First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
to those fighting despair/depression/suicidal thoughts
Posted 11/3/15
Useless.
6868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/3/15 , edited 11/3/15
Ah yes...Depression. I have had this for years now. I feel like there is no reason to go on without having someone you can love. I really do.
Had suicidal thoughts but snapped out of it. It's a pain living where I am not gonna be able to get work because I don't want to be around other people.
"Why don't you go out more often?" Yeah, fuck you for suggesting stuff like that. If it was that easy I would've shot myself since that is the same thing if you say "Why don't you just shoot yourself?"

Fighting depression? I think of games that is coming out in the future, that's about it tbh...
466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/15
Hi, I just want to say that I can relate to all of you. We might have different reasons, but we all feel the same way. I personally was able to overcome most of my depression a couple of years ago. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I was able to. At some points in my life, I actually tried to commit suicide. Having a knife in front of you while crying and thinking all the things you hate about the world is not a very pleasant experience, It definitely marks you for life. Now, I don't want to sound like the person saying "Oh, everything will be fine. Life is awesome and you will like it eventually" because I know that makes us feel even worse. I know it did to me. However, I can tell you one thing. Nothing stays the same, and it's always good to look forward to change. Personally, I hated everyone around me. My parents, the people who called themselves "my friends," classmates, and pretty much everyone else. I felt like they didn't understand me, wanted me to be someone else, and disapproved of my hobbies. In addition, I didn't have the best childhood in a way. I was always forced to do stuff that was unnecessary just because the people taking care of me wanted so. The one thought that kept me going through the most difficult times was me turning 18. I always look at the age of 18 as a golden year. To me it symbolizes freedom to do whatever you want. Sure I might have to go to college or work, but at least I will be doing it to buy things that I like, I will not be forced to be with my parents, and go anywhere I want with whoever I want. One day during class I met this awesome person who saw some potential in me. We started talking, and eventually, after a really long time, I was able to call him friend, a true friend. This was my turning point. I started to smile (I can only recall a couple of times in my childhood when I actually laughed), and enjoy some things in life. My relationship with my parents hasn't improved, and I don't intend to do so. I show affection just to make them feel ok, but I don't really feel much affection towards them. I will be turning 18 soon, and I'm looking forward to college and fun experiences that I will have with my friends. Long story short, I feel like the best way to overcome depression is to talk to people around your age. Make new friends, even if it's through the internet. Anime and video games definitely helped, it gave me something small to look forward in a day. We are here for each other. If you need to talk to somebody, I'm here. I understand you. Oh, and sorry for the essay, I didn't wanted to be this long, but I feel it has some emotion in it. PM me if you want to talk, we might even become good friends.
Ejanss 
16501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/15

NyakoMayushii wrote:

-plays the song Lean on Me-


Yeah, but you know we're just going to picture your avatar every time we hear it now, don't you?
27141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/3/15

Ryulightorb wrote:


QuietlyLoud wrote:

I suffer from depression and honestly I hate therapy. Therapy doesn't help though, and neither does medication, so I'm basically screwed. I don't want people to tell me how to deal with depression, I just want to talk to somebody who understands. To be honest, that's what helps the most.


Try to find someone else who has depression and talk to them :o?


That's not good advice tbh.


10222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 11/3/15
I have been on the site 7 cups of tea and they didn't help that much. Although I suppose it was nice being able to talk to someone about my problems who wouldn't judge me for it or go and tell the people involved.
37394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / KY/USA
Offline
Posted 11/3/15 , edited 11/3/15
I absolutely love these threads, I get to see them on Facebook all the time.
Am I the only guys not trying to off himself on the internet? Life is not peachy but I wouldn't consider offing myself because of it.

My advice to the would be wrist-slasher, pill popper, building jumper:

Since your all pumped up to end your life I suggest going about it a bit different first
First of all you are not alone(I'm not with you but someone is) so find a good size group of your fellow self-murderers and plan a trip together to end it all. Don't worry about paying for transportation because each of you will be walking to meet up. Your trying to kill yourself anyways so don't worry about dying from things like dehydration or getting murdered while walking thru a bad area. after you guys meet up take the night off and get some sleep then head to your final destination. I'd pick a tall building and make sure someone brings a cam that saids "send to Chronocalamity" on the side. Make sure you record all of it and I'll make sure it gets on the nightly news.

Or....you can suck it up like a real man and look for a way to fix your life so you don't have to cry about it on the internet.

There is a third option that I've been working on, If those 2 don't fit the bill for you.
I've been trying to put together a army of mindless idiots to do my bidding and since most suicidal people don't have any drive or direction I'm sure you wouldn't mind working for me, for free. Good news is room and board is included. We just might beable to put you folks back into the machine called society.
28515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 11/3/15

NyakoMayushii wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


NyakoMayushii wrote:

-plays the song Lean on Me-

To all of you out there who are struggling with depression/ suicide:

I'm right there with you.

I'm struggling with you too. I'm beating myself up daily, I'm crying daily, I'm begging God to end my life daily and screaming throughout every inch of my body that I'm tired and have no hope while keeping a stoic face or forcing smiles. Daily.

I'm lonely, have a hard time believing in people, have been hurt, betrayed, isolated , sexually assaulted, been left out, been left behind. I caught meningitis when I was 8 and lost my right ear, making connecting with people almost impossible often times.

My best advice for you, is to fight and obliterate the depression bit by bit. . Open up to peoople- does NOT have to be a therapist. (Google 7CupsOfTea) and talk to them about your feelings. It will help to stop hiding all of your feelings inside of you because it teaches you that other people do care and want to help you solve your problems- and you are NOT burdening them with their problems.

Find encouragement..-find it in anything you can.Reasons to keep walking and keep fighting that depression or whatever else may be causing suicidal thoughts. For me, I find hope and encouragement to keep living when practicing my hoby of writing stories, and singing FallOutBoy, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Owl City Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, or Nickleback songs.Oh and FUN's We Are Young is fun to sing. Ellie Goulding, Smash Mouth, and Green Day, just to list a few of the amazing artists out there. Also when I'm really pissed off: Courtesy Call by Thousand Foot Knox. Go to social events to meet folks and make friends, be as positive as you can to attract folks to you n, but don't pressure yourself, .

-pulls you in to a warm huggle- You are beautiful people and I love you salall. I'm really grateful I get to live here with all of you and talk and have fun with you.


I'm here trying to find out who Salall is.

Joking aside i know how you feel with some of that stuff as i have been left out left behind hurt and betrayed also.
If you ever need someone to talk to send me a message as it sucks being lonely.

Also curious how does losing your right ear make it impossible at times to connect with others curious is it because they are judgemental?
I have a hard tim following what is going on atround me because there is so much noise many tims, or people mumble/ whisper things and I only have one ear and a hearing aid to process it.

Also because of this I miss a lot of converstation and so conversations are very spotty. HArd to keep track of conversation too because of this.



That's no good......well look up you won't just have on ear forever if science keeps going at this rate! and even if it is difficult to communicate if your trying your best nothing else should matter
28515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 11/3/15 , edited 11/3/15

Chronocalamity wrote:

I absolutely love these threads, I get to see them on Facebook all the time.
Am I the only guys not trying to off himself on the internet? Life is not peachy but I wouldn't consider offing myself because of it.

My advice to the would be wrist-slasher, pill popper, building jumper:

Since your all pumped up to end your life I suggest going about it a bit different first
First of all you are not alone(I'm not with you but someone is) so find a good size group of your fellow self-murderers and plan a trip together to end it all. Don't worry about paying for transportation because each of you will be walking to meet up. Your trying to kill yourself anyways so don't worry about dying from things like dehydration or getting murdered while walking thru a bad area. after you guys meet up take the night off and get some sleep then head to your final destination. I'd pick a tall building and make sure someone brings a cam that saids "send to Chronocalamity" on the side. Make sure you record all of it and I'll make sure it gets on the nightly news.

Or....you can suck it up like a real man and look for a way to fix your life so you don't have to cry about it on the internet.

There is a third option that I've been working on, If those 2 don't fit the bill for you.
I've been trying to put together a army of mindless idiots to do my bidding and since most suicidal people don't have any drive or direction I'm sure you wouldn't mind working for me, for free. Good news is room and board is included. We just might beable to put you folks back into the machine called society.


"Or....you can suck it up like a real man and look for a way to fix your life so you don't have to cry about it on the internet."

Most of the problems that people have are stuff you can't just suck it up nor have fixes.
28515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 11/3/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


QuietlyLoud wrote:

I suffer from depression and honestly I hate therapy. Therapy doesn't help though, and neither does medication, so I'm basically screwed. I don't want people to tell me how to deal with depression, I just want to talk to somebody who understands. To be honest, that's what helps the most.


Try to find someone else who has depression and talk to them :o?


That's not good advice tbh.




Why i find it helps with my depression.

It helps to have someone who is also in the same state as yo to talk to.

That being said it's not always the same for everyone.
37394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / KY/USA
Offline
Posted 11/3/15 , edited 11/3/15

Ryulightorb wrote:



Most of the problems that people have are stuff you can't just suck it up nor have fixes.


Thats the biggest cop-out I've ever heard, Tell uncle chrono your problem and I'll tell you how to fix it. 90% of your problems can be fixed with your own 2 feet.
28515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 11/3/15 , edited 11/3/15

Chronocalamity wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:



Most of the problems that people have are stuff you can't just suck it up nor have fixes.


Thats the biggest cop-out I've ever heard, Tell uncle chrono your problem and I'll tell you how to fix it. 90% of your problems can be fixed with your own 2 feet.


It's not a cop-out its true alot of people have problems that can't be fixed.

For example one friend of mine her family doesn't care about her and despises her.

Not something you can fix and it's not something you can just "Suck it up" about.


Most things are fixable but it's not always the case that they are.
If everything was fixable 99% of us wouldn't be depressed or suicidal in the first place because we would have already have solved our problems.



My depression stems from my financial situation (something i can't help due to employment where i live) and a lack of friends in real life ( due to where i live) and being unable to move out of town.

Also the fact that i have disabilities that make my life terrible and are stuff i can't just fix or suck it up.

I have Aspergers which means i can't socialize properly and function differently and cope differently it's not something that can be fixed and to "Suck it up" is something i already do on a daily basis and i'm still depressed and have suicidal thoughts.

You can change a problem if it stems at you but when the problem is Society itself and the treatment of people who are like you there isn't much you can do.
27141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/3/15 , edited 11/3/15

Ryulightorb wrote:

Why i find it helps with my depression.

It helps to have someone who is also in the same state as yo to talk to.

That being said it's not always the same for everyone.


It 'helps' but it will never cure you. Just makes you feel validated to be depressed. It's temporary, and if anything, detrimental.



And after reading the above comment, case-and-point.


28515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 11/3/15 , edited 11/3/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Why i find it helps with my depression.

It helps to have someone who is also in the same state as yo to talk to.

That being said it's not always the same for everyone.


It 'helps' but it will never cure you. Just makes you feel validated to be depressed. It's temporary, and if anything, detrimental.



And after reading the above comment, case-and-point.




Well i never said it would cure depression.

but that being said talking to a non-depressed person isn't going to cure depression either they have no more chance of curing depression then the depressed person does.


Depression can only be "cured" when the problem goes away or one becomes numb to the problem....a normal person is going to be no less or more helpful then a depressed person when it comes to helping and trying to "cure" someone from being depressed.
27141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/3/15 , edited 11/3/15

Ryulightorb wrote:

Well i never said it would cure depression.

but that being said talking to a non-depressed person isn't going to cure depression either they have no more chance of curing depression then the depressed person does.


Right. The thing is, talking to other 'depressed' people just makes you feel validated in feeling that way. It might cheer you up, but only for it to happen again later. They'll 'comfort you' with the same pretty words they tell themselves---the same pretty words that keep them where they are.

--Believing it's okay to feel that way. It's impossible to change. It's not your fault. Etc.

They soothe and help grow the very mindset you shouldn't have. It's terrible advice.




Ryulightorb wrote:
Depression can only be "cured" when the problem goes away or one becomes numb to the problem....a normal person is going to be no less or more helpful then a depressed person when it comes to helping and trying to "cure" someone from being depressed.


Bullshit. You're flat out wrong. Been there and back, that is not how it works.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.