First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply How to update a computer's driver.
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15
So like, basically, im having problems with a game I play and a suggestion to fix this was update my driver, and i've heard this is an important thing to do or something, and like, I looked it up and it seems complicated and like theres alot at risk or something... So my question how... can I update it and like, can someone explain what it actually does.

Thanks in advance.
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15
My computer is a windows 8, I forgot to mention
2622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15

ILuvCats11 wrote:

So like, basically, im having problems with a game I play and a suggestion to fix this was update my driver, and i've heard this is an important thing to do or something, and like, I looked it up and it seems complicated and like theres alot at risk or something... So my question how... can I update it and like, can someone explain what it actually does.

Thanks in advance.


what gpu do you have? it's not risky or complicated. just go to the web site for you gpu (example: i have a gtx 660 so i would go to nvidia web site and just download the latest driver.) that's it really Hope i helped you
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15

iambetterthanyou wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

So like, basically, im having problems with a game I play and a suggestion to fix this was update my driver, and i've heard this is an important thing to do or something, and like, I looked it up and it seems complicated and like theres alot at risk or something... So my question how... can I update it and like, can someone explain what it actually does.

Thanks in advance.


what gpu do you have? it's not risky or complicated. just go to the web site for you gpu (example: i have a gtx 660 so i would go to nvidia web site and just download the latest driver.) that's it really Hope i helped you


Um, I basically know nothing about this gpu or gtx 660 o nvidia thing lol... um, could you like, dumb it down I really dont understand xD
Posted 11/6/15
Go to device manager.
Right click things
Click check for driver updates
check for driver updates online.
2622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15

ILuvCats11 wrote:


iambetterthanyou wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

So like, basically, im having problems with a game I play and a suggestion to fix this was update my driver, and i've heard this is an important thing to do or something, and like, I looked it up and it seems complicated and like theres alot at risk or something... So my question how... can I update it and like, can someone explain what it actually does.

Thanks in advance.


what gpu do you have? it's not risky or complicated. just go to the web site for you gpu (example: i have a gtx 660 so i would go to nvidia web site and just download the latest driver.) that's it really Hope i helped you


Um, I basically know nothing about this gpu or gtx 660 o nvidia thing lol... um, could you like, dumb it down I really dont understand xD


did you build your pc? gpu is graphics processing unit and gtx 660 is just the name of a video card (gpu) and nvidia is the company that makes those video cards.
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/6/15 , edited 11/6/15
Yeah go to device manager see what your GPU is or use a great free software called "speccie" then go to the manufacturer web site and get the new drivers.
Or, if your graphics card (GPU) is Nvidia , you could downlaod Nvidia gefore experience and that dose it for you.
Or download driver booster and that will also.
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:

Yeah go to device manager see what your GPU is or use a great free software called "speccie" then go to the manufacturer web site and get the new drivers.
Or, if your graphics card (GPU) is Nvidia , you could downlaod Nvidia gefore experience and that dose it for you.
Or download driver booster and that will also.


How do I find my GPU, xD
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15 , edited 11/6/15
Go to start.
In search, type Device Manager, open it
Double click on Display Adapers
right click on the card that appears and select Update Driver Software.

If that does not work (sometimes windows cannot find it the driver)
Type the card's name from the list into google followed by Driver
Go to the Manufacturer's website and locate your driver. There should be a download option there.
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15 , edited 11/6/15

iambetterthanyou wrote:

did you build your pc? gpu is graphics processing unit and gtx 660 is just the name of a video card (gpu) and nvidia is the company that makes those video cards.


No my parents bought this pc, so like, I should go onto a nvidia website or something?
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15

MightyMidgit wrote:

Go to start.
In search, type Device Manager, open it
Double click on Display Adapers
right click on the card that appears and select Update Driver Software.

If that does not work (sometimes windows cannot find it the driver)
Type the card's name from the list into google followed by Driver
Go to the Manufacturer's website and locate your driver. There should be a download option there.


Ok thanks, i've found the page for it but im not entirely sure what to do, should I upload a screenshot for you or will that reveal personal information to my PC or something?
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/6/15 , edited 11/6/15
Yeah if you got an gtx 660 just go to the Nvidia website and get the drivers for 660 cards. check the dates of release.
EDIT: the drivers should be for the whole 600 series not just the 660. A screen shot wont reveal any important/private information.
2622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15 , edited 11/6/15

ILuvCats11 wrote:

No my parents bought this pc, so like, I should go onto a nvidia website or something?


to see what gpu you have click the start button on the bottom left of windows and in search type device manager and click the arrow pointing right on display adapters and it will tell you what gpu you have. once you know what gpu you have just go to the manufacture website and download the driver.
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/15 , edited 11/6/15

ILuvCats11 wrote:


MightyMidgit wrote:

Go to start.
In search, type Device Manager, open it
Double click on Display Adapers
right click on the card that appears and select Update Driver Software.

If that does not work (sometimes windows cannot find it the driver)
Type the card's name from the list into google followed by Driver
Go to the Manufacturer's website and locate your driver. There should be a download option there.


Ok thanks, i've found the page for it but im not entirely sure what to do, should I upload a screenshot for you or will that reveal personal information to my PC or something?


What's your Card? (card, sorry I said driver initially)
And what's your computer operating system?
If you don't know, go to start, search System, open it.
Tell me Windows Edition and System Type.
(none of this is info you need to keep secret)
I'll see if I can find the correct driver for you.
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/6/15 , edited 11/6/15
Its really straight forward. Google may help. But dont download the wrong drivers.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.