First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Will Tales Of Xillia ever come to the ps4 ?
Posted 10/29/15
I been playing Tales Of Zestiria and I am in love.

I saw that Tales of Berseria was announce for the PS4. So any hope of coming over ?
Because I kind hoping it is. Since Tales of Berseria will probably come on 1 or 3 years time. I need something to satiated my thirst for TALES GAMES.


34062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Online
Posted 10/29/15
Forget Xillia.... I want the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia
Posted 10/29/15

miGneto wrote:

Forget Xillia.... I want the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia


Can't we have both ?
27708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/29/15
Our best hope is that it gets included in Playstation Now, to be honest.
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 10/30/15
One of the main reasons why I keep my PS3 hooked up still. just for the games I can't play anywhere else.
34062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Online
Posted 10/30/15 , edited 10/30/15

KarenAraragi wrote:



Can't we have both ?


Fair point

I have Xillia 1 and 2 on PS3 and that's why I'm more partial to Vesperia. Although I do have Vesperia on Xbox 360, the PS3 version has more content and also has an extra character. Unfortunately, the PS3 version of Vesperia is in Japanese with no English subtitles
5813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/30/15
Tales games actually aren't all that dialogue/text heavy and I think they sell pretty well. I think all future Tales games will come here. PSN usually runs a flash sale on Xillia 1 ($7) once every couple of months.
48744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/30/15 , edited 10/30/15

miGneto wrote:

Forget Xillia.... I want the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia


There is the import version of Vesperia on PS3 available, I have a copy in fact. It's fully Japanese though, the voice acting talent is awesome but you'd need a walkthrough to get through it.

Also at the OP...why should Xillia port to PS4? If Zestiria was your first Tales game, you should play Vesperia, Abyss and Symphonia. Those are the "true" main title Tales game with any challenge, the rest are too easy.
Posted 10/30/15
It would be awesome if it did! Xillia was the first Tales game I played and I loved it. Seeing how I traded in my PS3 for a PS4 I would love to run through it again with enhancements
5828 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 10/31/15
likely not unless it's put on PS now.
3482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 11/1/15

alicia-m wrote:


miGneto wrote:

Forget Xillia.... I want the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia


There is the import version of Vesperia on PS3 available, I have a copy in fact. It's fully Japanese though, the voice acting talent is awesome but you'd need a walkthrough to get through it.

Also at the OP...why should Xillia port to PS4? If Zestiria was your first Tales game, you should play Vesperia, Abyss and Symphonia. Those are the "true" main title Tales game with any challenge, the rest are too easy.



Was there any reason why the PS3 "Tales of Vespiria" was never released Stateside? I played the Xbox 360 version, anything different about the two?
48744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/1/15 , edited 11/1/15

rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:


alicia-m wrote:


miGneto wrote:

Forget Xillia.... I want the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia


There is the import version of Vesperia on PS3 available, I have a copy in fact. It's fully Japanese though, the voice acting talent is awesome but you'd need a walkthrough to get through it.

Also at the OP...why should Xillia port to PS4? If Zestiria was your first Tales game, you should play Vesperia, Abyss and Symphonia. Those are the "true" main title Tales game with any challenge, the rest are too easy.



Was there any reason why the PS3 "Tales of Vespiria" was never released Stateside? I played the Xbox 360 version, anything different about the two?


Not too certain on this. The Japanese PS3 Tales of Vesperia is vastly superior to the Xbox 360 version though. Who knows what Namco was thinking? But if you played Eternal Sonata, you might know there is a lesser-known PS3 version as well, and the difficulty is way out of whack in comparison to the Xbox 360. However, Eternal Sonata had full English text/audio available. Eternal Sonata is another Namco JRPG so just thought it was somewhat relevant.

The full list of differences between Xbox 360 ToV and PS3 ToV is pretty large, if interested you can look it up but I'll just mention a few brief points:

1. You get 1 entirely new character. This obviously comes with more skits, interactions, story elements.
2. A few exclusive dungeons/bosses.
3. You get Flynn permanently towards the end of the game...not a huge deal but Flynn and Yuri has a duo Mystic Arte.
4. You get a new EX Dungeon upon completion of your first clear.
5. Characters gain a second Mystic Arte and the limit gauge is increased to 8.
6. PS3 costumes/attachments.
7. Some additional gears and items, as well as the "Arte Ball" that lets you set up to 16 artes. Personally, I found it 100% useless.
8. Characters have some new artes/skills.
9. There are some new soundtracks.
10. There is a Team Arena available at the Coliseum.
11. More scenes are voiced.
12. Repede has a new minigame.
13. You can retain your devil arms kills through the grade shop.
14. New enemies and general "minor" difficulty increases.
15. You can pause and skip scenes, even the animated cutscenes.
16. There are some additional trophies.

There are more but this covers most of it I think. Considering the import version (new) I bought was cheaper than a used Xbox 360 copy here, yeah I have no regrets. A walkthrough will easily get you through if you don't know Japanese.




316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Italy at the moment
Offline
Posted 11/1/15

Yamstarch wrote:

One of the main reasons why I keep my PS3 hooked up still. just for the games I can't play anywhere else.


That's why I left Xbox. It has like no JRPGs, excluding tales of vesperia that was the best I found , and I can only play FPS for so long.

17467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago,IL
Offline
Posted 11/1/15

Marcusarcun wrote:


Yamstarch wrote:

One of the main reasons why I keep my PS3 hooked up still. just for the games I can't play anywhere else.


That's why I left Xbox. It has like no JRPGs, excluding tales of vesperia that was the best I found , and I can only play FPS for so long.



Eternal Sonata is great.

Blue Dragon is good if you like classic turn-based JRPGs with a lot of grinding.

Lost Odyssey is good if you are looking for a good story.

Final Fantasy XIII has a great battle system and great music.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 wasn't very good imo.

Tales of Vesperia is my favorite JRPG on xbox.


On topic? No it won't come to the PS4.
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Italy at the moment
Offline
Posted 11/1/15

MrChamploo wrote:


Marcusarcun wrote:


Yamstarch wrote:

One of the main reasons why I keep my PS3 hooked up still. just for the games I can't play anywhere else.


That's why I left Xbox. It has like no JRPGs, excluding tales of vesperia that was the best I found , and I can only play FPS for so long.



Eternal Sonata is great.

Blue Dragon is good if you like classic turn-based JRPGs with a lot of grinding.

Lost Odyssey is good if you are looking for a good story.

Final Fantasy XIII has a great battle system and great music.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 wasn't very good imo.

Tales of Vesperia is my favorite JRPG on xbox.


On topic? No it won't come to the PS4.


I actually played everyone of those games you mentioned I flipped most of them except for Blue Dragon I scratched one of the discs beyond repair .

They were all great games but Vesperia gave me the most for my buck ,JRPG-wise, and I respect that xbox kind of tried to bring some JRPGs but PS has a crapload of games I have to play.

*FF13-2 I grinded on Steam last month and played until I lost interest, Maxed Characters and monsters but needed to play slots for final achievements, F**k that lol. Excuse my language

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.