Created by jtjumper
Post Reply Most irritating conspiracy/fringe theory
12636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/4/15
What is the most irritating conspiracy/fringe theory you've encountered on the internet or in real life?
(It has to be a conspiracy theory, or famous fringe science. Philosophies or metaphysical systems you disagree with don't count.)
48485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 11/4/15
Flat earth. In this day and age, there are some who believe the earth is flat.
9528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 11/4/15 , edited 11/4/15
I personally like the dihydrogen monoxide or the DHMO conspiracy.

But I have got in a one sided argument with a colleague who, after watching a history program was convinced the flat earth thing was real because the space shuttle turns as its taking off as if to avoid a Dome and some other BS. and try as I may (physics not my strong point but thermodynamics all over that)^^

Face palm it turns Because Its freak en Round! its ground speed has to be so fast to create significant centripetal force as to not be pulled back by gravity.... centripetal force...Like a wheel....

next im going to bring up Anatoxin-a and ask if its in his water XD but Anatoxin's are SO~~O good for you!

(a microbiologist is going to loose there shit on that last joke)

3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 11/4/15
Anti-vaccine conspiracy theories are probably the most harmful out of all the options whilst simultaneously ignoring all scientific evidence, so I'll go with that.
9776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/8/15
Flat Earth has my vote.

No clue who Dan Brown is, and I don't care to know.

Anti-vaccine has me on the fence, because alot of people seem to think we absolutely cannot survive without them. I think we're heavy-handed with pushing vaccines.

I'm not terribly interested in 911 conspiracies, but I wouldn't be surprised if something else went on. Not necessarily what's rumored, though.

Fake moon landings; I consider this one a waste of time.





41649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/7/15


I actually think anti vaxxers are most annoying, but then again, hey, everyone deserves a good meme too.
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/7/15
The vaccine thing mostly because of the autism thing. It's annoying when people harp on about autism like you can get it like you get aids. Doesn't take a genius to work out it's genetic.
2483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/7/15
All of them...
776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Cleveland, OH
Offline
Posted 11/7/15
Anti-vaxx, because it's the only conspiracy theory on that list that could potentially hurt people.

I love hearing nutters go off about Waco too.
Posted 11/9/15

aeb0717 wrote:

Flat Earth has my vote.

No clue who Dan Brown is, and I don't care to know.

Anti-vaccine has me on the fence, because alot of people seem to think we absolutely cannot survive without them. I think we're heavy-handed with pushing vaccines.

I'm not terribly interested in 911 conspiracies, but I wouldn't be surprised if something else went on. Not necessarily what's rumored, though.

Fake moon landings; I consider this one a waste of time.







Isn't it absurd that people treat autism like it's worst than polio?
Posted 11/9/15
Moon landing
9776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 11/9/15 , edited 11/9/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Isn't it absurd that people treat autism like it's worst than polio?


Is that an indirect criticism of my position on vaccines? If so, then I announce that I'm not feeling energetic enough to make this interesting.
Posted 11/9/15 , edited 11/9/15

aeb0717 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Isn't it absurd that people treat autism like it's worst than polio?


Is that an indirect criticism of my position on vaccines? If so, then I announce that I'm not feeling energetic enough to make this interesting.


I'm trying to incite a reaction out of you. I think anti vacciner are winning the thread so far and I find your lack of giving a care disturbing. :/

Not to mention vaccines are potentially life saving if enough people are vaccinated.
9776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 11/9/15 , edited 11/9/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I'm trying to incite a reaction out of you. I think anti vacciner are winning the thread so far and I find your lack of giving a care disturbing. :/

Not to mention vaccines are potentially life saving if enough people are vaccinated.


I know of the benefits, but I disagree with depending on vaccines so much. I'm concerned that overuse may eventually inhibit or weaken our natural ability to develope gradual immunity to viruses and disease.

Anyway, I'm not very good at stirring up malicious emotions over what I consider trifle matters. I'm not feeling too hot today, anyway. Dehydration.
4066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 11/21/15
I'm a cynical physics major, so I'm definitely going to have to say string theory
You must be logged in to post.