First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply White Frat Boy's :White Girls Only Party
7253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / "10/10" - IGN
Offline
Posted 11/13/15
People engaging in destructive lifestyles and filling their egos with stupid meaningless practices while pretending to live enlightened under Greek tradition, doing something construed as racist, and we thought it would make their case worse then it is?

Nope, not surprised, also not surprised if they're racist. I guess it's not illegal to discriminate at a party but if you wanted to attend the idiot party you can't bring logic and fairness.
646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/13/15 , edited 11/15/15

Insanerino wrote:

People engaging in destructive lifestyles and filling their egos with stupid meaningless practices while pretending to live enlightened under Greek tradition, doing something construed as racist, and we thought it would make their case worse then it is?

Nope, not surprised, also not surprised if they're racist. I guess it's not illegal to discriminate at a party but if you wanted to attend the idiot party you can't bring logic and fairness.


Read the last post, no one was racist. No one put up a sign saying "only white women". This is yet another story of POC getting offended and pulling out the race card to victimize themselves. She was not allowed because she didn't have the College's ID and no one could enter without the ID but she got mad, offended etc.



orphenocou wrote:

I don't see how I'm a social justice warrior racist. I basically just said that minority ethnicities in most countries know what it's like to be discriminated against and tend not to be racist and that I've yet to see the type of overt racism from minorities who've been oppressed within the last 50 years that I see from the rising racist groups frequenting drudge report and stormfront you're willfully blind to. I have friends of all races and my favorite character television character is a hick republican that shoots zombies with a crossbow, I'm not really sure how that fits your straw man.


I'm Hispanic, a minority, and many of us are racists, there is racism everywhere. To say that whites are the most and/or only racists is very ignorant..
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/15
I've been to a few frat parties in my day. They tend to have at least some obnoxious cliques running around at almost every party. Not all frats are remotely bad, but the rep the Greek System has tends to draw a share of a-holes. Some frats are down right awful and even predatory, but some are actually service oriented and filled with good people.

Technically a frat does have the right to do something like this, but their national organization has the right and authority to revoke their charter and basically make it so their fraternity no longer has a chapter there. The college can also declare that the actions of the fraternity are in opposition to the schools codes and revoke their recognition on campus, which prevents them from being official and they will not be able to do events or ads on campus. Both groups can also use probation and other measures to censure behavior as well. I know that at some campuses the actual frat houses are owned by the university and that use of them also requires official recognition by both the school and the organization.

It is foolish to behave this way, but that isn't unheard of with some frats. To be honest, if you do want only a specific community to attend, you should send specific invitations and note that attendance is by invitation only. This way you are at least not being rude and publicly obnoxious. Posting signs that say "_____ only" is rather bad policy in general outside of very specific limited situations (bathrooms, etc.).
3412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/15

thatgirl202 wrote:


Insanerino wrote:

People engaging in destructive lifestyles and filling their egos with stupid meaningless practices while pretending to live enlightened under Greek tradition, doing something construed as racist, and we thought it would make their case worse then it is?

Nope, not surprised, also not surprised if they're racist. I guess it's not illegal to discriminate at a party but if you wanted to attend the idiot party you can't bring logic and fairness.


Read the last post, no one was racist. No one put up a sign saying "only white women". This is yet another story of POC getting offended and pulling out the race card to victimize themselves. She was not allowed because she didn't have the College's ID and no one could enter without the ID but she got mad, offended etc.



orphenocou wrote:

I don't see how I'm a social justice warrior racist. I basically just said that minority ethnicities in most countries know what it's like to be discriminated against and tend not to be racist and that I've yet to see the type of overt racism from minorities who've been oppressed within the last 50 years that I see from the rising racist groups frequenting drudge report and stormfront you're willfully blind to. I have friends of all races and my favorite character television character is a hick republican that shoots zombies with a crossbow, I'm not really sure how that fits your straw man.


I'm Hispanic, a minority, and many of us are racists, there is racism everywhere. To say that whites are the most and/or only racists is very ignorant..


Read my post. Tell me where I said whites are the only group that harbors racists. I said I've never seen a black only party that actively restricted white's. 2 I said minorities tend to be more tolerant because they themselves have been oppressed.
I also brought up examples of Japanese discriminating against Koreans in Japan. It's a majority tend to be actively racist towards minority not all white's or only white people are racist.

Also Hispanic is somewhat of a complex race. You have Afro Cubans, Afro columbians, indigenous peoples, people who view themselves as white and survey that way in cia surveys, people who identify as indigenous etc etc. Having been to several countries in the islands, south and Central America im well aware that racism exists there. However even then it's typically darker Hispanics viewed as black I've seen discriminated against by lighter Hispanics. Much of that stems from ancestral racism dating back as far as the inquisition when the Jews and moors were kicked out of Spain. Spanish colonists more or less started the slave trade and you still have spanish in Spain throwing banana peels and making monkey noises at soccer players of African descent because of that indoctrinated racism. It's not like their former colonies would have completely escaped that way of thinking. That looking down on another race as inferior is different from the cultural distrust of gringos in Mexico or gaijin smash annoyance with clueless english speakers in Japan.
646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/13/15 , edited 11/15/15

orphenocou wrote:

Read my post. Tell me where I said whites are the only group that harbors racists. I said I've never seen a black only party that actively restricted white's. 2 I said minorities tend to be more tolerant because they themselves have been oppressed.
I also brought up examples of Japanese discriminating against Koreans in Japan. It's a majority tend to be actively racist towards minority not all white's or only white people are racist.



By saying that minorities are more tolerant just because they have been oppressed, it's like saying that whites are not tolerant (ie. more racist) just because they didn't suffer oppression.

I don't think minorities are more tolerant, there are jackasses and kind people in every place. Privilege to me is money and position. Things like skin color and gender are not privileges.

3412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/15

thatgirl202 wrote:


orphenocou wrote:

Read my post. Tell me where I said whites are the only group that harbors racists. I said I've never seen a black only party that actively restricted white's. 2 I said minorities tend to be more tolerant because they themselves have been oppressed.
I also brought up examples of Japanese discriminating against Koreans in Japan. It's a majority tend to be actively racist towards minority not all white's or only white people are racist.



By saying that minorities are more tolerant just because they have been oppressed, it's like saying that whites are not tolerant (ie. more racist) just because they didn't suffer oppression.

I don't think minorities are more tolerant, there are jackasses and kind people in every place. Privilege to me is money and position. Things like skin color and gender are not privileges.



I guess I should've added in how I also said blacks tend to be accepting of the fact that they are often have mixed race heritage here and many of them are mixed as obama has a white mother yet many conservatives still try to label him as racist against whites. You can say you don't think minorities are more tolerant but I can tell you I don't see it. Show me where minorities are posting blatantly racist and demeaning comments labeled at all whites the way stormfront is dedicated to just that. Any post that so much as mentions race on youtube, espn, yahoo etc turns into a hate fest directed at the victim. Racism is currently blatant in the white community and it's gotten more and more so that way since obama was elected and conservatives had no problem helping that hatred fester with the help of people like Ted Nugent to help them in the polls. On the other hand even the recent million man march had many white faces in the crowd. Please show me these events that say no white's allowed or find me some group of minorities ostracizing one another for "sleeping with the enemy". That's not to say there aren't miorities who hate other races its just hard to find groups of them unifying behind that banner and if you understood the history of segregation and the ethnic dynamics of the group in particular it would be easy to understand why.

Looking at how the criminal justice system handles things it's hard to say there is no such thing as racial privilege in this country. A jury of your peers has typically meant a lynch mob of racists in the south for accused minorities and part of it is due to jury nullification in how the system is set up. Of course money is a privilege too and mlks ability to unify people of all races suffering through poverty is probably what got him killed. I agree with you that there are probably an even number of assholes in every race its just overt racism is a disease that tends to more often affect those in the majority because the conditions for superiority brainwashing are ripe (which makes sense if you think about it)...
52842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/15
You would think in year 2015, the racism is thing of a past.. I can't believe its still going.. What the hell!! I'm White and Deaf. I think the racist is waste of life, the feeling hatred in this short life isn't way to live your life! :(

I don't know how anyone can live their life that way.. Fill with hatred! Its depressing to think about it! x_X
660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Greensboro North...
Offline
Posted 11/13/15

teallerina wrote:

The Frat-cunts are idiots, but it is their party and they have every right to invite whom they please. However, they should have done so differently, and invited people by private-invitation so as not to create such a scene and make people - on a multi-national/racial campus feel like shit. On the other hand, it seems the information would've leaked out either way so it is a lose-lose situation.

On the other hand, those equally idiotic idiots who turned up knowing full well they were not wanted there just made fools of themselves and probably gave the Fratties a good laugh behind their backs.

WHY turn up to a party you know you're not wanted at? You're better than that! Either they did it because they wanted to go, or they wanted to call out the Frats for their non-inclusion. Either way, it was a stupid ploy.

Again: the Frats are imbeciles, but it IS THEIR PARTY.

I don't see people complaining when it is an All-Asian Party or an All-Black Party or some other thing. Why are they only calling out whites when this nonsense happens?

This happens all the time among different racial groups.

Or is it only racist when a white person does it?

I myself am not white, but I find the double standards sickening. And no, I would have never stepped foot near their party. Or any party where I am not wanted.


I personally find it racist that all parties exclude people based on their race
Posted 11/14/15 , edited 11/15/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I haven't seen an all Asian party that blatantly said no whites. I've been to quite a number of parties with only Asians, but it's so much we invite our relatives and everyone we know versus excluding whites. You make a fair point, they should've gone by it differently and they didn't. I fail to see what point you're trying to raise when no one else is being this blatantly disrespectful.

In other words, I have not seen a Asian only party being so blatantly racist and believe you're formulating a scenario that doesn't really occur. (In the US at least.)

BTW, I believe most people wouldn't be fine, an assuming they are fine is an assumption on your part.


Actually yes: many times on college campuses where there are only Asian fraternities, they have blatantly said that only Asians are invited. Same goes for all-black/Latino/etc.etc organizations.

Someone, like I previously stated, it only becomes an issue when the student body is all white, even if they don't say they want only whites to show up. This happens over and over, and it has been featured several times in the media this year alone both in America and in other places. (Europe, for example where it happened both ways - at an all white party and an all black one). I'm pretty sure it was in the UK several months ago as well.

How am I being "blatantly disrespectful" when I pointed out the irony of this whole situation? Does that fall under "blatantly disrespectful" in today's world? Or was it because I called both parties idiots and other choice words...and I most certainly am not alone in doing so.



10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 11/14/15
Why wouldn't they be offended? That is racist. I know a lot of things are considered "racist" these days because political correctness has gone over the top. But that genuinely is racist!
3412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/14/15 , edited 11/14/15

thatgirl202 wrote:


Insanerino wrote:

People engaging in destructive lifestyles and filling their egos with stupid meaningless practices while pretending to live enlightened under Greek tradition, doing something construed as racist, and we thought it would make their case worse then it is?

Nope, not surprised, also not surprised if they're racist. I guess it's not illegal to discriminate at a party but if you wanted to attend the idiot party you can't bring logic and fairness.


Read the last post, no one was racist. No one put up a sign saying "only white women". This is yet another story of POC getting offended and pulling out the race card to victimize themselves. She was not allowed because she didn't have the College's ID and no one could enter without the ID but she got mad, offended etc.




Not entirely true: https://www.washingtonpost.com/rweb/wildcard/students-accuse-yale-frat-of-white-girls-only-policy-at-party/2015/11/02/4a73dd4ae8332f0b5b151bd265e2723e_story.html?tid=kindle-app

You have multiple sources saying the frat was blatantly and admittedly banning groups of black and Latino girls saying we only want white girls or only want blondes, then you have someone in the frat speaking pretty generally like he wasn't sure what happened after but that they were letting everyone in before 11:30.

Having been a bouncer at college parties before my guess is they did shifts and the late shift was the one made up of bigots who had to much to drink and said some idiotic things. This guy was part of the early group and made some blanket statements to try and cover his cohorts.

What I said the op is dead wrong about it would seem there was no sign saying white only. Racism often hints at a low iq but being dumb enough to leave direct physical evidence that someone could easily photograph would have me thinking yale's admissions staff needs to be fired for letting people in off of legacy alone.


LordDust wrote

Technically a frat does have the right to do something like this, but their national organization has the right and authority to revoke their charter and basically make it so their fraternity no longer has a chapter there.


This is SAE we're talking about. A frat that last made national headlines when a group of students were cheering "there will never be a ni**er in SAE. *repeat* you can hang him from a tree but he can't be friends with me, there will never be a n* in SAE."
They weren't always that way but it wouldn't be surprising if that press helped them attract some overt racists, even on the national level.


teallerina wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I haven't seen an all Asian party that blatantly said no whites. I've been to quite a number of parties with only Asians, but it's so much we invite our relatives and everyone we know versus excluding whites. You make a fair point, they should've gone by it differently and they didn't. I fail to see what point you're trying to raise when no one else is being this blatantly disrespectful.

In other words, I have not seen a Asian only party being so blatantly racist and believe you're formulating a scenario that doesn't really occur. (In the US at least.)

BTW, I believe most people wouldn't be fine, an assuming they are fine is an assumption on your part.


Actually yes: many times on college campuses where there are only Asian fraternities, they have blatantly said that only Asians are invited. Same goes for all-black/Latino/etc.etc organizations.

Someone, like I previously stated, it only becomes an issue when the student body is all white, even if they don't say they want only whites to show up. This happens over and over, and it has been featured several times in the media this year alone both in America and in other places. (Europe, for example where it happened both ways - at an all white party and an all black one). I'm pretty sure it was in the UK several months ago as well.

How am I being "blatantly disrespectful" when I pointed out the irony of this whole situation? Does that fall under "blatantly disrespectful" in today's world? Or was it because I called both parties idiots and other choice words...and I most certainly am not alone in doing so.





My grandfather was born in Cuba. I have relatives who identify as Latino, White, Afro and Native American. I have never seen any minority party that blatantly prevented white's from entering. That's not to say it couldn't happen and has never happened but I would be kind of shocked to see it happen so long as the individual or group seemed like they were down and there to have a good time. In fact if a bouncer did that at such a party they'd probably get smacked by their partner who has a white mother, father or cousin. That's just how prevalent mixed racial groups are in the black and Latino community.

I can't speak for asian parties though I've been to Asia. I've been to plenty clubs that have been filled with minorities and am never surprised to see a group of white's partying among them. It can be the most hood seeming party where they are checking people for blades in their socks at the entrance and I still see white people enter and party with no problem, hell white people typically own the club or the frat house and the minorities are just renting it from them and they'll stroll in like they own the place with no one acting like they have a problem. On the other hand I've seen the dress code suddenly updated to say no sneakers the moment a group of minorities show up to a mostly white club on several occasions.

Meanwhile you have white's entering in everything from sneakers to sandals and flip flops. It is what it is but there is a sort of purist mindset that is often prevalent among majority communities and it's been getting worse so almost unrepentantly amongst white's. Now they try to justify it as backlash against minorities protesting everything from racist poop swatstikas to being shot dead unarmed with no indictment, yet this type of racism didn't seem as accepted in the 90s despite the LA riots. It's been getting worse for some time now and I think denial is part of the problem that's helping overt racism spread
646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/15 , edited 11/15/15
^lmao

All I see from your posts are "minorities would not deny entrance/ rarely deny entrance to whites" "only whites are always like that" (that=racist)




38049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / moon
Offline
Posted 11/15/15
And what the hell is wrong with wanting to be around your own people , it shows how crazy self hatting brain washing has infected the western world .
646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/15 , edited 11/15/15

coldbloodid wrote:

And what the hell is wrong with wanting to be around your own people , it shows how crazy self hatting brain washing has infected the western world .


I agree.

No one bats an eye if it was a "only *insert non-white race*" but when it comes to whites, all hell breaks loose. It is like tumblr where being white/male/cis is a sin. lol
Posted 11/15/15

coldbloodid wrote:

And what the hell is wrong with wanting to be around your own people , it shows how crazy self hatting brain washing has infected the western world .


In the end, it's perceived intent. Don't blame us, blame your ancestors. They made white gathering look like a bad thing. Back then they gathered to lynch blacks and make fun of us Asians.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.