, you do so knowing this risk.
Posted 10/26/15
Chitai desu.
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 10/26/15
For one, they aren't "exposing pedophiles." A 15 year old, as the girl pretended to be, is well above the age-range required for someone to be considered a pedophile. Also, just so this is out there ahead of time: pedophilia is an attraction, not an action. There is a difference between a rapist and a pedophile. The two are not interchangeable.

Now, more on my view: this behavior is, overall, risky for those involved. It is not a risk that should be taken lightly. On top of that, it should be noted that the methods used often involve quite a bit of pushing in these sorts of situations. The guy may decline a few time, but the girl continues to push. There is a wide difference between a predator and someone who eventually gives into pressure from these sorts of things.

Also, in many areas, 15 year olds are legally able to consent. This opens up further doors for issues and misunderstanding, as well as simply opens up more people for hardship.
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 10/26/15

Schmooples wrote:

For one, they aren't "exposing pedophiles." A 15 year old, as the girl pretended to be, is well above the age-range required for someone to be considered a pedophile. Also, just so this is out there ahead of time: pedophilia is an attraction, not an action. There is a difference between a rapist and a pedophile. The two are not interchangeable.

Now, more on my view: this behavior is, overall, risky for those involved. It is not a risk that should be taken lightly. On top of that, it should be noted that the methods used often involve quite a bit of pushing in these sorts of situations. The guy may decline a few time, but the girl continues to push. There is a wide difference between a predator and someone who eventually gives into pressure from these sorts of things.

Also, in many areas, 15 year olds are legally able to consent. This opens up further doors for issues and misunderstanding, as well as simply opens up more people for hardship.


So if someone kept telling you to push someone off a bridge and you do it, it's because of peer pressure. I would like to see that fly in a courtroom. None of these men had any business showing up they made the choice to come. If it was peer pressure than I would keep all my chat logs, call the cops, or a simpler reaction is to stop responding to the one calling me. There's no difference between someone being called repeatedly over by an underage girl nor a predator in the end both lead to the same thing and that is to have sex with an underage kid. It's all about self-control and these men proved they had none when they made the choice to drive to that hotel, knock on that door, and ask for that girl by name so I have no pity for them.

20898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 10/26/15

brigand554 wrote:

Chitai desu.


what's that even mean.

google told me nothing
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/26/15

Schmooples wrote:

For one, they aren't "exposing pedophiles." A 15 year old, as the girl pretended to be, is well above the age-range required for someone to be considered a pedophile. Also, just so this is out there ahead of time: pedophilia is an attraction, not an action. There is a difference between a rapist and a pedophile. The two are not interchangeable.

Now, more on my view: this behavior is, overall, risky for those involved. It is not a risk that should be taken lightly. On top of that, it should be noted that the methods used often involve quite a bit of pushing in these sorts of situations. The guy may decline a few time, but the girl continues to push. There is a wide difference between a predator and someone who eventually gives into pressure from these sorts of things.

Also, in many areas, 15 year olds are legally able to consent. This opens up further doors for issues and misunderstanding, as well as simply opens up more people for hardship.


In the US, I'm not sure any state has 15 for the age of consent. I didn't watch the vids, but am happy that Vigilante actually did some research into statutory rape and didn't do something stupid like pose as someone who's simply under 18 -_-. You know, like if they were in like say Arizona and they pretended to be a 17 year old girl -_-. Just so much stupidity.

But then again, if they're trying to expose pedophiles, why would they pick such a high teen age lol? 15...? really? So they contact 18-20 year old guys as 15 year old girls... and what are they trying to accomplish, lol? Imho, that's not pedophilia, that's just one of those black-letter laws if they're 20 and she's 15, you know just one of those fine-print illegalities. I really can't call a 20-year old who ends up becoming sexually attracted to a 15 year old, a pedophile.

They should've been posing as 8 year old girls. That's the age range where you can't help but find the guys who "fall for the bait" truly despicable. But, hey -- I guess if they did that, no one would fall for the bait because no one's sick like that, or only a small percent of people are like that ^^. Then they wouldn't have been able to make vids :D

11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/26/15

J-POP187 wrote:


Schmooples wrote:

For one, they aren't "exposing pedophiles." A 15 year old, as the girl pretended to be, is well above the age-range required for someone to be considered a pedophile. Also, just so this is out there ahead of time: pedophilia is an attraction, not an action. There is a difference between a rapist and a pedophile. The two are not interchangeable.

Now, more on my view: this behavior is, overall, risky for those involved. It is not a risk that should be taken lightly. On top of that, it should be noted that the methods used often involve quite a bit of pushing in these sorts of situations. The guy may decline a few time, but the girl continues to push. There is a wide difference between a predator and someone who eventually gives into pressure from these sorts of things.

Also, in many areas, 15 year olds are legally able to consent. This opens up further doors for issues and misunderstanding, as well as simply opens up more people for hardship.


So if someone kept telling you to push someone off a bridge and you do it, it's because of peer pressure. I would like to see that fly in a courtroom. None of these men had any business showing up they made the choice to come. If it was peer pressure than I would keep all my chat logs, call the cops, or a simpler reaction is to stop responding to the one calling me. There's no difference between someone being called repeatedly over by an underage girl nor a predator in the end both lead to the same thing and that is to have sex with an underage kid. It's all about self-control and these men proved they had none when they made the choice to drive to that hotel, knock on that door, and ask for that girl by name so I have no pity for them.



Actually, no. In entrapment cases, if the agent is too pushy, there's this legal standard where once the methods used are "irresistible" or something like that, it's just entrapment. You know, like if the agent repeatedly called up the guys, repeatedly texted, went on and on about sex, made promises, etc. etc. Then it's entrapment.

People can be strong, but everyone's got a breaking point. So, yeah, if an agent turns a normal guy into a rapist, it's entrapment.
Posted 10/26/15

Ryulightorb wrote:


brigand554 wrote:

Chitai desu.


what's that even mean.

google told me nothing


It's retarded.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/26/15
I couldn't help but laugh at these videos.
20898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 10/26/15

brigand554 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


brigand554 wrote:

Chitai desu.


what's that even mean.

google told me nothing


It's retarded.


so it's some hentai .-. from what i found
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 10/26/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


Actually, no. In entrapment cases, if the agent is too pushy, there's this legal standard where once the methods used are "irresistible" or something like that, it's just entrapment. You know, like if the agent repeatedly called up the guys, repeatedly texted, went on and on about sex, made promises, etc. etc. Then it's entrapment.

People can be strong, but everyone's got a breaking point. So, yeah, if an agent turns a normal guy into a rapist, it's entrapment.


I would agree if they were cops but since these guys are just ordinary people it might be a tad different. Going to need to look it up
at worse they get labeled vigilantes. As for breaking point I would call getting multiple texts or messages at worse an annoyance. The example you left while I would agree that would be entrapment however leaves a trail phone logs, texts messages, promises of sex that would give the victim in that scenario plenty of ammo for a massive lawsuits, while in this cases these men are the ones that sought out an underage kid and chatted them up.
Posted 10/26/15

Ryulightorb wrote:


brigand554 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


brigand554 wrote:

Chitai desu.


what's that even mean.

google told me nothing


It's retarded.


so it's some hentai .-. from what i found


The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat. Wait.... that has no hentai...
25145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 10/26/15 , edited 10/26/15
Wouldve been better if they skipped past the courtroom and just killed them.
14767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/26/15

stormzdreamer wrote:

While I do understand that there are good intentions behind doing this, I disagree with method as a whole, Vigilante's can't be held responsible like proper law enforcement.


For example, the case can't be dismissed over Entrapment, as would be the case with law enforcement if they had done it.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.