First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply White Frat Boy's :White Girls Only Party
16739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 11/12/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Their party. No need to be so racist about it though. I don't need to know you're turning me away because I'm Asian, just turn me away. No need to go and put a sign over it, that's just triggering people.


Well some asians look very white, whiter than Europeans. So by their poster you guys would be allowed in.
Posted 11/12/15
The Frat-cunts are idiots, but it is their party and they have every right to invite whom they please. However, they should have done so differently, and invited people by private-invitation so as not to create such a scene and make people - on a multi-national/racial campus feel like shit. On the other hand, it seems the information would've leaked out either way so it is a lose-lose situation.

On the other hand, those equally idiotic idiots who turned up knowing full well they were not wanted there just made fools of themselves and probably gave the Fratties a good laugh behind their backs.

WHY turn up to a party you know you're not wanted at? You're better than that! Either they did it because they wanted to go, or they wanted to call out the Frats for their non-inclusion. Either way, it was a stupid ploy.

Again: the Frats are imbeciles, but it IS THEIR PARTY.

I don't see people complaining when it is an All-Asian Party or an All-Black Party or some other thing. Why are they only calling out whites when this nonsense happens?

This happens all the time among different racial groups.

Or is it only racist when a white person does it?

I myself am not white, but I find the double standards sickening. And no, I would have never stepped foot near their party. Or any party where I am not wanted.
Posted 11/12/15

Rujikin wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Their party. No need to be so racist about it though. I don't need to know you're turning me away because I'm Asian, just turn me away. No need to go and put a sign over it, that's just triggering people.


Well some asians look very white, whiter than Europeans. So by their poster you guys would be allowed in.


Ah, but that is only by skin color.(but I get your point).

By features, Asians are completely and utterly different no matter how pale their skin is. No matter how light they are, by their features you can tell at once they are Asian, unless they're mixed but even then the Asian-side is telling the majority of times.

Who would be able to sometimes "pass" though, are very white Middle-Easterners, Pakistanis or Indians for example. They already have the Caucasian features, so change the skin color...and quite a number of Middle-Easterners especially have colored eyes and non-black hair. Northern-Indians especially can pass too.

Plenty of the tanned/browner ones can pass as Italians/Mediterranean/Sicilian/Greek folks in general.

Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15

teallerina wrote:

The Frat-cunts are idiots, but it is their party and they have every right to invite whom they please. However, they should have done so differently, and invited people by private-invitation so as not to create such a scene and make people - on a multi-national/racial campus feel like shit. On the other hand, it seems the information would've leaked out either way so it is a lose-lose situation.

On the other hand, those equally idiotic idiots who turned up knowing full well they were not wanted there just made fools of themselves and probably gave the Fratties a good laugh behind their backs.

WHY turn up to a party you know you're not wanted at? You're better than that! Either they did it because they wanted to go, or they wanted to call out the Frats for their non-inclusion. Either way, it was a stupid ploy.

Again: the Frats are imbeciles, but it IS THEIR PARTY.

I don't see people complaining when it is an All-Asian Party or an All-Black Party or some other thing. Why are they only calling out whites when this nonsense happens?

This happens all the time among different racial groups.

Or is it only racist when a white person does it?

I myself am not white, but I find the double standards sickening. And no, I would have never stepped foot near their party. Or any party where I am not wanted.


I haven't seen an all Asian party that blatantly said no whites. I've been to quite a number of parties with only Asians, but it's so much we invite our relatives and everyone we know versus excluding whites. You make a fair point, they should've gone by it differently and they didn't. I fail to see what point you're trying to raise when no one else is being this blatantly disrespectful.

In other words, I have not seen a Asian only party being so blatantly racist and believe you're formulating a scenario that doesn't really occur. (In the US at least.)

BTW, I believe most people wouldn't be fine, an assuming they are fine is an assumption on your part.
Posted 11/12/15

Rujikin wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Their party. No need to be so racist about it though. I don't need to know you're turning me away because I'm Asian, just turn me away. No need to go and put a sign over it, that's just triggering people.


Well some asians look very white, whiter than Europeans. So by their poster you guys would be allowed in.


Depends on the Asian. Those in the Indo China section tend to be darker than most. I don't think we'd be called whites at that point.
14741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15

tf2pyros wrote:

Don't see a reason to even join a frat.
Unless you want "Douchebag" stamped on your forehead.


Joining a frat is useful if you developed no sense of individuality in high school, and continue to need to surround yourself with your "buds" at all times, well into what should be your first freshman years of adult independence.
So, if you're terrified of growing up past the age of seventeen, of responsibility, public respect, and leaving self-indulgence behind, don't worry there's a frat somewhere that will safely shelter you from it for four years! After that, you're back to being on your own again.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
Yeah as others have said, its their party. And its fine for Asians and blacks and Arabs/Muslims to do this so why is it only a big deal when white peopel do it?
Me personally would let any girls in. I mean who dosent like Asian girls?
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/12/15

teallerina wrote:

The Frat-cunts are idiots, but it is their party and they have every right to invite whom they please. However, they should have done so differently, and invited people by private-invitation so as not to create such a scene and make people - on a multi-national/racial campus feel like shit. On the other hand, it seems the information would've leaked out either way so it is a lose-lose situation.

On the other hand, those equally idiotic idiots who turned up knowing full well they were not wanted there just made fools of themselves and probably gave the Fratties a good laugh behind their backs.

WHY turn up to a party you know you're not wanted at? You're better than that! Either they did it because they wanted to go, or they wanted to call out the Frats for their non-inclusion. Either way, it was a stupid ploy.

Again: the Frats are imbeciles, but it IS THEIR PARTY.

I don't see people complaining when it is an All-Asian Party or an All-Black Party or some other thing. Why are they only calling out whites when this nonsense happens?

This happens all the time among different racial groups.

Or is it only racist when a white person does it?

I myself am not white, but I find the double standards sickening. And no, I would have never stepped foot near their party. Or any party where I am not wanted.


What ethnicity are you?
5011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
In response to tf2pyros, there are a lot of fraternities that aren't douchey. While the mainstream stereotype are those "social" frats, there are also fraternities that are service based, like Alpha Phi Omega, and pre-professional fraternities, like Alpha Kappa Psi. These fraternities rarely have a house to have parties in, and are often more inclusive as to who can join.

Both of the ones I listed are co-ed, and there are sometimes sister sororities that are co-ed as well. I was in a band fraternity (Kappa Kappa Psi) that was co-ed, and so was our sister sorority (Tau Beta Sigma). Both organizations had a strict no hazing, no alcohol policy, and we had one chapter de-chartered for infringing upon those rules. My big bro was a girl and my big sis was a guy, which was really fun to explain to people who didn't get it xD

What happened at Yale was not the best display of what a fraternity can be. But please don't list off all fraternities and sororities as douchey and slutty without doing your homework.
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
I would definitely still punish the frat even if the party was blacks-only or whatever. I mean, c'mon. This is YALE. YALE.

You're telling me you don't know any better? Please. Get out of my school.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
wow yale of all places
3412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/12/15

teallerina wrote:


I don't see people complaining when it is an All-Asian Party or an All-Black Party or some other thing. Why are they only calling out whites when this nonsense happens?

This happens all the time among different racial groups.

Or is it only racist when a white person does it?

I myself am not white, but I find the double standards sickening. And no, I would have never stepped foot near their party. Or any party where I am not wanted.


Does it really happen all the time? I've yet to see a party by a minority frat that had signage saying only people of their particular ethnic group are welcome (I did see a flier for an all-white party run by a mostly black organization once but that was referring to the clothes).

And of course it's racist whoever does it unless of course its like a party for a Native American tribe and they want you to be a member of that particular tribe to participate. However I've found most minorities in this country to be welcoming of other cultures, it's just majority individuals rarely feel comfortable being in the minority so you don't usually see white's taking advantage of the scholarships available to attend historically black universities or joining the national society of Hispanic engineers, however I have seen both and more without issue.

On the bright side at least they were honest about it. Typically clubs will just institute a dress code that screams no n*s allowed: no hoodies, baggy jeans, white tee shirts, chains, corn rolls...Or anything else they thought blacks and Latinos wore was often added to signs at clubs in the south where I went to school as soon as minorities started coming. They'd find some excuse to keep them out even if they came impeccably dressed, meanwhile people of euro descent were let in with baggy shorts and flip flops, open hoods etc with no questions asked.
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15
You can discriminate all you want, so long as you're not an establishment that provides public service. Nobody is going to stop you from being a racist in private, but... the majority will, and should if they want to, shun you out of the social gene pool. It's social suicide, and the only one you have to blame it on is yourself. You can shout "SJW! I'm a victim by SJW!" all you want, in hope to attract angry and confused borderline people like yourself, to join you on your quest against this cruel heartbreaking victimization that you have to suffer from, "Boohoo, I'm emotionally retarded, why won't anyone love me?" but it's really not ever going to make emotionally intelligent people side with you.

All that is set in stone. What you have to decide on is whether this is a school matter, or private matter. If it's the former, it's illegal. If it's the latter, it's not.
14741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15

Morbidhanson wrote:

I would definitely still punish the frat even if the party was blacks-only or whatever. I mean, c'mon. This is YALE. YALE.

You're telling me you don't know any better? Please. Get out of my school.


Yep, we're talking Yale....The Alma Mater for every Bush in this century.
The poor kids study because they have to, the rich kids know how to Douchebag.
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15
People still join fraternities these days? Yuck!

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.