First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Makeup Talk
Posted 11/5/15
oh makeup! I don't wear it often as to give my face a break. But I love doing my eye makeup! But when im too lazy I just wear foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and powder..... Sadly my makeup skills are okay. Im trying out new foundation because my skin gets dry when I put foundation and it creases so easily. I heard of this new trend called baking? o.o but yeah, too much effort xD
Posted 11/5/15
I fucked up and bought liquid eyeliner once and my roommate walked by the bathroom and asked me why I was squinting. I threw my shoe at him. I don't normally wear eyeshadow but for eyeliner I prefer to use waterproof. One time I didn't and cried and wiped my face and made a really big mess that no one mentioned to me so I walked around like a clown for an hour until a coworker told me I should go clean up. :/
7253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / "10/10" - IGN
Offline
Posted 11/5/15
Wait a minute guys!
Make up is kind of like... war paint... but instead of becoming fearsome looking and hard to see, you become more beautiful and easier to spot?
I'd totally be down to wear make up, except that I feel like it's socially unacceptable for men to wear make up, unless they're gay.
So sad!
Only girls get to be pretty... *sobbing*
10587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 11/5/15

Insanerino wrote:

Wait a minute guys!
Make up is kind of like... war paint... but instead of becoming fearsome looking and hard to see, you become more beautiful and easier to spot?
I'd totally be down to wear make up, except that I feel like it's socially unacceptable for men to wear make up, unless they're gay.
So sad!
Only girls get to be pretty... *sobbing*



PruBenAzul wrote:
Then do it Don't let you being a guy hold you back. Heck, if you don't want to go out in public...find a close female friend and have fun at her place with makeup and stuff. Guys have really great foundations for putting on makeup, and I've done it for my guy friends before.

4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 11/5/15
I may be that odd man out, but for the most part I am more for the natural beauty. Makeup that converts someone to someone else just screams fake to me.

Some of the prettiest girls I have known didn't use makeup. I think I am in the minority there though. That may come from my time in Europe. Most of the girls I saw there wore much less if any makeup.

Oh well, rant over.
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 11/5/15

the-komplicated-girl wrote:

oh makeup! I don't wear it often as to give my face a break. But I love doing my eye makeup! But when im too lazy I just wear foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and powder..... Sadly my makeup skills are okay. Im trying out new foundation because my skin gets dry when I put foundation and it creases so easily. I heard of this new trend called baking? o.o but yeah, too much effort xD


I used to have that problem too! I have combination skin, so I get the worst of both worlds T_T When I lived in the desert, my face favored being super dry. And now that I'm in Florida, it favors shiny.

I'm the queen of lazy foundation. Lol For me, I use Neutrogena daily moisturizer (I love this stuff....also good on sunburns fyi) http://www.neutrogena.com/product/oil-free+moisture+-+combination+skin.do?sortby=ourPicks and then I use a BB cream by maybelline (least amount of shine, and doesn't flake) http://www.maybelline.com/Products/face-makeup/BB-Cream/Dream-Pure-BB.aspx Finally, I top off with Neutrogena powder (healthy, controls shine) http://www.neutrogena.com/product/skinclearing+mineral+powder.do

Hope that helps somewhat
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 11/5/15

bri-kun_kee-chan wrote:

I fucked up and bought liquid eyeliner once and my roommate walked by the bathroom and asked me why I was squinting. I threw my shoe at him. I don't normally wear eyeshadow but for eyeliner I prefer to use waterproof. One time I didn't and cried and wiped my face and made a really big mess that no one mentioned to me so I walked around like a clown for an hour until a coworker told me I should go clean up. :/


XD XD XD liquid liner is DOOM.
4551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 11/5/15
and here I am thinking makeup talk is talking to your s/o after a fight lol.

anyways, I have zero knowledge on makeup.
41641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/5/15 , edited 11/5/15
Whenever I wear eye makeup, wearing it for a prolonged period tends to irritate my eyes too. I think it just has to do with the fact that I have sensitive eyes. I also blink a lot when applying my makeup and it ends up smeared due to what seems to be my literal inability to stop my eyes from responding. That means a lot of do overs, which is why I don't wear eye makeup a lot. As much as I love how it looks, my application is terrible due to the response I have to just… the feeling of my eye being touched. Even when my sister has done my makeup she's complained about my eyes moving too much.
Posted 11/5/15

PruBenAzul wrote:


bri-kun_kee-chan wrote:

I fucked up and bought liquid eyeliner once and my roommate walked by the bathroom and asked me why I was squinting. I threw my shoe at him. I don't normally wear eyeshadow but for eyeliner I prefer to use waterproof. One time I didn't and cried and wiped my face and made a really big mess that no one mentioned to me so I walked around like a clown for an hour until a coworker told me I should go clean up. :/


XD XD XD liquid liner is DOOM.


Lesson learned the most painful way. NO ONE SAID IT WOULD MAKE MY EYES SUPER ITCHY.
6088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 11/5/15

I'm the same. I never do a full face. It takes enough restraint for me not to touch my eyes, so I only opt for eye make-up. Fuck all that foundation / highlighting / contouring junk. I use sephora brand, rimmel, or physician's formula for eyeliner. I always use sigma primers under bronze / gold eye shadow. Lately I've been using sigma's unveil:

4458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
n/a
Offline
Posted 11/6/15
I honestly try very hard to appreciate woman who put on make up.. because I know it takes time to put on... but I honestly don't care if it's on or not... in fact wouldn't it be smarter to try to take care of your natural face skin and condition people to like your natural face? And there's the topic of "natural-look_ make up THAT takes even longer to do!.....

I understand for cosplay you will have to do the eye make up .. and such.. but on going everyday... i really don't see the point.
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 11/6/15
Up to about a few months ago I hated wearing make up. It used to make my face feel dirty and clogged, but since then I changed primers and I no longer have that issue. Since I no longer have those problems I actually like to wear daily foundation to cover up my acne. Only sometimes I do a fully face.

Mainly I go to Sephora for my beauty products for the variety. Drug store products are way too hit and miss for me, so I just avoid it. As expensive as Ulta is I find a lot of their stuff to not meet up to high end make up.
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 11/6/15

bri-kun_kee-chan wrote:


PruBenAzul wrote:


bri-kun_kee-chan wrote:

I fucked up and bought liquid eyeliner once and my roommate walked by the bathroom and asked me why I was squinting. I threw my shoe at him. I don't normally wear eyeshadow but for eyeliner I prefer to use waterproof. One time I didn't and cried and wiped my face and made a really big mess that no one mentioned to me so I walked around like a clown for an hour until a coworker told me I should go clean up. :/


XD XD XD liquid liner is DOOM.


Lesson learned the most painful way. NO ONE SAID IT WOULD MAKE MY EYES SUPER ITCHY.


Right!? And then you're just sitting there like "must resist the urge to scratch eyes out.."
17179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/6/15
It's fun watching other people apply makeup, the before than after is a cool process. It's such a pain though, I had to go through like ten lipsticks just to find the perfect nude shade for my skin....which btw I'm running out of ughhhh
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.