First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Horrors of growing old.
55077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/15

Ejanss wrote:


JanusCascade wrote:

Old? No NEVER! I need to find fountain of Youth! So I can stay young forever!


(Of course, one of the things about being older is that to older people, "Young" means "Idiot".
Oops, wait, sorry, you don 't know that yet. )



Eh.. But its nice to be Young, you can chase beautiful women around without worrying about your back going out.. Also you can make women happy in bed that you last longer than some *cough* old men *cough*. :P


But not most old people see young people an idiots more of Naive.. Young people lacks experience.. But with Fountain of Youth, We can be Young again but with experience, Wise! :p Right?

91817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 11/9/15

aeb0717 wrote:


Jan- wrote:

Sorry,just saying some things are inevitable and that life is an cycle. So sorry that i seemed to annoy/hurt you by these words.


Problem is, I know what you say very well, already. I was irked by you assuming that I was unaware. I have an instinctive fear. No amount of knowledge quells my fear of what my mother and grandparents are going through.



best thing is to be with your grandparents and all. During their last years they need their relatives the most,this i can say as the nurse. And sorry about that,i jut have habit of not assuming someone is aware of something.
Banned
21667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 11/9/15

macht_gut wrote:

They say the first thing that goes is your memory. Second is your attention span. Is this true?


Does this apply if you never had any to begin with or am I immune?
51803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 11/9/15

Rujikin wrote:


macht_gut wrote:

They say the first thing that goes is your memory. Second is your attention span. Is this true?


Does this apply if you never had any to begin with or am I immune?


I'm not an expert on "old age" as the OP is. However, in my humble opinion, you are dead like a zombie or brainwash such like the " Manchurian Candidate". Pick your poison!
3131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Euro-Somewhere
Offline
Posted 11/9/15
Creaking up to 30 slowly... I know this isn't old, haha but I honestly don't feel any different physically than I did when I was 16. Physically, I've not lost it unlike a fair few people my age but that's because I've just kept doing what I've always done... use it or lose it people!

Mentally I'm still just as mad, if not worse... the only thing is that I've realised... there is no real point at raging out about irrelevant crap, there is so much random hatred on the internet about seemingly everything and well... I just can't be assed with it so I guess I've mellowed out somewhat. There are better things to do, get on with and enjoy your life! (Because seriously... for whatever reason, you could just randomly die/be killed, just because you're young - you aren't immune from death and surely but slowly, people you know will die for... reasons).

If you want to do something then just do it, the horrors of getting old will come to you one way or another regardless, haha.

Ejanss 
16815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/9/15

macht_gut wrote:
I'm not an expert on "old age" as the OP is. However, in my humble opinion, you are dead like a zombie or brainwash such like the " Manchurian Candidate". Pick your poison!


(Why don't you play a nice game of solitaire? )
11291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 11/9/15
Maybe I read too much sci-fi as a kid so that things like credit chips (banking with ATM cards that people plug into Square readers) isn't all that strange. Satellite up links (GPS) and "Scotty two to beam up" (cellphones) didn't blow my mind. Well not as much as my much younger sister (20 years apart) learning how to manual program a VCR to record her TV shows back in the day.
11291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 11/9/15

Dariamus wrote:


BlueOni wrote:

Technology, then vs. now: are you living in another world, or just the same one in a shinier package?

A completely different world.

No computers, no ATM's, no debit cards, rotary phones (wireless house phone, cell phone, wtf are those???), TV's were an actual piece of furniture, not something you hung on the wall or put on a stand. Pong was the latest thing



I loved the people that when that big TV/cabinet died, they just put the new TV ontop of it.



I remember when someone got one of those AND had HBO back in the day. Holy shit. TV from fuckin' space.
7652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Online
Posted 11/9/15
As someone who is getting up there in age watch the amount you eat. After I turn 25; I notice I could not eat as much as I used too.
7416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/9/15 , edited 11/9/15

paul25454 wrote:

As someone who is getting up there in age watch the amount you eat. After I turn 25; I notice I could not eat as much as I used too.

I can't eat half what I used too.

I've gained weight as the amount I consume has decreased
7652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Online
Posted 11/9/15

Dariamus wrote:


paul25454 wrote:

As someone who is getting up there in age watch the amount you eat. After I turn 25; I notice I could not eat as much as I used too.

I can't eat half what I used too.

I've gained weight as the amount I consume has decreased


Same here
776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Cleveland, OH
Offline
Posted 11/9/15 , edited 11/9/15
Age has made my metabolism slow down.

55077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/15
Back than when I was in Bodybuilder (Age 17 at that time) I ate ton of food that you wouldn't believed.. for example at MCD I would order number 4 Super Size ((Remember Super size back in old day? :p)) Coke, Fries, and 20 Piece of Chicken Nuggets with lot of Sweet & Sour and Honey. I would eat all that up less than 5-8 min! My Mother would look at me after her first bite from her Hamburger haha.

Now days I can't eat that fast anymore or I get I think its call heart burn?



11291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 11/9/15
I remember when McDonald's started selling chicken mcnuggets.



How funny is it I still use these glasses that I got from McDonalds?

That's another thing I miss, cool loot from fast food joints.
726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Madrid, Spain
Offline
Posted 11/9/15
Losing control of bowel movements. I crap myself once a year or so, but when that happens I'm usually drunk or have a stomach virus or trying too hard to fart. But the thought of me being not in control of that grosses me out kind of.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.