First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Third Republican Debate
28635 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Seattle, WA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/28/15 , edited 10/28/15

Rujikin wrote:

have to listen to it at work tomorrow.


brookline wrote:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You realize if you only consider one party then you are voting based on favourites not who you think can run the country the best?


Considering one side always fights against women's rights, gives tax breaks to billionaires, and lacks climate change common sense, along with common sense in general, it's easy for me to ignore that side.
4036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/28/15 , edited 10/29/15


Considering one side always fights against women's rights, gives tax breaks to billionaires, and lacks climate change common sense, along with common sense in general, it's easy for me to ignore that side.




^
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 10/28/15
I was glad they called out the moderators. If anything this debate and the other ones sealed my support for whoever gets the Republican nomination.
51563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/15

Glorianos wrote:

Considering one side always fights against women's rights, gives tax breaks to billionaires, and lacks climate change common sense, along with common sense in general, it's easy for me to ignore that side.


Voting based on party is never a good idea. You assume every republican is the same. You should be looking into which candidate you share the most views with. Pay no attention to the (D) or (R) next to their names. That's only stopping you from making an informed decision.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/29/15

Glorianos wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

have to listen to it at work tomorrow.


brookline wrote:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You realize if you only consider one party then you are voting based on favourites not who you think can run the country the best?


Considering one side always fights against women's rights, gives tax breaks to billionaires, and lacks climate change common sense, along with common sense in general, it's easy for me to ignore that side.




28635 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Seattle, WA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/29/15

PhantomGundam wrote:


Glorianos wrote:

Considering one side always fights against women's rights, gives tax breaks to billionaires, and lacks climate change common sense, along with common sense in general, it's easy for me to ignore that side.


Voting based on party is never a good idea. You assume every republican is the same. You should be looking into which candidate you share the most views with. Pay no attention to the (D) or (R) next to their names. That's only stopping you from making an informed decision.


They all have the same core beliefs. Against gay marriage when there's no reason to. Against gender equality. Against helping the poor when we have a huge amount of money at the top. I don't completely ignore the side, I listen and read to the news all the time, honestly. I am just not willing to follow any of those people when their entire party is against my core beliefs. I listen to what the other side says, however, and I look to see which of those matches my beliefs most and who is most trustworthy.
16853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/29/15

Glorianos wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

have to listen to it at work tomorrow.


brookline wrote:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You realize if you only consider one party then you are voting based on favourites not who you think can run the country the best?


Considering one side always fights against women's rights, gives tax breaks to billionaires, and lacks climate change common sense, along with common sense in general, it's easy for me to ignore that side.


Republicans give tax breaks to individuals and production businesses. Democrats create loopholes and tax breaks for wall street and banking/insurance companies. Both of them give throwbacks to the people who donated large amounts of money.

Earth has been dethawing from the last ice age for 10,000 years. We sped it up a bit but it would have warmed up regardless. We have however chopped down a most of Earths forests and marshes replacing them with asphalt and concrete both of which convert sunlight into thermal energy. Then we stir up the soil so much it cannot store carbon, farming. On top of that EVERYTHING we do generates heat while our man made structures trap heat. Yet the only thing you carbon heads are worried about is CO2 and even the studies show a measily 2 degree increase in global temperate by keeping current CO2 levels. What we need to worry about is polluting the oceans and air not CO2 red herrings.

So raising the debt level to ungodly levels with no spending cuts and non plans how to deal with it is common sense to you?
41715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/29/15
Anyone have a link where I can watch this hilarity?
16853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/29/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

Anyone have a link where I can watch this hilarity?


https://youtu.be/iv26rhNC97Y
Posted 10/29/15

PhantomGundam wrote:


Glorianos wrote:

Considering one side always fights against women's rights, gives tax breaks to billionaires, and lacks climate change common sense, along with common sense in general, it's easy for me to ignore that side.


Voting based on party is never a good idea. You assume every republican is the same. You should be looking into which candidate you share the most views with. Pay no attention to the (D) or (R) next to their names. That's only stopping you from making an informed decision.


Yeah, Hilary frightens me.
16853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/29/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:


Glorianos wrote:

Considering one side always fights against women's rights, gives tax breaks to billionaires, and lacks climate change common sense, along with common sense in general, it's easy for me to ignore that side.


Voting based on party is never a good idea. You assume every republican is the same. You should be looking into which candidate you share the most views with. Pay no attention to the (D) or (R) next to their names. That's only stopping you from making an informed decision.


Yeah, Hilary frightens me.


Me too... I hope it doesn't become a Hilary vs trump race because no matter who wins America will lose.

I am hearing Democrats say she did a great job in the democratic debates... I just wonder what measurement they use to determine that.
51563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/29/15

Rujikin wrote:

I am hearing Democrats say she did a great job in the democratic debates... I just wonder what measurement they use to determine that.


She won because she stood there and smiled the whole time. It's the same reason she "won" against the republicans during the Benghazi hearing last week. As long as she's smiling, it doesn't matter what comes out of her mouth. Her cult voters only care about the fact that she's a woman and believe she can do no wrong.
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/29/15
I wasted two hours of my life watching this. I thought it was going to be amusing, but it was just infuriating and (following that) incredibly disappointing. One of the worst parts had to be the incessant weeping over the questions. Ted Cruz literally spent all of his time ranting about how the question wasn't asked nicely enough for the soft, dainty, gentle, little flowers on the stage and when the moderators said something not to the liking of Ben Carson they were booed down by the mobs of his supporters.

It's rather ironic how the party claiming to hate political correctness had a room full of people begging for it.

I think it says a lot about a debate when on the first question nearly every candidate avoids answering it, dances around the issue, or blatantly lies (I'm looking at you Huckabee).

As for Bush, he might as well drop out of the race at this point. Sorry Jeb! No one will be sad to see you go.
24056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/29/15

Rujikin wrote:

So raising the debt level to ungodly levels with no spending cuts and non plans how to deal with it is common sense to you?



What are the specific negative effects of government debt? In addition, what are the positive effects of a government surplus?
16853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/29/15

Bantarific wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

So raising the debt level to ungodly levels with no spending cuts and non plans how to deal with it is common sense to you?



What are the specific negative effects of government debt? In addition, what are the positive effects of a government surplus?


Ever heard of interest? It's what you pay monthly on debt you own. Interest rates are near 0% right now so interest isn't affecting us much now. When interest rates increase more and more of our budget will go towards paying interest. Which means we have to increase taxes to pay for increased interest rates.

A positive government surplus means we can pay off debt and not burden future generations with mountains of debt. Also we can reinvest it into infrastructure in the USA which needs some major repairs.

A side effect of having little debt is the value of our money increases because it is a safer investment.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.