First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply board games!
1107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Alberta, Canada.
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
Do you play many board games? What are some of your favourites? Any that you haven't tried but would like to?

I finally got around to picking up Dungeon Lords the other day, its a great little game where you build a dungeon! By bossing little imps around and hiring monsters and things, and spreading propaganda so you don't get too evil. Or rather, perceived as too evil.

504 needs to hurry up and come out...

And Code Names! Its out, but good luck finding it right now, fingers crossed that it gets another batch out before the holidays.

Thinking of picking up Machi Koro for my parents, my Dad likes games with money, but my Mom doesn't like when they take too long. And neither of them like too many rules (Carcassonne is their favourite), so should be a good fit.

Wanting more Sentinels of the Multiverse expansions, always yes to more Sentinels... And the Red Dragon Inn 5, its so big! Just shove 'em all in there, always convent when games do the one big box because we all know you people have more expansions then is healthy editions. ...Sentinels needs one of those.

The post Essen Spiel, pre Christmas board game releases are here (or soon to be)! Rejoice as we are left broke and happy, with sealed boxes on our shelves until the new year...

10973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
used to play shogi. not so much anymore though :p
13899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
Settlers of Catan!
302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Portland
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
uhh monopoly LOL
1107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Alberta, Canada.
Offline
Posted 11/12/15

HoldenSamuel wrote:

Settlers of Catan!


Catan, the gateway board game! It starts with wood for sheep, then you buy your first expansion...
15959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
I don't remember what its called but,
it has cards and chips on a board with most from the card stack like joker, knight, 1-10
in both red and black.
You hold I think 5-6 cards for each player.
meaning what card you choose you are going to place a chip and try to get 4 straight or vertical while the others try to prevent it.
5617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
Sounds like you are into some pretty cool stuff.

I play board games, but I'm more into tabletop rpgs.

My top 3 board games are:

-Earth Reborn: Post apocalypse skirmishes where you can do almost anything! Gain points by taking your scientist with gastrointestinal problems to the toilet, seduce the horny Frank Einstein zombie to your side using the sexy Vasquez, highjack a powerful mek and even launch a nuclear missile, it's sooo awesome!

-Mage Knight: Cast spells, conquer cities, explore dungeons, lead armies, engage in diplomacy, wield devastating artifacts; it feels like the ultimate rpg simulator.

-Tomb Cryptmaster: This insane dungeon crawler has some of the most broken, gonzo, overpowered and underpowered rules I have ever seen, not to mention like 100+ (I don't remember the exact number) characters that you can recruit for your party; I remember there was this dark dwarf that you can recruit and he actually got stronger as the members in your party died, after an almost total party kill, he was a walking fortress.
9899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
I love board games. "King Of Tokyo" "Ticket To Ride" "Abyss" "Smash Up" and "Small World" are some of my favorites.
1107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Alberta, Canada.
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15

Freddy96NO wrote:

I don't remember what its called but,
it has cards and chips on a board with most from the card stack like joker, knight, 1-10
in both red and black.
You hold I think 5-6 cards for each player.
meaning what card you choose you are going to place a chip and try to get 4 straight or vertical while the others try to prevent it.


Thats sequence, I think. My grandpa used to like that game a lot.


shinblade wrote:

Sounds like you are into some pretty cool stuff.

I play board games, but I'm more into tabletop rpgs.

My top 3 board games are:

-Earth Reborn: Post apocalypse skirmishes where you can do almost anything! Gain points by taking your scientist with gastrointestinal problems to the toilet, seduce the horny Frank Einstein zombie to your side using the sexy Vasquez, highjack a powerful mek and even launch a nuclear missile, it's sooo awesome!

-Mage Knight: Cast spells, conquer cities, explore dungeons, lead armies, engage in diplomacy, wield devastating artifacts; it feels like the ultimate rpg simulator.

-Tomb Cryptmaster: This insane dungeon crawler has some of the most broken, gonzo, overpowered and underpowered rules I have ever seen, not to mention like 100+ (I don't remember the exact number) characters that you can recruit for your party; I remember there was this dark dwarf that you can recruit and he actually got stronger as the members in your party died, after an almost total party kill, he was a walking fortress.


I keep on hearing good things about Mage Knight and just not getting around to it... guess I'll have to change that. My table top rpgs have been typical, D&D (3.5, 4 but dislike, 5 looks good, wanna try it), Pathfinder, Shadow Run (5th), what are some of your favourites rpg wise? Earth Reborn sounds insane in all the best ways, so does Tomb Cryptmaster...


nerder wrote:

I love board games. "King Of Tokyo" "Ticket To Ride" "Abyss" "Smash Up" and "Small World" are some of my favorites.


The designer of King of Tokyo put out a new game through Queens.... and of course the name escapes me, treasure something? Hm... Looks interesting at any rate. Small World is well done, I love how they give you so many different maps based on player size. Its fantastic when a game listed as 2-5 players actually plays as well for 2 as it does for 5.

Have you played Quarriors at all? Seems like it would be your kind of game. Its full of dice, and is a dice builder (instead of a deck builder). So theres always a bit of luck in terms of what the dice give you, but still some strategy in terms of what you decide to add to your dice pool, or remove from your pool.
32844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
Space Hulk and Aggravation
5617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 11/12/15


Some of my favorite rpgs are:

- Hackmaster: This one is not for everyone, it's the most 'realistic' version of D&D imaginable, fights are measured second by second, and you can die really fast, so can your enemies though. It's really, really old school in most respects. It's self-proclaimed as the greatest rpg known to man (I'm not kidding, it says so in the book) With the right group, it could be true.

- Vexith: This one is pretty new, looks like your typical fantasy rpg at first, but you can customize anything and everything, your weapon, your 'class', your spells, your race. Want to be a warrior Ettin who shoots fireballs and has a pet or animal companion? You got it, but Ettins need to be controlled by two players, you know, because they have two heads. There are 44 races to chose from, and that's not even the tip of the iceberg.

- Mindjammer: Wow... this one is probably the greatest modern scifi game in existence; you get a lot of bang for your buck, races, vehicles, transhumanism, living spaceships (you can pick that as your character!) with synthetic 'humanoid' bodies. They really went all out.

- Dungeon Crawl Classics: A nod to the oldest versions of D&D, with many 'fixes', wacky spell results (no two spells, or two casters, end up the same), warrior feats based on your creativity and other goodies. Each player controls 3-4 characters, most of them will die horribly.

- Epoch: This one could be the best way to represent a horror movie in it's most cinematic sense,characters are required to die, and there is a pretty good chance they will betray each other. It's completely card driven.

- Maid RPG: A tribute to maid anime and manga, create a vampire maid, or cyborg maid, ninja maid, angel maid, etc., who needs to protect her master from harm. It's quite competitive, gotta protect the master and win his affection. Notice me senpai!

- OVA: You can play any anime, manga or videogame you can imagine with this one; a universal anime system with classic features such as nosebleeding when seeing lewd stuff, the ability to summon a giant mecha, etc. From serious to humorous, all genres and themes work.

And I'm going to stop there, I could go on and on If you have the time, I recommend you check out my youtube channel, it's completely dedicated to rpg reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuZaFiDPmVdHjadWDLAbXzg/videos
Posted 11/13/15
Risk; for when you want to kill your friends, or be killed by friends... in real life.
Posted 11/13/15
These three are my top favourite V V V





Posted 11/13/15
- Monopoly
- Chess
- Jenga (if that counts )

Those are just a few I enjoy playing with friends or family.
10973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 11/13/15
i wasn't sure, but apparently mahjong also counts, so that and also rummikub
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.