First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Are feminists responsible for "slut shaming" and unreasonable school dress codes?
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

lukedollo wrote:



. It is spelled captain by the way.


What can i say, i type too fast. (faster than i am really capable)


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Why do men get so offended by the idea that they are capable of treating women respectfully?

Because we get criticized for and accused of things that are either just nature or false.
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

Insanerino wrote:




So you saying girls don't want to have just sex and fun? Listing buddy. Expecting somebody to no want just sex and fun, is equally shallow.

If you want to be in one person relation/romance with the other person. I suggest you laid the rules for dating before doing anything else.


Expecting somebody to not want to just have sex and fun is equally shallow? The definition of shallow is "lack of depth", taken to common talk to mean "lack of meaning". If "just having sex and fun" has as much meaning to you as a full relationship, then I guess you're right. But since meaning is subjective, you may be wrong also, from person to person individually.


Wanting for somebody who you don't know,to only want something specifically to your needs and wants is very shallow and egotistical. That a very self center argument you have there. But is completely flaw. You want a romance and something more, tell the other person before dating them. Because you don't have the right of expectation when you are not even dating. Is only when you put the rules in place that you have any right to expect something.

The fact you think sex is only for romance and love is very immature way of thinking.

Friends who only have sex with each other for fun and nothing more, treat each other better than many people who are romantically involve or are marry. From my experience. If you think sex need meaning then you are wrong. Sex only need people who want to have sex. An many relations become something amazing because it started has fun and just fun. I get the impression that you think the way you have sex mean something. It does not. It the feelings that give it meaning. And your whole argument lack depth. Your whole argument center around the idea that somebody having sex in a specific manner, mean more than 2 people who just enjoy each other. And that is self center. Because I seen people who love each other, abandon one another when it matter the most. VS friends who just have sex for fun, who risk their neck for the other person, when it matter the most.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 11/7/15
Too long: didn't care.
It's more likely slut shaming was the result of men not knowing who was going to inherit all their property because that was the origin of marriage.
355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/7/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:


supaspem wrote:

So feminists want men to be gay? OP has a problem with homosexuals and apparently feminists want men to have gay preferences. Maybe feminists will stop having girls next in order to protect them from this rape culture.

1. You cannot catcall because women prefer that you have some class.

2. You can look but you can't touch. Do it discreetly if you don't want to hear bitching.

3.Here is as much as you need about consent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbei5JGiT8

4. How a woman dresses might attract perverts but she's free to choose who that pervert tht catches her attention shall be.


At the end of the day yes, women have to the right to wear what they want but if they dress in a certian way and feel offended at being looked at they really are retarded.
Most women deep down enjoy being checked out and praised. Of course not oogled at or stalked or harrassed.
And its a double standard, women can make comments about attractive mens bodies in public and thats fine, just not the other way around.

And iam pretty sure if a guy who was in really good shape or was dressed in expensive clothes or standing by his fancy car whistled or commented all you girls would smile, but if its just some common man then you'd screw up your faces. lol


I say, tough. Do you expect women to only behave attractively even if they look attractive? They are human just like you, and just because a man would allow a woman to make comments about his body *shrugs* that's entirely up to him. Is it up to her? Or is it somehow related if she then chooses to appreciate someone's comment in an entirely different situation?
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:




geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Why do men get so offended by the idea that they are capable of treating women respectfully?

Because we get criticized for and accused of things that are either just nature or false.


But shouldn't you be happy you're not thought of as primitive animals? You people are so hard to understand .
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/7/15
Yeah can see that from both genders that both feels that when they see something "slut" like attitude and either attack or are aggressive or threating them badly.

Yes I do see a problem where feminism comes into the mind of some feminists to create this bad attitude agianst other females like:

You oppress me by dressing like that!
(and will create those filty men come after us and YOU!!)

what was it not my choice?!. .

17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Why do men get so offended by the idea that they are capable of treating women respectfully?
Apparently it's difficult for some men to not harass women they find attractive.
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


silversongwriter wrote:

But even if they are? Why is it that big of a deal. If some dude, for some strange reason, has a problem with being stared at by girls who find him attractive, then he should stop his Jacob from Twilight cosplay.


Because it's common courtesy to respect the personal feelings of others. People shouldn't have to base their decisions for what they wear on if they think people will furiously masturbate to their ass when they're walking across the street. Flirting is fine, but if someone tells you to stop then you stop. It's just the polite and decent thing to do.

You wanna be sexually aroused by someone's body? Then go watch porn. We live in the information era. The internet is on your smartphone, your portable gaming console, [and] even pairs of glasses. It's not hard to find something/someone to jack off to.


BS. You look hot, I going to look. You don't like it, move to somewhere else where I can't look. That the same argument that I shouldn't say what I think, because it may offend you. Sorry don't want to be look upon, stay home.
7253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / "10/10" - IGN
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


Insanerino wrote:




So you saying girls don't want to have just sex and fun? Listing buddy. Expecting somebody to no want just sex and fun, is equally shallow.

If you want to be in one person relation/romance with the other person. I suggest you laid the rules for dating before doing anything else.


Expecting somebody to not want to just have sex and fun is equally shallow? The definition of shallow is "lack of depth", taken to common talk to mean "lack of meaning". If "just having sex and fun" has as much meaning to you as a full relationship, then I guess you're right. But since meaning is subjective, you may be wrong also, from person to person individually.


Wanting for somebody who you don't know,to only want something specifically to your needs and wants is very shallow and egotistical. That a very self center argument you have there. But is completely flaw. You want a romance and something more, tell the other person before dating them. Because you don't have the right of expectation when you are not even dating. Is only when you put the rules in place that you have any right to expect something.

The fact you think sex is only for romance and love is very immature way of thinking.

Friends who only have sex with each other for fun and nothing more, treat each other better than many people who are romantically involve or are marry. From my experience. If you think sex need meaning then you are wrong. Sex only need people who want to have sex. An many relations become something amazing because it started has fun and just fun. I get the impression that you think the way you have sex mean something. It does not. It the feelings that give it meaning. And your whole argument lack depth. Your whole argument center around the idea that somebody having sex in a specific manner, mean more than 2 people who just enjoy each other. And that is self center. Because I seen people who love each other, abandon one another when it matter the most. VS friends who just have sex for fun, who risk their neck for the other person, when it matter the most.


Umm... I never said I agreed with the feminists. I also never said that sex is only for relationships. Also you call my argument lack of depth, but then present anecdotal evidence as your argument. I think this is pointless. Let's agree to stop having this conversation, because I'm no longer interested in arguing against you when you have inaccurate perceptions of the arguments being presented.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:




geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Why do men get so offended by the idea that they are capable of treating women respectfully?

Because we get criticized for and accused of things that are either just nature or false.


But shouldn't you be happy you're not thought of as primitive animals? You people are so hard to understand .


I dont even know what your on about. I find you hard to understand. I must be primitive lol.
Why dont you and the feminists go live in the middle east or Africa and then talk about how wormen are treated by primitive men.
20224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Online
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15


Okay you can have your opinion and I can have mine , I hate feminists cause they don't know what they want and contradict themselves all the the bloody time
But I do believe that they have a point , our bodies where not made to satisfy your sexual desire , out breasts are not there to appease a young ragging hormonal kid , they are to fed babies , staying fit and toned is a personal choice to be healthy and yeah to be Satisfied with who we are
I don't think that anyone has the right to stare at our bodies cause guess what their ours, the same as yours are yours . A girl can wear " slutty " clothes cause they are comfortable and yet they are getting perved on , sexually harassed , called a slut , my friend wore shorts and a full length singlet and a few guys said she looked like a slut , it's not hard control your eyes , there is a limit , in a video or if someone states they want you to stare , It's fine , that is giving permission , not oh I think they want me to stare . That's rubbish , it's like a guy saying she's wearing a dress like that so she's obliviously asking to be raped , and than the woman is slut shamed , grow up , a male body should not be sexualised like that , a female body should not be sexualised , for gods sake I was on my school bus and some guy touched my butt , and guess what , I was wearing school pants and a baggy school jumper that covered my butt, I wear baggy clothes all the time now and yet I still have people stare , pass comments and make me generally uncomfortable for what , case ragging hormonal little brats think a woman's body is for them , well sorry to break the news to you , it's not , you are ignorant saying you have the right to violate my rights , i have rights as well buddy and I chose not to stand by and let someone treat me like trash , I will stand up for myself , I won't let scumbags make me uncomfortable or insecure , especially if I " haven't done anything wrong "
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

BS. You look hot, I going to look. You don't like it, move to somewhere else where I can't look. That the same retard argument that I shouldn't say what I think, because it may offend you. Sorry don't want to be look upon, stay home.


Free speech is protected under the first amendment. Staring longingly at someone's ass long after they've told you to stop is not.

There's a fine line between actions and words.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/7/15

Midnightspell wrote:
Okay you can have your opinion and I can have mine , I hate feminists cause they don't know what they want and contradict themselves all the the bloody time.
Rick and Morty - Feminism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFkcTFplh0

9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15



geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Apparently it's difficult for some men to not harass women they find attractive.


Looking is not harassing.


KarenAraragi wrote:



BS. You look hot, I going to look. You don't like it, move to somewhere else where I can't look. That the same argument that I shouldn't say what I think, because it may offend you. Sorry don't want to be look upon, stay home.


Ha ha tell em like it is
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

Insanerino wrote:

Umm... I never said I agreed with the feminists. I also never said that sex is only for relationships. Also you call my argument lack of depth, but then present anecdotal evidence as your argument. I think this is pointless. Let's agree to stop having this conversation, because I'm no longer interested in arguing against you when you have inaccurate perceptions of the arguments being presented.

I did no say you ever agree with the feminist. Your are one giving those impression when you seen to act high and mighty.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.