First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
New info on Macross Delta.
64156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Right behind you.
Offline
Posted 10/29/15
Figured there would most likely be other Macross fans on here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-29/macross-delta-tv-anime-unveils-teaser-staff-characters-valkyries/.94760

Needless to say, i am very excited about this. It occurs 8 years after Frontier.
Nowyn 
28016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 10/29/15
To my knowledge they never released Macross Frontier over in the US (or anywhere else). Is that still true? If so are they wanting to release Delta at all?

I mean you cant even look at any of the videos for Macross Frontier on Youtube without them getting taken down really quick.
31462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Online
Posted 10/29/15

Nowyn wrote:

To my knowledge they never released Macross Frontier over in the US (or anywhere else). Is that still true? If so are they wanting to release Delta at all?

I mean you cant even look at any of the videos for Macross Frontier on Youtube without them getting taken down really quick.


The reason they have never released Macross 7, Zero, or Frontier in the USA is a rights dispute with Harmony Gold. And, the owners of Macross apparently don't think it is worth the time and money to take HG to court in the USA over it. I really wish they would change their minds. Either that, or HG be willing to cut a deal that does not try to force the other Macross properties into the Robotech universe.

15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 10/29/15
I doubt Harmony Gold will be willing to cooperate too much. They're getting ready to revive Robotech here in the West with new content as well as the live action movie being a go. They are supposed to have the script done I believe by end of January. I think it's a shame that high profile series like this go through so much turmoil. Kind of like how Bandai fd themselves here is the west with Gundam and we have to import everything.
The Wise Wizard
99891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 10/29/15

Yamstarch wrote:

Kind of like how Bandai fd themselves here is the west with Gundam and we have to import everything.

No longer true:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/sunrise-partners-with-right-stuf-to-release-gundam-franchise-stateside/.79830

The releases even include Turn A Gundam, which had no previous release in the US.

15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 10/29/15

TheAncientOne wrote:


Yamstarch wrote:

Kind of like how Bandai fd themselves here is the west with Gundam and we have to import everything.

No longer true:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/sunrise-partners-with-right-stuf-to-release-gundam-franchise-stateside/.79830

The releases even include Turn A Gundam, which had no previous release in the US.



We'll F me that's good to hear. About time Bandai.

3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 1/1/16
Harmony Gold is EVIL incarnate of the anime world!

There are MANY Macross fans who are forced by HG to go to the darkside to get our Macross fix

I am PUMPED for this new series and will watch it WHEREVER I have to!
104007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/29/15
The trailer is nice.
13925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Terra Firma
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 1/1/16
Thanks for the link.

Never knew about that rights dispute either. That makes perfect sense now. Its sad.

Robotech got me started into anime long ago. After I found out how HG butchered Macross once I got older, I wasn't able to forgive them.

Big Macross fan still though.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 1/1/16

marterran wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Never knew about that rights dispute either. That makes perfect sense now. Its sad.

Robotech got me started into anime long ago. After I found out how HG butchered Macross once I got older, I wasn't able to forgive them.

Big Macross fan still though.


I agree, I will never forgive HG either

Do you recognize my avatar
13925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Terra Firma
Offline
Posted 10/29/15
Awesome Lynn Minmay pic. Its an awesome series.

3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 10/29/15
Love that artwork. Back then you could really tell a lot of effort was put into the craft

today lots of CGI puke-i-ness
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/30/15
Mmmmmmm Misa Hayase

13925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Terra Firma
Offline
Posted 10/29/15 , edited 10/29/15
I agree. Understand CGI saves time and makes their jobs easier, but I feel the art feels more artificial. If that makes sense. Heh. Our old school anime has more heart, damn it! That is also a wonderful Misa, Yamstarch. Good eye.
31462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Online
Posted 10/30/15
After reading the the ANN article, I'm kind of worried we might be seeing another Macross 7. Don't get me wrong, I love the music in Macross 7. But, the story was really bad in my opinion. At least Frontier had a semi-plausible reason why the Vajra were affected by the music.

I'm another person who can't forgive HG for what they did to 3 excellent series and an awesome movie (Megazone 23). I found the Southern Cross section of Robotech to be boring. But, after seeing the original series (The Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross), it made a lot more sense.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.