Post Reply Roku Problems
justcj 
40034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F
Offline
Posted 11/3/15
Hello,

I have some buffering issues ONLY with the CR app for the Roku. When I want to watch any show in crunchy roll queue, I usually have to pause the show for at least 15 minutes to watch only 5 minutes worth. What has made CR do this? (I did liked your previous system). All my other apps on my Roku play fine; no buffering issues. I have bought into the Funimiation app and found it has better controls and no buffering issues. Crunchy Roll have all the programs I like to watch, but has buffering issues.

I want to watch a show, but I know it will take me well over an hour to watch a 30 min show.
One Punch Mod
85789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 11/3/15 , edited 11/3/15

justcj wrote:

Hello,

I have some buffering issues ONLY with the CR app for the Roku. When I want to watch any show in crunchy roll queue, I usually have to pause the show for at least 15 minutes to watch only 5 minutes worth. What has made CR do this? (I did liked your previous system). All my other apps on my Roku play fine; no buffering issues. I have bought into the Funimiation app and found it has better controls and no buffering issues. Crunchy Roll have all the programs I like to watch, but has buffering issues.

I want to watch a show, but I know it will take me well over an hour to watch a 30 min show. :tears:


I've moved this to the Roku help forum, but I don't know what to say about your issue. Crunchyroll works find on my Roku (I currently use a Roku stick, but previously used the really old original Roku for a long time, and also never had buffering issues with that.)
9275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/4/15

lorreen wrote:


justcj wrote:

Hello,

I have some buffering issues ONLY with the CR app for the Roku. When I want to watch any show in crunchy roll queue, I usually have to pause the show for at least 15 minutes to watch only 5 minutes worth. What has made CR do this? (I did liked your previous system). All my other apps on my Roku play fine; no buffering issues. I have bought into the Funimiation app and found it has better controls and no buffering issues. Crunchy Roll have all the programs I like to watch, but has buffering issues.

I want to watch a show, but I know it will take me well over an hour to watch a 30 min show. :tears:


I've moved this to the Roku help forum, but I don't know what to say about your issue. Crunchyroll works find on my Roku (I currently use a Roku stick, but previously used the really old original Roku for a long time, and also never had buffering issues with that.)


dont want to hijack his thread but quick question i think im have roku #2 it works fine other then it has to be next to wifi is the stick better and can it be used further away from the router?
42630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/4/15

1youlove2hate wrote:
dont want to hijack his thread but quick question i think im have roku #2 it works fine other then it has to be next to wifi is the stick better and can it be used further away from the router?


While the stick does provide a lower cost option, in either CPU or Memory, it isn't as powerful as the 3, which also can be hard-wired with a cat-5 ethernet connection instead of being only wireless, plus having a headphone jack in the remote for private listening. The stick can't do any of that. It is just a basic low-frills option.

I don't have access to a 4 (yet) to try that out, but presumably that has even more CPU and Memory than the 3.

Roku smart TVs have stick technology built in, and while it seems to work OK if you place a wireless source close by, it isn't as smooth as the 3.

So to answer your question, buying a stick to replace a 2 doesn't seem to be worth it to me...
The Wise Wizard
99871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 11/5/15

asharka wrote:

I don't have access to a 4 (yet) to try that out, but presumably that has even more CPU and Memory than the 3.

I don't know about memory, but the Roku 4 does have a quad core CPU vs. the dual core in the 3.



For the curious:
Roku 3 teardown info

Sorry, no teardown of the Roku 4 yet (at least that I could find).

You must be logged in to post.