First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply What do you think about Google's Veteran's Day Homepage?
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/15
What do you think about Google's Veterans' Day homepage?



Given that White men make up a majority of the U.S. military and given that white men are the majority of people who have died in war for this country, I think this picture is incredibly offensive and disresptful to our Veterans.(Not that other races haven't contributed too, but the military has always been mostly white males and most veterans are white males too.) What do you think about this picture for Veterans' Day?
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/11/15
Someone got triggered.

I think you gave too many fucks sir.

23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/15

You should say that to them..
3326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/11/15
I just ran out of f's to give, so meh.

But seriously; who cares?
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/15

ComboChrist wrote:

I just ran out of f's to give, so meh.

But seriously; who cares?


See above picture...
3326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/11/15

bobsagget wrote:


ComboChrist wrote:

I just ran out of f's to give, so meh.

But seriously; who cares?


See above picture...


What about it?
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/15

ComboChrist wrote:


bobsagget wrote:


ComboChrist wrote:

I just ran out of f's to give, so meh.

But seriously; who cares?


See above picture...


What about it?


You don't think they care about being left out after the sacrifices they made?
776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Cleveland, OH
Offline
Posted 11/11/15 , edited 11/11/15
Just because our military comprises mostly white men doesn't mean women and minorities don't sacrifice just as much when they enlist. Everyone gives up something when they fight for their country.

Someone's gonna use the word "privilege" in this thread by the end of the day. I can smell it.
3326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/11/15 , edited 11/11/15

bobsagget wrote:

You don't think they care about being left out after the sacrifices they made?


They choose to sign up for a military career, right? They knew what they were into.
One Punch Mod
85831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 11/11/15 , edited 11/11/15

bobsagget wrote:

What do you think about Google's Veterans' Day homepage?



Given that White men make up a majority of the U.S. military and given that white men are the majority of people who have died in war for this country, I think this picture is incredibly offensive and disresptful to our Veterans.(Not that other races haven't contributed too, but the military has always been mostly white males and most veterans are white males too.) What do you think about this picture for Veterans' Day?


I am, I admit, a little shocked that I'm agreeing with you, but I went to check the page just before I clicked into this thread, and it was the first thing I noticed. I do think it's important to acknowledge that other than white men are part of armed forces and are also veterans, and I would have been more irritated if the image was just a bunch of white guys, but that did seem to be a pretty heavy-handed dose of inclusion, with white man just kind of waving from the back.

The pick one from this bin, and one from this other bin, and one from that bin and... method did create an image that gets a second look.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/11/15 , edited 11/11/15

bobsagget wrote:


You should say that to them..


Oh no not the victim card!



Okay, I'll humor yah. All the atrocious things you all went through that you got triggered by a temporary Google webpage!? Fuckin' rofl.

Let's be honest though, they don't seem to be complainin' it's you ain't it?

I don't see the issue with it. Yah the whole inclusion thing is annoying because it's overdone. Not worth all that much care though lol

Offended? That's going too far. Funny? Absolutely.
355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/15 , edited 11/11/15
This is the least creativity the homepage designers have showcased in some respects. In their attempt to showcase effectiveness and efficiency, they undermined our ability to think for ourselves by assuming we are easily suggestible unless they paint a picture of harmony.
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/15 , edited 11/11/15

hnrbledischarge wrote:

Just because our military comprises mostly white men doesn't mean women and minorities don't sacrifice just as much when they enlist. Everyone gives up something when they fight for their country.

Someone's gonna use the word "privilege" in this thread by the end of the day. I can smell it.


You're right, I'm not taking anything away from other races that have served, but a majority of the people who served are white men. Don't you think they deserve to be recognized on a holiday that is suppose to celebrate them?
Posted 11/11/15
I'm thinking that I despise feelings of gratitude and pity, that it is a stupid day, and that I find it offensive and disrespectful.
31253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 11/11/15
*facepalm* I don't even... I can't even... No comment. Y'all overreact to shit it's just skin color.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.