First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Which non-human species can replace humans if we become extinct?
5962 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/15

Jorvac wrote:


maxgale wrote:

Catgirls.


I second that and I will begin making a shelter so when I arise as the only living human male I will get lots of Pussy.


Thirded. The catgirls got opposable thumbs, gg dolphins.
451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/8/15
I watched a thing on this and it said squid would be the next species
27244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/8/15
Probably ants.
28173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/15 , edited 11/8/15
If we look at this realistically and rule out aliens and the such, I'd say K9s and birds of the Crow family probably have the best chance of colonizing the space left behind by humans. The key here is intelligence and adaptability.
47667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/15
Long-dominant insects like ants are tempting, but they haven't evolved much in millions of years, so, while successful, they have pretty much hit their evolutionary dead end. They are too successful as is to really need to evolve more.

Octopus are very intelligent and could make the leap, if they can develop a long enough lifespan to create lasting social groups.

Pigs are also intelligent, as smart as the smarter types of dogs, are already social, and could still evolve more.

Dolphins are also social, as well as being as psychotic and violent as humans, so they are a good bet, too.
34924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 11/8/15 , edited 11/8/15
Roaches.


6638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/8/15

darkrchaos wrote:

I watched a thing on this and it said squid would be the next species


I think I saw it too! It had some bad CGI squid flipping around through the trees or something. I can get behind that.
47667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/15

Ravenstein wrote:


darkrchaos wrote:

I watched a thing on this and it said squid would be the next species


I think I saw it too! It had some bad CGI squid flipping around through the trees or something. I can get behind that.


Yes, it was a miniseries called The Future is Wild, which speculated on what future animals would look like in 50, 100, and 200 million years. The last one had squid evolving to live on land, after the previous era had an pre-land version as an evolutionary step. The animal in question was called a Squibbon (squid/gibbon) in that it used its tentacles to brachiate through the trees.

1412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 11/8/15
Dogs
20471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Pinellas Park, FL
Offline
Posted 11/8/15
Here's some wisdom otherwise skip to the important part.



When alls said and done: Manbearpig
It's equally as reasonable as any other suggestion.
27244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/8/15

Blackferret64 wrote:

Long-dominant insects like ants are tempting, but they haven't evolved much in millions of years, so, while successful, they have pretty much hit their evolutionary dead end. They are too successful as is to really need to evolve more.

Octopus are very intelligent and could make the leap, if they can develop a long enough lifespan to create lasting social groups.

Pigs are also intelligent, as smart as the smarter types of dogs, are already social, and could still evolve more.

Dolphins are also social, as well as being as psychotic and violent as humans, so they are a good bet, too.


That's not to say they can't evolve, though. They'll probably continue to adapt until new species pop out somewhere. It's not to say that a primitive adaptation is going to be less effective than a sophisticated adaptation in ensuring survival. Why change what works? I think they will adapt when they need to, though.
1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 11/8/15
when we go extinct we will take the planet with us. our last word on this planet will be opps!
355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/9/15
After humans, the next specie to replace humans might be one introduced, possibly intentionally, by humans.
Furthermore, If we were to consider there being some kind of a domino effect to extinction, we can eliminate all creatures close to human life. That might leave us with a specie that will arrive on earth via meteorites from space
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/9/15 , edited 11/9/15
Intelligent self replicating machines.



Alternately, we could bioengineer ourselves to the point where the word human changes meaning.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/9/15

maxgale wrote:

Catgirls.




First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.