First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply It wasn’t worth it, says 103-year-old vegetarian
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/4/15 , edited 11/9/15

lambofgenesis

Well no, eating meat, whether cooked, raw, or overcooked has been linked to causing cancer and other diseases. So yes vegetarians who get their protein are better off than people who eat meat.


Yeah yeah, the whole "can cause this or that" argument. Save it. Genetics play just as much of a role into a life as much as "eating right" does. Seen plenty of vegetarians that die from a heart attack or get a disease anyways. Likewise I've seen those who eat like most people and are perfectly fine as well.

At the end of the day, being a vegetarian isn't going to ensure them anything. The most you can do with the argument is you "may or may not" be healthier/feel better. That's about it.

For me personally though, I wouldn't want to extend my life to the point I'm a living vegetable. I'm not going to knock any persons choices in life though.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/15 , edited 11/4/15

dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

Fourteen sausages though...

Honestly though, after having gone vegetarian for 3 days straight recently, "tasty food" is a drug. Your body craves it, but if you detox yourself, your body won't even look for it...

I think the proper medium is... be vegetarian, avoid processed foods, and once a week, treat yourself to a meat/junk food dinner like pizza or steak or something like that.


Or just... you know... cook things properly, don't eat fast food, eat too much of a single type of food group, exercise to some extent.

You can eat meat every day along with all the other important food groups and as long as you're preparing things as they should be the vegetarian next to you isn't going to be any better off.

I get what you're saying though.


Well no, eating meat, whether cooked, raw, or overcooked has been linked to causing cancer and other diseases. So yes vegetarians who get their protein are better off than people who eat meat.


Yeah yeah, the whole "can cause this or that" argument. Save it. Genetics play just as much of a role into a life as much as "eating right" does. Seen plenty of vegetarians that die from a heart attack or get a disease anyways. Likewise I've seen those who eat like most people and are perfectly fine as well.

At the end of the day, being a vegetarian isn't going to ensure them anything. The most you can do with the argument is you "may or may not" be healthier/feel better. That's about it.

For me personally though, I wouldn't want to extend my life to the point I'm a living vegetable. I'm not going to knock any persons choices in life though.


Well what you say is true... but I sorta am iffy about the genetics reasoning. I mean, that's like saying, some smokers get cancer, some don't, it's genetics, so we should all smoke anyway.

But I mean, studies show that vegetarians live less than 10 years longer than people who eat meat. So it's not that significant a difference. I'm still too young to say for sure, but idk, I'd rather eat meat than live 6 years longer ^_^
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 11/4/15
A lot of people in my family have lived to an incredibly old age and have eaten huge amounts of meat throughout their life. It's possible he would have lived to this age even if he had eaten meat.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/4/15 , edited 11/4/15

lambofgenesis

Well what you say is true... but I sorta am iffy about the genetics reasoning. I mean, that's like saying, some smokers get cancer, some don't, it's genetics, so we should all smoke anyway.

But I mean, studies show that vegetarians live less than 10 years longer than people who eat meat. So it's not that significant a difference. I'm still too young to say for sure, but idk, I'd rather eat meat than live 6 years longer ^_^


Meat definitely > 6 years longer. I'm not too crazy about meat myself, but I'm not going to deny myself such a nice thing. I usually eat meat 3-4 times a week. (mostly because I'd rather not cook every night) All of the males in my family though have lived to be 85+ and the majority of them eat like a typical American. A good set of genes and some exercise > vegetarian any day imo.

52844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/15
I just had steak at Road house Steak House, man it was good! I'm not people person and there was lot of people over there.. But willing to go just for the Steak! Yes it worth it for those who are not liking to be around people.. especially this many! XD
59992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 11/4/15 , edited 11/4/15

mlchanges wrote:

If a steak is cooked right you don't need teeth....


yea but it's no fun if you can't mash the juicy piece of meat between your teeth. the mastication of it is so delicious, so juicy, and it just melts in your mouth as you masticate the extremely delicious perfection while you salvate gobs of saliva to help the mastication go smoothly.
59992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 11/4/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

Fourteen sausages though...

Honestly though, after having gone vegetarian for 3 days straight recently, "tasty food" is a drug. Your body craves it, but if you detox yourself, your body won't even look for it...

I think the proper medium is... be vegetarian, avoid processed foods, and once a week, treat yourself to a meat/junk food dinner like pizza or steak or something like that.


Or just... you know... cook things properly, don't eat fast food, eat too much of a single type of food group, exercise to some extent.

You can eat meat every day along with all the other important food groups and as long as you're preparing things as they should be the vegetarian next to you isn't going to be any better off.

I get what you're saying though.


Well no, eating meat, whether cooked, raw, or overcooked has been linked to causing cancer and other diseases. So yes vegetarians who get their protein are better off than people who eat meat.


Yeah yeah, the whole "can cause this or that" argument. Save it. Genetics play just as much of a role into a life as much as "eating right" does. Seen plenty of vegetarians that die from a heart attack or get a disease anyways. Likewise I've seen those who eat like most people and are perfectly fine as well.

At the end of the day, being a vegetarian isn't going to ensure them anything. The most you can do with the argument is you "may or may not" be healthier/feel better. That's about it.

For me personally though, I wouldn't want to extend my life to the point I'm a living vegetable. I'm not going to knock any persons choices in life though.


Well what you say is true... but I sorta am iffy about the genetics reasoning. I mean, that's like saying, some smokers get cancer, some don't, it's genetics, so we should all smoke anyway.

But I mean, studies show that vegetarians live less than 10 years longer than people who eat meat. So it's not that significant a difference. I'm still too young to say for sure, but idk, I'd rather eat meat than live 6 years longer ^_^


and then bam the vegans slap you with that old well what about the animal? it has feelings too...... they can be happy and live free as well ( where a bear or a wolf might get to it and rip it to shreds)
well some of us pray and thank that poor fucking soul that let us live without starving....
I do agree with the whole industrial scale of things being fucked up and organic meat tastes 10 times better then the processed shit you buy in the supermarket.
vegans have one thing right, the processed shit is horrible for you, naturally fed and organic meat isn't so bad for you... and it tastes better.
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 11/4/15

stoner789 wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

Fourteen sausages though...

Honestly though, after having gone vegetarian for 3 days straight recently, "tasty food" is a drug. Your body craves it, but if you detox yourself, your body won't even look for it...

I think the proper medium is... be vegetarian, avoid processed foods, and once a week, treat yourself to a meat/junk food dinner like pizza or steak or something like that.


Or just... you know... cook things properly, don't eat fast food, eat too much of a single type of food group, exercise to some extent.

You can eat meat every day along with all the other important food groups and as long as you're preparing things as they should be the vegetarian next to you isn't going to be any better off.

I get what you're saying though.


Well no, eating meat, whether cooked, raw, or overcooked has been linked to causing cancer and other diseases. So yes vegetarians who get their protein are better off than people who eat meat.


Yeah yeah, the whole "can cause this or that" argument. Save it. Genetics play just as much of a role into a life as much as "eating right" does. Seen plenty of vegetarians that die from a heart attack or get a disease anyways. Likewise I've seen those who eat like most people and are perfectly fine as well.

At the end of the day, being a vegetarian isn't going to ensure them anything. The most you can do with the argument is you "may or may not" be healthier/feel better. That's about it.

For me personally though, I wouldn't want to extend my life to the point I'm a living vegetable. I'm not going to knock any persons choices in life though.


Well what you say is true... but I sorta am iffy about the genetics reasoning. I mean, that's like saying, some smokers get cancer, some don't, it's genetics, so we should all smoke anyway.

But I mean, studies show that vegetarians live less than 10 years longer than people who eat meat. So it's not that significant a difference. I'm still too young to say for sure, but idk, I'd rather eat meat than live 6 years longer ^_^


and then bam the vegans slap you with that old well what about the animal? it has feelings too...... they can be happy and live free as well ( where a bear or a wolf might get to it and rip it to shreds)
well some of us pray and thank that poor fucking soul that let us live without starving....
I do agree with the whole industrial scale of things being fucked up and organic meat tastes 10 times better then the processed shit you buy in the supermarket.
vegans have one thing right, the processed shit is horrible for you, naturally fed and organic meat isn't so bad for you... and it tastes better.

If I had the money I would buy only Kosher meat. The Jews are very dedicated to making sure animals do not suffer and don't know they are going to die. So they can live happily then one day become meat without knowing or feeling it.

I typically eat chicken/turkey/fish and rarely eat beef. It just tastes better for some reason. Deer is also amazing if you can get your hands on some.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/15

stoner789 wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

Fourteen sausages though...

Honestly though, after having gone vegetarian for 3 days straight recently, "tasty food" is a drug. Your body craves it, but if you detox yourself, your body won't even look for it...

I think the proper medium is... be vegetarian, avoid processed foods, and once a week, treat yourself to a meat/junk food dinner like pizza or steak or something like that.


Or just... you know... cook things properly, don't eat fast food, eat too much of a single type of food group, exercise to some extent.

You can eat meat every day along with all the other important food groups and as long as you're preparing things as they should be the vegetarian next to you isn't going to be any better off.

I get what you're saying though.


Well no, eating meat, whether cooked, raw, or overcooked has been linked to causing cancer and other diseases. So yes vegetarians who get their protein are better off than people who eat meat.


Yeah yeah, the whole "can cause this or that" argument. Save it. Genetics play just as much of a role into a life as much as "eating right" does. Seen plenty of vegetarians that die from a heart attack or get a disease anyways. Likewise I've seen those who eat like most people and are perfectly fine as well.

At the end of the day, being a vegetarian isn't going to ensure them anything. The most you can do with the argument is you "may or may not" be healthier/feel better. That's about it.

For me personally though, I wouldn't want to extend my life to the point I'm a living vegetable. I'm not going to knock any persons choices in life though.


Well what you say is true... but I sorta am iffy about the genetics reasoning. I mean, that's like saying, some smokers get cancer, some don't, it's genetics, so we should all smoke anyway.

But I mean, studies show that vegetarians live less than 10 years longer than people who eat meat. So it's not that significant a difference. I'm still too young to say for sure, but idk, I'd rather eat meat than live 6 years longer ^_^


and then bam the vegans slap you with that old well what about the animal? it has feelings too...... they can be happy and live free as well ( where a bear or a wolf might get to it and rip it to shreds)
well some of us pray and thank that poor fucking soul that let us live without starving....
I do agree with the whole industrial scale of things being fucked up and organic meat tastes 10 times better then the processed shit you buy in the supermarket.
vegans have one thing right, the processed shit is horrible for you, naturally fed and organic meat isn't so bad for you... and it tastes better.


I'm not too into vegans tho -_-. Idk, they're actually sacrificing their health for politics imho. Honey is healthy for you, but they won't eat it because bees made it.

16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 11/4/15 , edited 11/4/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


stoner789 wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

Fourteen sausages though...

Honestly though, after having gone vegetarian for 3 days straight recently, "tasty food" is a drug. Your body craves it, but if you detox yourself, your body won't even look for it...

I think the proper medium is... be vegetarian, avoid processed foods, and once a week, treat yourself to a meat/junk food dinner like pizza or steak or something like that.


Or just... you know... cook things properly, don't eat fast food, eat too much of a single type of food group, exercise to some extent.

You can eat meat every day along with all the other important food groups and as long as you're preparing things as they should be the vegetarian next to you isn't going to be any better off.

I get what you're saying though.


Well no, eating meat, whether cooked, raw, or overcooked has been linked to causing cancer and other diseases. So yes vegetarians who get their protein are better off than people who eat meat.


Yeah yeah, the whole "can cause this or that" argument. Save it. Genetics play just as much of a role into a life as much as "eating right" does. Seen plenty of vegetarians that die from a heart attack or get a disease anyways. Likewise I've seen those who eat like most people and are perfectly fine as well.

At the end of the day, being a vegetarian isn't going to ensure them anything. The most you can do with the argument is you "may or may not" be healthier/feel better. That's about it.

For me personally though, I wouldn't want to extend my life to the point I'm a living vegetable. I'm not going to knock any persons choices in life though.


Well what you say is true... but I sorta am iffy about the genetics reasoning. I mean, that's like saying, some smokers get cancer, some don't, it's genetics, so we should all smoke anyway.

But I mean, studies show that vegetarians live less than 10 years longer than people who eat meat. So it's not that significant a difference. I'm still too young to say for sure, but idk, I'd rather eat meat than live 6 years longer ^_^


and then bam the vegans slap you with that old well what about the animal? it has feelings too...... they can be happy and live free as well ( where a bear or a wolf might get to it and rip it to shreds)
well some of us pray and thank that poor fucking soul that let us live without starving....
I do agree with the whole industrial scale of things being fucked up and organic meat tastes 10 times better then the processed shit you buy in the supermarket.
vegans have one thing right, the processed shit is horrible for you, naturally fed and organic meat isn't so bad for you... and it tastes better.


I'm not too into vegans tho -_-. Idk, they're actually sacrificing their health for politics imho. Honey is healthy for you, but they won't eat it because bees made it.



Not to mention that humans give them homes, food, and water. All we ask in return is they give us some honey. The bees got it made, we even save them time by driving them to pollination locations.
reinux 
8264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 11/4/15 , edited 11/6/15
By the way, thedailymash is a satire site.
41649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/4/15
59992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 11/4/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


stoner789 wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

Fourteen sausages though...

Honestly though, after having gone vegetarian for 3 days straight recently, "tasty food" is a drug. Your body craves it, but if you detox yourself, your body won't even look for it...

I think the proper medium is... be vegetarian, avoid processed foods, and once a week, treat yourself to a meat/junk food dinner like pizza or steak or something like that.


Or just... you know... cook things properly, don't eat fast food, eat too much of a single type of food group, exercise to some extent.

You can eat meat every day along with all the other important food groups and as long as you're preparing things as they should be the vegetarian next to you isn't going to be any better off.

I get what you're saying though.


Well no, eating meat, whether cooked, raw, or overcooked has been linked to causing cancer and other diseases. So yes vegetarians who get their protein are better off than people who eat meat.


Yeah yeah, the whole "can cause this or that" argument. Save it. Genetics play just as much of a role into a life as much as "eating right" does. Seen plenty of vegetarians that die from a heart attack or get a disease anyways. Likewise I've seen those who eat like most people and are perfectly fine as well.

At the end of the day, being a vegetarian isn't going to ensure them anything. The most you can do with the argument is you "may or may not" be healthier/feel better. That's about it.

For me personally though, I wouldn't want to extend my life to the point I'm a living vegetable. I'm not going to knock any persons choices in life though.


Well what you say is true... but I sorta am iffy about the genetics reasoning. I mean, that's like saying, some smokers get cancer, some don't, it's genetics, so we should all smoke anyway.

But I mean, studies show that vegetarians live less than 10 years longer than people who eat meat. So it's not that significant a difference. I'm still too young to say for sure, but idk, I'd rather eat meat than live 6 years longer ^_^


and then bam the vegans slap you with that old well what about the animal? it has feelings too...... they can be happy and live free as well ( where a bear or a wolf might get to it and rip it to shreds)
well some of us pray and thank that poor fucking soul that let us live without starving....
I do agree with the whole industrial scale of things being fucked up and organic meat tastes 10 times better then the processed shit you buy in the supermarket.
vegans have one thing right, the processed shit is horrible for you, naturally fed and organic meat isn't so bad for you... and it tastes better.


I'm not too into vegans tho -_-. Idk, they're actually sacrificing their health for politics imho. Honey is healthy for you, but they won't eat it because bees made it.



depends on how extreme the vegan is i guess, i didn't even think about the honey thing to be honest, i always see them posting about meat, and yes industrial farming of cows and pigs is pretty fucked up, I can't stop it but I can stop buying industrial products and buy stuff that tastes better and is more real and nutritious. The thing they don't seem to see is that you can still eat meat and be healthy about it if you buy the right stuff or actually hunt for your own stuff. Some really messed up stuff goes on but that doesn't mean we are all participating in it. Some people just don't realize how bad some of the stuff they buy for them is.
I'm not vegan, yes I care for animals, but that doesn't mean i'm gonna stop eating meat, if I can and when I have the money I will buy the better more naturally raised stuff, was that naturally raised animal happier? probably. guess I'm just insensitive and want the real food not the fake industrial stuff that they feed loads of corn to.
59992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 11/4/15


oh my god perfection, marry me ( joke joke on the marry me part, never even had a girlfriend...) *ahem* anyways keep doing what your doing ...
59992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 11/4/15

Rujikin wrote:


stoner789 wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

Fourteen sausages though...

Honestly though, after having gone vegetarian for 3 days straight recently, "tasty food" is a drug. Your body craves it, but if you detox yourself, your body won't even look for it...

I think the proper medium is... be vegetarian, avoid processed foods, and once a week, treat yourself to a meat/junk food dinner like pizza or steak or something like that.


Or just... you know... cook things properly, don't eat fast food, eat too much of a single type of food group, exercise to some extent.

You can eat meat every day along with all the other important food groups and as long as you're preparing things as they should be the vegetarian next to you isn't going to be any better off.

I get what you're saying though.


Well no, eating meat, whether cooked, raw, or overcooked has been linked to causing cancer and other diseases. So yes vegetarians who get their protein are better off than people who eat meat.


Yeah yeah, the whole "can cause this or that" argument. Save it. Genetics play just as much of a role into a life as much as "eating right" does. Seen plenty of vegetarians that die from a heart attack or get a disease anyways. Likewise I've seen those who eat like most people and are perfectly fine as well.

At the end of the day, being a vegetarian isn't going to ensure them anything. The most you can do with the argument is you "may or may not" be healthier/feel better. That's about it.

For me personally though, I wouldn't want to extend my life to the point I'm a living vegetable. I'm not going to knock any persons choices in life though.


Well what you say is true... but I sorta am iffy about the genetics reasoning. I mean, that's like saying, some smokers get cancer, some don't, it's genetics, so we should all smoke anyway.

But I mean, studies show that vegetarians live less than 10 years longer than people who eat meat. So it's not that significant a difference. I'm still too young to say for sure, but idk, I'd rather eat meat than live 6 years longer ^_^


and then bam the vegans slap you with that old well what about the animal? it has feelings too...... they can be happy and live free as well ( where a bear or a wolf might get to it and rip it to shreds)
well some of us pray and thank that poor fucking soul that let us live without starving....
I do agree with the whole industrial scale of things being fucked up and organic meat tastes 10 times better then the processed shit you buy in the supermarket.
vegans have one thing right, the processed shit is horrible for you, naturally fed and organic meat isn't so bad for you... and it tastes better.

If I had the money I would buy only Kosher meat. The Jews are very dedicated to making sure animals do not suffer and don't know they are going to die. So they can live happily then one day become meat without knowing or feeling it.

I typically eat chicken/turkey/fish and rarely eat beef. It just tastes better for some reason. Deer is also amazing if you can get your hands on some.


nah I don't think i've had deer but i'm sure moose and caribou is equally as good.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.