First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
If you woke up tomorrow with no fear, what would you do first?
Posted 11/1/15 , edited 11/1/15
Omg I would be kinda happy

I have lot of anxiety if I woke up without fear my anxiety would be gone, so that'd be awsome.

I could finally not be shy, or scared to do normal things, like going to social gatherings or big events.

First thing I'd do is talk to someone without that shyness.
7033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/1/15
Make breakfast. Laugh at a spider. Call it a day.
Posted 11/1/15 , edited 11/1/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Pee my pants.


that's actually interesting. it's possible someone would let it out deliberately. afterall, it's fear that makes someone not break the rules they've been trained to not break even if what they do is going against what's good for them. in a way, even when someone tries to defy fear, they are doing it because of fear.

i get that you probably meant that a person can't eliminate fear.
Posted 11/1/15 , edited 11/1/15

severticas wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Pee my pants.


that's actually interesting. it's possible someone would let it out deliberately. afterall, it's fear that makes someone not break the rules they've been trained to not break even if what they do is going against what's good for them. in a way, even when someone tries to defy fear, they are doing it because of fear.

i get that you probably meant that a person can't eliminate fear.


Nope, The reason I get out of bed is to go to the toilet and then the day begins.
If I wasn't worried about that, I'd start when I feel like some tea.

To put it another way, I'm more motivated by what I fear will happen rather than what I want.
Posted 11/1/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


severticas wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Pee my pants.


that's actually interesting. it's possible someone would let it out deliberately. afterall, it's fear that makes someone not break the rules they've been trained to not break even if what they do is going against what's good for them. in a way, even when someone tries to defy fear, they are doing it because of fear.

i get that you probably meant that a person can't eliminate fear.


Nope, The reason I get out of bed is to go to the toilet and then the day begins.
If I wasn't worried about that, I'd start when I feel like some tea.

To put it another way, I'm more motivated by what I fear will happen rather than what I want.


Uhh.. i think we mean the same thing.

to even have memories is to have fear. .
Posted 11/1/15

severticas wrote:

Uhh.. i think we mean the same thing.

to even have memories is to have fear. .


I don't think we view fear the same.
To me fear is a motivator, present in all things I experience even on a subconscious level. But I don't think to have a memory is to have fear. It's to know fear and to have a comparison of what's scarier but if I had no memories, I'd still probably have some kind of paranoid self preservation.
67646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/1/15 , edited 11/1/15
Go into Work and tell some people who piss me off what I really think of them
Posted 11/1/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


severticas wrote:

Uhh.. i think we mean the same thing.

to even have memories is to have fear. .


I don't think we view fear the same.
To me fear is a motivator, present in all things I experience even on a subconscious level. But I don't think to have a memory is to have fear. It's to know fear and to have a comparison of what's scarier but if I had no memories, I'd still probably have some kind of paranoid self preservation.


well, motivation for your behaviour is to have knowledge of fear and to have knowledge of fear is to have memories.
Posted 11/1/15

severticas wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


severticas wrote:

Uhh.. i think we mean the same thing.

to even have memories is to have fear. .


I don't think we view fear the same.
To me fear is a motivator, present in all things I experience even on a subconscious level. But I don't think to have a memory is to have fear. It's to know fear and to have a comparison of what's scarier but if I had no memories, I'd still probably have some kind of paranoid self preservation.


well, motivation for your behaviour is to have knowledge of fear and to have knowledge of fear is to have memories.


That's circular logic: "to even have memories is to have fear" "to have knowledge of fear is to have memories"
Posted 11/1/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


severticas wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


severticas wrote:

Uhh.. i think we mean the same thing.

to even have memories is to have fear. .


I don't think we view fear the same.
To me fear is a motivator, present in all things I experience even on a subconscious level. But I don't think to have a memory is to have fear. It's to know fear and to have a comparison of what's scarier but if I had no memories, I'd still probably have some kind of paranoid self preservation.


well, motivation for your behaviour is to have knowledge of fear and to have knowledge of fear is to have memories.


That's circular logic: "to even have memories is to have fear" "to have knowledge of fear is to have memories"


what you're familiar with is in your memory.
45729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Midwest
Online
Posted 11/1/15
Quit my job.
476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/15
Fear? The only fear I have is never ending life. Which I doubt would ever happen.
Otter Modder
51195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 1/26/17
Forum Clean up. Old 2015 threads Locked.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.