First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Are feminists responsible for "slut shaming" and unreasonable school dress codes?
17179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:

I dont even know what your on about. I find you hard to understand. I must be primitive lol.
Why dont you and the feminists go live in the middle east or Africa and then talk about how wormen are treated by primitive men. ;)
There are African women who iron their breast down to disguise themselves as young boys to avoid being raped. Sounds familiar?

It's sad that these women don't understand that it's not their breast that's causes them to be raped.
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:





Why dont you and the feminists go live in the middle east or Africa and then talk about how wormen are treated by primitive men. ;)


Sure. If you give us the money and resources, we'll be over there in a heartbeat.
17179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Looking is not harassing.
That's not what I said
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

BS. You look hot, I going to look. You don't like it, move to somewhere else where I can't look. That the same argument that I shouldn't say what I think, because it may offend you. Sorry don't want to be look upon, stay home.


Free speech is protected under the first amendment. Staring longingly at someone's ass long after they've told you to stop is not.

There's a fine line between actions and words.


Please tell me kid where in the law say I can't stare a somebody ass ? I don't need her or his permission to look upon them. You don't like being stare upon, stay home kid.
7253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / "10/10" - IGN
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15


I did no say you ever agree with the feminist. Your are one giving those impression when you seen to act high and mighty.


I didn't act high and mighty. All I did was say that both sides of the argument had merit. Saying that I think that sexual desire is shallow is not social justice, it's not high horsed, nor is it even offensive to anybody. It is simply true that sexual desire is without deeper meaning because it's just an instinct; I didn't shame or talk bad about people with sexual instinct, because it's normal.

So... do we even disagree about anything? I'm pretty sure we actually agree about this...
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/7/15

GrandmasterCoolio wrote: Staring longingly at someone's ass long after they've told you to stop is not.

There's a fine line between actions and words.
and so?
mean if you are staring agian only means they where rude (unless maybe dressed like revealing cloths on a "calm" event)
but else its not really bad, and if someone said stop staring at them sure, but its not something you can allways avoid, you can't block either it being few meters over there or infront of your face and everytime you even took a glance would be considerd bad would it not also be the same for the other part that stares back? or waiting to be stared/looked at?

Posted 11/7/15

Insanerino wrote:



I did no say you ever agree with the feminist. Your are one giving those impression when you seen to act high and mighty.


I didn't act high and mighty. All I did was say that both sides of the argument had merit. Saying that I think that sexual desire is shallow is not social justice, it's not high horsed, nor is it even offensive to anybody. It is simply true that sexual desire is without deeper meaning because it's just an instinct; I didn't shame or talk bad about people with sexual instinct, because it's normal.

So... do we even disagree about anything? I'm pretty sure we actually agree about this...


Fine.
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15
Staring is a form of harassment. The law says it is.
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

Please tell me kid where in the law say I can't stare a somebody ass ? I don't need her or his permission to look upon them. You don't like being stare upon, stay home kid.


I wasn't stating that it was against the law, but I was stating that you don't have a right to it. It's not in the same category as freedom of speech or expression, so the comparison isn't an accurate one.

But, since you asked...


Sexual harassment may be physical, such as kissing, hugging, pinching, patting, grabbing, blocking the victim's path, leering or staring, or standing very close to the victim.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sexual+harassment

Thus, PV hit the nail on its head. Staring is a form of sexual harassment, which is against the law.


Now getting personal because you lose the logic argument, sad indeed. This isn't call of duty kid, go luck next time.



KarenAraragi wrote:

You lack common sense.


Perhaps you should apply your own standards to yourself. Go luck next time.

EDIT: Also, I feel I should note that I wasn't intending to target you personally. It may have come off as such, but the remark was meant to be a jest about cases of unwanted staring in general. I do think it says something that you took it as an accusation though.
20218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Online
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Staring is a form of harassment. The law says it is.


Thank you for pointing that out
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

Freddy96NO wrote:

and so?

mean if you are staring agian only means they where rude (unless maybe dressed like revealing cloths on a "calm" event)
but else its not really bad, and if someone said stop staring at them sure, but its not something you can allways avoid, you can't block either it being few meters over there or infront of your face and everytime you even took a glance would be considerd bad would it not also be the same for the other part that stares back? or waiting to be stared/looked at?


Just because others may do doesn't mean it's justifiable for you to do it. Arguing that it is would be, if I'm not mistaken, a form of the bandwagon fallacy. Similarly, arguing that it's fine because it's an instinctual reaction would be a form of the naturalistic fallacy -- asserting that because something/some type of behavior exists within nature that there are no problems to be had with it.

If you glance then so be it. You're only human. Even I, perfection incarnate, may glance now and then. But there's a HUGE difference between that and unwanted, continued harassment.
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

Midnightspell wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Staring is a form of harassment. The law says it is.


Thank you for pointing that out


I can't believe it had to be said in the first place. Although I believe definitions are getting mixed up at this point.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/7/15

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:

Sexual harassment may be physical, such as kissing, hugging, pinching, patting, grabbing, blocking the victim's path, leering or staring, or standing very close to the victim.
those 2 was quite weird and has to have something behind them, like just staring or being close as sexual harassment shouldn't be the case most be quite specfic or else these things is probably horrible to deal with.


GrandmasterCoolio wrote: asserting that because something/some type of behavior exists within nature that there are no problems to be had with it.

If you glance then so be it. You're only human. Even I, perfection incarnate, may glance now and then. But there's a HUGE difference between that and unwanted, continued harassment.
I didn't say no problems with it, I mean its hard to know when it should be taken bad (from others view) also yes if it continues from the SAME person you can begin to wonder about their thoughts.

Also many stare from time to time its not a rare thing to do!

5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

lukedollo wrote:

im not going to fall for your failbait, but i will [removed by mod] for thinking girls should get raises for looking pretty.....In a workplace that is considered worse then giving a raise to a brown-nose.

but please proceed, i can't wait for the political people to get here XD


I don't think girls should get raises for looking pretty, I think that people who think girls should get raises for looking pretty should be able to run their business that way.
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/11/15

Yeah is my right to look upon anything I wish. Unless you find some place where say I can't in the law, you are wrong.
You are confusing sexual harassment with looking.

You are taking what I saying and taking it to the extreme.

What does the feminist have any thing to do with what we are talking about ? Please keep it relevant.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.