First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Why is Crunchyroll licensing so much garbage lately?
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


bobland wrote:


Saemonza wrote:

Oh neat, this thread again.


Exactly.

To OP, maybe it's not CR but just you. What I'm getting is "CR isn't matching my tastes anymore so everything on here is trash".


No, I can understand. So many hyped up anime that are NOT on CR. I mean, I don't think Overlord is great, but it's definitely popular. One Punch Man? Licensed by Hulu. Never heard of Chivalry of a Failed Knight. Tokyo Ghoul? Not on Cr. Assassination Classroom. Psycho Pass.

I mean sure, we got Gintama, The Big 3, DRR, etc....

but I feel as if all the POPULAR (But usually mediocre) stuff is not on CR.

That's it. We're hipsters.


Recently, CR's got Parasyte, Shigatsu, Shokugeki, DanMachi, GATE, Charlotte. Monogatari series is an ongoing series on here.

That's not a bad selection of recent popular stuff.
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15

bobland wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


bobland wrote:


Saemonza wrote:

Oh neat, this thread again.


Exactly.

To OP, maybe it's not CR but just you. What I'm getting is "CR isn't matching my tastes anymore so everything on here is trash".


No, I can understand. So many hyped up anime that are NOT on CR. I mean, I don't think Overlord is great, but it's definitely popular. One Punch Man? Licensed by Hulu. Never heard of Chivalry of a Failed Knight. Tokyo Ghoul? Not on Cr. Assassination Classroom. Psycho Pass.

I mean sure, we got Gintama, The Big 3, DRR, etc....

but I feel as if all the POPULAR (But usually mediocre) stuff is not on CR.

That's it. We're hipsters.


Recently, CR's got Parasyte, Shigatsu, Shokugeki, DanMachi, GATE. Monogatari series is an ongoing series on here.

That's not a bad selection of recent popular stuff.


Oh yeah, Shigatsu is...#13 on MAL's rankings.

Wasn't sure what year it was, so I didn't include it.
8640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Shigatsu is...#13 on MAL's rankings.


Absolute cancer.
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
Don't forget that Charlotte was Japan's favorite show last season, and CR carried that one.
15778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 10/27/15
Meh. I like CR, but then again I also use Funi, Hulu, Daisuki and Viewster as well as Netflix. But, I only use the CR community/forums.
Posted 10/27/15

Saemonza wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Shigatsu is...#13 on MAL's rankings.


Absolute cancer.


NGNL is 83....but to me it's 7k.
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Saemonza wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Shigatsu is...#13 on MAL's rankings.


Absolute cancer.


NGNL is 83....but to me it's 7k.


You mean this level?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Mars_of_Destruction
5906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
also don't forget licensing is per country, someone commented they have "the big 3" but i only get naruto on my end and to watch bleach i'd need to use my netflix and i can just forget about the only one of the big 3 i give a damn about (One Piece)

things i don't get that CR licenses to other countries include: Nisekoi, One Piece and... (my inconvenient bad memory just kicked in so i'll edit the rest in if i remember)
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Saemonza wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Shigatsu is...#13 on MAL's rankings.


Absolute cancer.


NGNL is 83....but to me it's 7k.


NGNL is a negative number to me.; A large negative number, but smaller than Attack on Titan.
11678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15
It's like people have said, CR probably gets the last pick when it comes to licensing, so the most popular stuff usually gets a miss.

Which leaves CR to scavenge through the wasteland that is modern middle-tier anime – 90% of it is pandering, creepy garbage and that's just the state of the market right now.

On the plus side, it basically means we get almost any shoujo or josei series that airs, since they don't perform as well in Japan no matter how good they are.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 10/27/15
Watch more anime plebeians.
11678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

Stonewolfe wrote:

Watch more anime plebeians.


Do you actually have anything to say? This isn't /a/.
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15

Gafennec wrote:

NGNL is a negative number to me.; A large negative number, but smaller than Attack on Titan.


Number 1 is the best....so a negative number is better?! What are you smoking?
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/15 , edited 10/27/15

sporkaganza wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:

Watch more anime plebeians.


Do you actually have anything to say? This isn't /a/.


That was a valid thing to say.

There's quite a few popular stuff on CR, but whether people choose to see it or not is completely up to them.
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Number 1 is the best....so a negative number is better?! What are you smoking?


I don't smoke, drink alcohol or do illegal drugs. But my opinion and $5 will get a large coffee from Starbucks. If I drink coffee or wanted to pay for over priced coffee.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.