First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply White Frat Boy's :White Girls Only Party
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15
It's their party so they can do what they want....it's still fucked up though.
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15
While I do believe this is in bad taste, and shouldve just sent private invites to white students only. I think its hypocritical that we complain about white dudes wanting a white only party, but I know FOR A FACT that some schools. Especially HBCU's have black only parties. Lets be fair about this and call it what it is.

Sources: Ive been to plenty, and they were boring as hell because all everyone does is post up on the wall and judge other dudes outfits and theres maybe a few girls dancing. Then eventually someone will start a fight, then comes the gunplay. Diverse parties are always better!
3412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/12/15

dragontackle wrote:

While I do believe this is in bad taste, and shouldve just sent private invites to white students only. I think its hypocritical that we complain about white dudes wanting a white only party, but I know FOR A FACT that some schools. Especially HBCU's have black only parties. Lets be fair about this and call it what it is.

Sources: Ive been to plentyDiverse parties are always better!


Pretty sure that's more by default of there being no white's on campus than them actively keeping white's out. Just like if you go to a party in a lilly white town there won't be any negroes afoot. HBCU's exist because segregation kept blacks out of white schools until our parents generation. White's had no interest in going there after integration since most schools were white only anyway and it's not fair to close them down but keep only the formerly white only schools open. So to attract white's they started giving scholarships on the basis of diversity. I would be shocked if these same schools have parties which ban the few majority souls cool enough to put themselves in what most would consider to be an unnecessarily uncomfortable situation.
41641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15
Bad taste, but what do you expect from fraternities / sororities? They're not knowing for housing the classiest people or being inclusive institutions. Not to mention that both, especially fraternities, are also notorious for hazing.

Still gross, tbh I'm not surprised. I've seen quite a few pictures of sorority girls and fraternity boys who've done outright blackface. Of course not all of them are like that, yet I still cease to understand the fuss when a bunch of exclusive dudebro fraternity guys go and pull something exclusionary and offensive. That's how they literally build their frat rep, by being outrageous, exclusionary, mean, so on.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/13/15

FlyinDumpling wrote: wow yale of all places
Yale is sinking!
oh... it allready sunk.. -_-

Posted 11/13/15
Well, the situation is much different than some minor responses suggest.

They are associated with the college. If they openly have a racist message (yes, targeted 1 race, excluding the rest) -> just revoke their association with the college. Yes, it is fine to invite whoever they want, but it isn't an invitation to say "whites only." My only problem is that they are doing that in association with the college. If they were some random dude-bros (yes, even at yale) ------- I wouldn't waste my time to type all this and just think, "whatever."
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 11/13/15
People can invite whoever they want to private functions. You don't have to like, respect or agree with it. It's called freedom and if you don't like it there are plenty of other countries in the world where the government tells you how live.

I'm sure there have never been any frat parties for only black students, right? Right?
Posted 11/13/15 , edited 11/13/15

dragontackle wrote:

While I do believe this is in bad taste, and shouldve just sent private invites to white students only. I think its hypocritical that we complain about white dudes wanting a white only party, but I know FOR A FACT that some schools. Especially HBCU's have black only parties. Lets be fair about this and call it what it is.

Sources: Ive been to plenty, and they were boring as hell because all everyone does is post up on the wall and judge other dudes outfits and theres maybe a few girls dancing. Then eventually someone will start a fight, then comes the gunplay. Diverse parties are always better!


You do realize that if you're white you can get a free ride to a HCBU right? Just because the only race at that party is blacks doesn't mean they restrict white people from joining. What, is it racist to have a party full of Japanese people in Japan? No, because there's no white people. I've visited some of these campuses and no where do they say "blacks only", mainly because being the minority at the party is uncomfortable enough for most to not go in the first place, whereas whites are expected to be inclusive comprising a majority of the population in nearly every population. The main problem in this situation was how they went about it, not only inviting whites they already know, but inviting whites on the sheer basis of race. Race making the only criteria that matters. Not whether or not you know this person, but race. Quite frankly I'd be offended they rather invite a dangerous white person they do know based on the fact that they're right.
3412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/15 , edited 11/13/15

Xxanthar wrote:

People can invite whoever they want to private functions. You don't have to like, respect or agree with it. It's called freedom and if you don't like it there are plenty of other countries in the world where the government tells you how live.

I'm sure there have never been any frat parties for only black students, right? Right?


Never heard of one. Considering the number of blacks of mixed race in this country who have no qualms about admitting it there's no wonder why they tend to be inclusive and welcoming. Meanwhile white's with regressive views see their blood as pure and you can find numerous threads on stormfront talking about white women they won't look at the same for commiting sexual acts with minorities, or posts on drudge report linked sights demeaning minorities as some type of subhuman apes. Even the former leader of the black panther party Huey Newton was welcoming of those white's he viewed as non opressors or revolutionaries.

Minorities in most countries tend to be accepting of other groups because they know what it's like to be outcast and stigmatized. Look at the yakuza in Japan. Most of their members are Koreans, Korean-japanese or other minorities who have been discriminated against despite their high population in places like Kyushu since before WWII. Still they are not entirely Korean and will accept members of the majority so long as their intentions are good (relatively speaking). Much of their aid during the flooding tied in with fukishima' disaster went to people in the majority.

You talk like you like the idea of America being a hate filled country where people hold intolerant views of one another. Regressive's have fanned those flames of hatred more and more since Obama was elected and deflect blame for all incidents like the south Carolina shooter on progressives. Freedom of speech is one thing but that isn't freedom to continually demean, intimidate and degrade another race like what these students are protesting on college campuses. Besides we expect more of intelligent students at Ivy League schools like Yale in 2015. As much as the students have the right to form a neonazi group on campus and not go to jail, the university has a right to expel them to protect it's image.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/13/15 , edited 11/13/15
Seems that some of you guys dont realize that here are places all around the world that dont allow white people in.
I mean you guys do know that in Japan there are places (not private parties but businesses) that have a permanent sign saying "sorry no foreigners" or "sorry Janpanese only"?
Ok so you could argue that there is ostly Japanese there and admittedly i have no idea if these are that common. But i now it can apply for brothels, strip clubs, bars, restaurants, public baths/spas, etc (well from what i have read and been told).
Imagine trying to open a place like that in a white nation/western nation/nation that claims freedom lol

But again, why would you not want girls of all races tocome to your party?
They should have put a sign "all girls welcome but no no white dudes" or something lol. I could see that causing problems though.
Come to think of it, i wouldn'y want certian races at a party of mine to be honest. Not sure about putting up a sign though?
Guess i dont now much about frat parties? do random people just come in do they?
I guess if its on campus its not really like crashing someones house party?
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Hicksville Ohio(n...
Offline
Posted 11/13/15 , edited 11/15/15
I call BS. This is what happens when you only read the title of the news story. There was no whites only signs. They only turned away people that didnt have a yale id. The people at that party told the police, people of all back grounds were present. The 3 yale frat boys checking ids that night consisted of a African American Portuguese and Costa Rican

"That night, no one with a Yale ID was turned away before 11:15 p.m Yale and New Haven police had responded to noise complaints at the party, and brothers were told not to let anyone else in, to avoid crowding. Numerous students have said a woman who was denied entrance angrily challenged the man(who is black) who stopped her, screaming: “It’s because I’m black, isn’t it?”" copy pasted from washington post




648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/13/15 , edited 11/13/15
I see nothing wrong with it, if they wanted only white girls so be it. They did put a sign for it and people like always don't follow instructions

This is not racism or sexism, it's just personal taste. The girls that went to that party know that the boys want sex (why put a sign for it?) so if they went, got drunk and had sex while drunk, it is their problem. Those girls are not little kids and calling the guys "rapists" just because they had sex with drunk girls is so wrong.


hicksvilledave wrote:

I call BS. This is what happens when you only read the title of the news story. There was no whites only signs. They only turned away people that didnt have a yale id. The people at that party told the police, people of all back grounds were present. The 3 yale frat boys checking ids that night consisted of a African American Portuguese and Costa Rican

"That night, no one with a Yale ID was turned away before 11:15 p.m Yale and New Haven police had responded to noise complaints at the party, and brothers were told not to let anyone else in, to avoid crowding. Numerous students have said a woman who was denied entrance angrily challenged the man(who is black) who stopped her, screaming: “It’s because I’m black, isn’t it?”" copy pasted from washington post






oh this is good to know!

Like always, people jump to conclusions when they don't know the full details of the story.
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 11/13/15 , edited 11/15/15

hicksvilledave wrote:

I call BS. This is what happens when you only read the title of the news story. There was no whites only signs. They only turned away people that didnt have a yale id. The people at that party told the police, people of all back grounds were present. The 3 yale frat boys checking ids that night consisted of a African American Portuguese and Costa Rican

"That night, no one with a Yale ID was turned away before 11:15 p.m Yale and New Haven police had responded to noise complaints at the party, and brothers were told not to let anyone else in, to avoid crowding. Numerous students have said a woman who was denied entrance angrily challenged the man(who is black) who stopped her, screaming: “It’s because I’m black, isn’t it?”" copy pasted from washington post






Ah, well there we have it. She lied and tried to drop the race card and play the victim to get her way She should be banned from campus.
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 11/13/15 , edited 11/15/15

orphenocou wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

People can invite whoever they want to private functions. You don't have to like, respect or agree with it. It's called freedom and if you don't like it there are plenty of other countries in the world where the government tells you how live.

I'm sure there have never been any frat parties for only black students, right? Right?


Never heard of one. Considering the number of blacks of mixed race in this country who have no qualms about admitting it there's no wonder why they tend to be inclusive and welcoming. Meanwhile white's with regressive views see their blood as pure and you can find numerous threads on stormfront talking about white women they won't look at the same for commiting sexual acts with minorities, or posts on drudge report linked sights demeaning minorities as some type of subhuman apes. Even the former leader of the black panther party Huey Newton was welcoming of those white's he viewed as non opressors or revolutionaries.

Minorities in most countries tend to be accepting of other groups because they know what it's like to be outcast and stigmatized. Look at the yakuza in Japan. Most of their members are Koreans, Korean-japanese or other minorities who have been discriminated against despite their high population in places like Kyushu since before WWII. Still they are not entirely Korean and will accept members of the majority so long as their intentions are good (relatively speaking). Much of their aid during the flooding tied in with fukishima' disaster went to people in the majority.

You talk like you like the idea of America being a hate filled country where people hold intolerant views of one another. Regressive's have fanned those flames of hatred more and more since Obama was elected and deflect blame for all incidents like the south Carolina shooter on progressives. Freedom of speech is one thing but that isn't freedom to continually demean, intimidate and degrade another race like what these students are protesting on college campuses. Besides we expect more of intelligent students at Ivy League schools like Yale in 2015. As much as the students have the right to form a neonazi group on campus and not go to jail, the university has a right to expel them to protect it's image.


Spoken like a true Social Justice Warrior racist.
3412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/15 , edited 11/13/15
Apparently there was no sign saying white girls only, unlike what the OP posted, still there's more than one source saying groups of minority girls were denied entry. Of course there's no undisputed video proof but it's still more evidence than has been used to lock up disparate portions of minorities in this country (not that anyone should be locked up over something clearly within their 1st amendment rights)


Xxanthar wrote:


orphenocou wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

People can invite whoever they want to private functions. You don't have to like, respect or agree with it. It's called freedom and if you don't like it there are plenty of other countries in the world where the government tells you how live.

I'm sure there have never been any frat parties for only black students, right? Right?


Never heard of one. Considering the number of blacks of mixed race in this country who have no qualms about admitting it there's no wonder why they tend to be inclusive and welcoming. Meanwhile white's with regressive views see their blood as pure and you can find numerous threads on stormfront talking about white women they won't look at the same for commiting sexual acts with minorities, or posts on drudge report linked sights demeaning minorities as some type of subhuman apes. Even the former leader of the black panther party Huey Newton was welcoming of those white's he viewed as non opressors or revolutionaries.

Minorities in most countries tend to be accepting of other groups because they know what it's like to be outcast and stigmatized. Look at the yakuza in Japan. Most of their members are Koreans, Korean-japanese or other minorities who have been discriminated against despite their high population in places like Kyushu since before WWII. Still they are not entirely Korean and will accept members of the majority so long as their intentions are good (relatively speaking). Much of their aid during the flooding tied in with fukishima' disaster went to people in the majority.

You talk like you like the idea of America being a hate filled country where people hold intolerant views of one another. Regressive's have fanned those flames of hatred more and more since Obama was elected and deflect blame for all incidents like the south Carolina shooter on progressives. Freedom of speech is one thing but that isn't freedom to continually demean, intimidate and degrade another race like what these students are protesting on college campuses. Besides we expect more of intelligent students at Ivy League schools like Yale in 2015. As much as the students have the right to form a neonazi group on campus and not go to jail, the university has a right to expel them to protect it's image.


Spoken like a true Social Justice Warrior racist.


I don't see how I'm a social justice warrior racist. I basically just said that minority ethnicities in most countries know what it's like to be discriminated against and tend not to be racist and that I've yet to see the type of overt racism from minorities who've been oppressed within the last 50 years that I see from the rising racist groups frequenting drudge report and stormfront you're willfully blind to. I have friends of all races and my favorite character television character is a hick republican that shoots zombies with a crossbow, I'm not really sure how that fits your straw man.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.