First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Do You Have the Right To Defend Yourself Against the Police?
5057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

PrinceJudar wrote:

Listen to the police instead of being a dumb bitch and getting my ass beat for it.



That takes a stunning amount of mental fortitude (maybe half a gram of it?) and the fact you can play smart.

I am friends with quite a few police officers, and have been arrested 2 times as well (also got to ride in the car about 7 times). I have never once had any bad experience with a cop other when I was in a fight with a little bastard (seriously, broke my $200, $300 on lend, and $25 calculators, he earned it). They put in a restraint and held me to the ground. I felt very little pain... unless I struggled like all hell.

I can say not many people have had the amount of experiences with cops I have... and I have yet to have a really bad experience. All of them were my fault and when I listened, life was easy. Why people don't listen to the cop is beyond me.
9814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15
Self-defense is a natural right, and instinct. That's at odds with societal rules. Depending on the circumstances, everyone and their mother might as well slap me with "resisting arrest" and "attacking a police officer" charges before stepping out of their vehicle. At the end of the day, we have the same "fight or flight" instinct as most anything else, regardless of how much in denial we are in.
79 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Marietta, Georgia
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
The real question then becomes how would you define police brutality? A lot of these crazy events are just dumb criminals fighting the police and getting injured/killed from it. Yes there are some events of police brutality, but when people start yelling that left and right, how do you define it?
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

brookline wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

If the police attacked me it would be easy to sue them, like, are they even aloud to attack 13 year olds?


Yes they are allowed to attack and kill 13 year olds


Damn, its not like I do anything bad, but the police of today are quite corrupt...
788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

ILuvCats11 wrote:

If the police attacked me it would be easy to sue them, like, are they even aloud to attack 13 year olds?


Very good point, hopefully they aren't aloud to.

However, the police shouldn't be able to attack pedestrians, unless they are a threat to them.

Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15
Ask Kelly Thomas.

You sit on the side of the road, complying, when the police officer threatens to beat you up. The police officer then pushes you, so you fall over. Since getting pushed, and falling over equals not complying, the police officer pulls up a baton and swings it at your knees. You dodge the blow of his baton, not once, but twice, and then you run from this psycho who wants to cause you harm, resisting arrest. You get swarmed by a gang of police officers, and they all beat and strangle you to death while you cry for your parents to come save you. It's all caught on camera (is all over youtube), and none of the police officers are found guilty for murdering you.

It's not easy to bend, when the police instigates you to break.
37164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
Rights aside, if you fight the police you are going to have a bad day. If the police force is corrupt enough that officers are willing to attack innocent civilians, the technicalities of the law aren't going to protect you from them.

You are better off taking the beating, protecting your vital spots and dealing with it in court. The second you do damage to a cop you are in for a world of hurt and trouble.
632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15
You should but you don't, they could just kill you and say self defence. It's what they do most of the time.
So it's just better to put up with it and make a complaint later, rather than be dead.

Watched one recording of this 17 year old (not big in any way was in that awkward lanky faze) who would not get out of his car or show his Driver's licence, so the cop dragged him out made him lay on the ground and then tased him and then jumped on him and shot him 7 times. Cop said it was self defense and did not get in trouble at all, even though the video SHOWED him murder that guy NOT in self defence.

Yes the teen should have listened to the cop but that does not give reason to murder him, he had his licence plate written down, he could have just called it in and got his info and gave him a ticket.
632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15
Also the cop was a ass, he had a new car and it had a malfunction where the lights were too bright so people keep flashing him to let him know his high beams where on and this apparently made him mad, so everyone who flashed him to say his car was too bright and made it hard for them to see he pulled over to bitch at.
3326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

Chaossal wrote:

You should but you don't, they could just kill you and say self defence. It's what they do most of the time.
So it's just better to put up with it and make a complaint later, rather than be dead.

Watched one recording of this 17 year old (not big in any way was in that awkward lanky faze) who would not get out of his car or show his Driver's licence, so the cop dragged him out made him lay on the ground and then tased him and then jumped on him and shot him 7 times. Cop said it was self defense and did not get in trouble at all, even though the video SHOWED him murder that guy NOT in self defence.

Yes the teen should have listened to the cop but that does not give reason to murder him, he had his licence plate written down, he could have just called it in and got his info and gave him a ticket.


Gotta love 'Murica. Good thing you have your guns to "protect your freedom"
51491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
Depends on the circumstances.

If I'm just minding my own and a cop just grabs me and cuffs me, probably mistaking me for someone else, I would just talk to them and try to get the mess sorted out. If the cop just starts beating me when I haven't done anything to provoke them, of course I would fight back and try to defend my life. I'm not just going to stand there and let a psycho try to beat me, possibly trying to kill me. A police badge shouldn't protect cops from the law.
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

Chaossal wrote:

You should but you don't, they could just kill you and say self defence. It's what they do most of the time.
So it's just better to put up with it and make a complaint later, rather than be dead.

Watched one recording of this 17 year old (not big in any way was in that awkward lanky faze) who would not get out of his car or show his Driver's licence, so the cop dragged him out made him lay on the ground and then tased him and then jumped on him and shot him 7 times. Cop said it was self defense and did not get in trouble at all, even though the video SHOWED him murder that guy NOT in self defence.

Yes the teen should have listened to the cop but that does not give reason to murder him, he had his licence plate written down, he could have just called it in and got his info and gave him a ticket.


We must have seen read different stories did you see the cops injuries? I won't post them here since i'm pretty sure I can't post anything graphic so take a look here if your interested.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3275534/Devastated-relatives-file-lawsuit-against-sheriff-s-deputy-shot-dead-unarmed-teenager-flashed-car-lights-him.html
16805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

ILuvCats11 wrote:


brookline wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

If the police attacked me it would be easy to sue them, like, are they even aloud to attack 13 year olds?


Yes they are allowed to attack and kill 13 year olds


Damn, its not like I do anything bad, but the police of today are quite corrupt...


They used to be far worse before the internet and video cameras. Now if they do obviously illegal stuff they get caught since everyone that has a phone also has a video re order. Police forces are having to clean up because now when a cop gets caught quite often there is footage somewhere so its not a cops word vs a lying civilian.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
It's not so I much I think people can't woop a cops butt. But it's kind of hard to do something against a man with a gun with only your hands. Common sense would tell you to just do as he/she says if you want to live.
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

Rujikin wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:


brookline wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

If the police attacked me it would be easy to sue them, like, are they even aloud to attack 13 year olds?


Yes they are allowed to attack and kill 13 year olds


Damn, its not like I do anything bad, but the police of today are quite corrupt...


They used to be far worse before the internet and video cameras. Now if they do obviously illegal stuff they get caught since everyone that has a phone also has a video re order. Police forces are having to clean up because now when a cop gets caught quite often there is footage somewhere so its not a cops word vs a lying civilian.


Do I dare ask what "far worse" is...

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.