First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Has anyone ever asked this to yaoi/yuri fans
21856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Somewhere in Clai...
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 1/11/16
I don't want to sound like some jerk, but has anyone ever gone up to a group of yoai/yuri fans and straight up asked: "what's wrong with heterosexuality?"
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 1/11/16
I don't think they have a problem with it do they?
3326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15

Buckerss wrote:

I don't think they have a problem with it do they?


nope.

edit: only speaking for myself.
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 1/10/16
Check your fucking privileges you straight cisgendered white male, stop oppressing us with these uneducated ignorant closed minded questions.
17765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 11/12/15

Zindakku wrote:

I don't want to sound like some jerk, but has anyone ever gone up to a group of yoai/yuri fans and straight up asked: "what's wrong with heterosexuality?"


well, you do sound like a jerk. your making assumptions, and it makes you sound like an asshat.
why assume they have problems with it?
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
Yuri fan here. I have no problem with heterosexuality whatsoever. I don't know where you got the impression that yuri/yaoi fans have any qualms with it. Maybe you just have a problem with homosexuality?
859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Neptunia
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/14/15
As a fan of Yuri I can say nothing is particularly wrong with heterosexuality in literature per say. For the years of my life I've been raised with media that has depicted straight couples being lovey dovey and what not. Yuri goes against the standard of this so it's a sort of shock. Also being raised in a very homophobic family made yuri really exciting since it's like I'm watching something I shouldn't / forbidden.
Sogno- 
45722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/12/15
well no not in person but on social media i see people hating on straight ships just bc they're straight and by golly "so cliche and normal ugh bad writing"
13579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15

Sogno- wrote:

well no not in person but on social media i see people hating on straight ships just bc they're straight and by golly "so cliche and normal ugh bad writing"


THIS. I've been yelled at (On the net) when I even suggested that the straight ship had a chance. They exploded at me with the whole "so cliche and normal ugh bad writing" and how if they ended up together their whole community would boycott the show.
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/15/15

GrandMasterTime wrote:


Sogno- wrote:

well no not in person but on social media i see people hating on straight ships just bc they're straight and by golly "so cliche and normal ugh bad writing"


THIS. I've been yelled at (On the net) when I even suggested that the straight ship had a chance. They exploded at me with the whole "so cliche and normal ugh bad writing" and how if they ended up together their whole community would boycott the show.


Were you browsing Tumblr?
13579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/12/15

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:


Sogno- wrote:

well no not in person but on social media i see people hating on straight ships just bc they're straight and by golly "so cliche and normal ugh bad writing"


THIS. I've been yelled at (On the net) when I even suggested that the straight ship had a chance. They exploded at me with the whole "so cliche and normal ugh bad writing" and how if they ended up together their whole community would boycott the show.


Were you browsing Tumblr?


I only get yelled at on Tumblr for misusing gender pronouns, this happens in the comments section of a certain two websites that I refuse to name because of the nature of this site lol.
6393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 11/12/15 , edited 11/14/15
I'm a fan of same-sex (yuri/yaoi) couples but mostly to me its based on chemistry/personalities not genders. Most of the time if I do get annoyed its when things point to a same-sex pairing but the story ends up doing gymnastics to have either a straight relationship or (for manga/anime) harem ending (because better to keep harem members pining over someone they won't get with rather than go with someone else). As for fan's annoying me, its usually when same-sex ships are treated as 'just close friends' and they proceed to say how any and every romantic gesture is 'just something friends do' rather than having romantic implications; otherwise I just see them as shippers of a different ship.
4458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
n/a
Offline
Posted 11/12/15

Zindakku wrote:

I don't want to sound like some jerk, but has anyone ever gone up to a group of yoai/yuri fans and straight up asked: "what's wrong with heterosexuality?"


they would say: "um NOTHING wrong with it... just that in anime hetero relationships are depicted so lame and unbelievably boring and that Yaoi and yuri stuff is just better written."
4458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
n/a
Offline
Posted 11/12/15

Krowzin wrote:

As a fan of Yuri I can say nothing is particularly wrong with heterosexuality in literature per say. For the years of my life I've been raised with media that has depicted straight couples being lovey dovey and what not. Yuri goes against the standard of this so it's a sort of shock. Also being raised in a very homophobic family made yuri really exciting since it's like I'm watching something I shouldn't / forbidden.


you're a guy watching yuri it's not that forbidden
4458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
n/a
Offline
Posted 11/12/15

GrandMasterTime wrote:


Sogno- wrote:

well no not in person but on social media i see people hating on straight ships just bc they're straight and by golly "so cliche and normal ugh bad writing"


THIS. I've been yelled at (On the net) when I even suggested that the straight ship had a chance. They exploded at me with the whole "so cliche and normal ugh bad writing" and how if they ended up together their whole community would boycott the show.


BUT straight ship/relationship most likely will happen so no point in shipping something that will happen ... IS probably the mentality
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.