First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply So what do you think of Overwatch?
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/14/15 , edited 12/14/15
Stuff ain't free so free to play right now not a chance!
But later it could drop in price or more money driven but who likes that?

TF2 clone for 60$.... *facepalm*
but else yes its a "clone" of how its going to be and more push focused also with longer maps but more fluid? and faster (seems like its not as much stops as in TF2 where the cart would just be in one place for over 10 or more minutes)

and sure thing... K/D is not a focus.. its about support classes and heavy strikers (those who push and those who kill/gets the kill)
also there will be a balance so you can't just have a team full of heavy hitters or you will fail (unless the other team gets themself killed by not knowing what to counter with.
6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/14/15

Freddy96NO wrote:

Stuff ain't free so free to play right now not a chance!
But later it could drop in price or more money driven but who likes that?

TF2 clone 60$.... *facepalm*

and sure thing... K/D is not a focus.. its about support classes and heavy strikers (those who push and those who kill/gets the kill)
also there will be a balance so you can't just have a team full of heavy hitters or you will fail (unless the other team gets themself killed by not knowing what to counter with.


The game is more like a mix of a bunch of FPS' and MOBAs.
Not everyone likes spending 100 hours to unlock one character or spend hundreds of dollars to unlock them all.
I'd rather spend the $40 upfront and have all the content available to me.
and like MOBAs your team would be a lot better if you and your friends are playing together.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/14/15 , edited 12/14/15

SoulHamster wrote: and like MOBAs your team would be a lot better if you and your friends are playing together.
.... what do you consider a MOBA?
-_- also yes thats what I meant its easier that way and get everything so you have the same actions/counters for other classes/abilites like TB said about the game.

but also yes microtransactions are not allways good so long its done right but thats a rare sight
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/14/15
Played, thought it was okay. Still looking for a fps that understands the concept of ballistics and basic physics though. As a soldier I find it insulting anyone thinks guns operate that way. Especially the developers of FPS games..Hire a fucking soldier to do your physics coding and not some brain dead kid out of collage and maybe your guns will operate like they are suppose to. The entire damn army is filled with coders with combat experience looking for jobs after their time in uniform is done, hire one of them already for heaven's sake.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/14/15 , edited 12/14/15

Ranwolf wrote: Played, thought it was okay. Still looking for a fps that understands the concept of ballistics and basic physics though. As a soldier I find it insulting anyone thinks guns operate that way. Especially the developers of FPS games..Hire a fucking soldier to do your physics coding and not some brain dead kid out of collage and maybe your guns will operate like they are suppose to.
wut?..
you want realism in this game? I am utter confused by that and why that would be anything worth execpt having guns feeling powerfull etc.

Go to SQUAD or D.U.S.T for such
http://store.steampowered.com/app/353690
http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/

And most games DON'T want "realism" on guns and many makes them more arcady for Gameplay reasons! (like Arma 3, Insurgency)
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/14/15 , edited 12/14/15

Freddy96NO wrote:

wut?..
you want realism in this game? I am utter confused by that and why that would be anything worth execpt having guns feeling powerfull etc.

Go to SQUAD or D.U.S.T for such
http://store.steampowered.com/app/353690
http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/



And this is where I laugh heartily at your stupidity and inexperience. If you wanted powerful feeling guns with immediate results you'd want realism. of course I suppose your ignorance does stem from an utter lack of combat experience. Guns in real life , used against real targets, especially military grade ones pack a hell of more punch then any video game I played shows. Do you know what a .338 Lapua Magunm round does to a human body 800 meters away let alone five feet away?

And by the way those two games come nowhere near the realism of combat or even a real understanding of ballistics. Then again the basement dwelling coders think a b.s in physics makes them masters of how combat works and how fire arms works so it's not surprising.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/14/15 , edited 12/14/15

Ranwolf wrote: Then again the basement dwelling coders think a b.s in physics makes them masters of how combat works and how fire arms works so it's not surprising.
no they don't think they are masters (atleast most of them), and why do you think they try to make it 100% real? ugh...
I have been on a shooting range and those old rilfes are damn heavy.

also its hard to get a stable real life exp drops MP and in fast past with alot of moving models (alot of poly) and would make it even worse for hitboxes SO NO... WHY would you want something to Ruin you PvP exp?

13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 12/14/15
I'm disappointed that Overwatch costs at least 50-60 Euro's, because I was looking forwards a shooter from Blizzard pretty much.
Think I'm sticking with CSGO instead. :[
Posted 12/15/15
I don't feel the need to play it. When it comes to games in this genre we're rather spoiled for choice at least on PC.
Two biggest titles in this genre are dirt cheap, TF2 is free and CSGO can be had for less than $15 etc plus others like Left for Dead and Natural Selection for similar prices.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/15/15

nooneinparticular wrote: Natural Selection 2
oh yess! XD made some maps never got finished
else every game you said execpt TF2 are like Overwatch though... Overwatch is more like an "upgraded" TF2 game both visual, MP coding/servers, and so on.

Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15

Ranwolf wrote:


Freddy96NO wrote:

wut?..
you want realism in this game? I am utter confused by that and why that would be anything worth execpt having guns feeling powerfull etc.

Go to SQUAD or D.U.S.T for such
http://store.steampowered.com/app/353690
http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/



And this is where I laugh heartily at your stupidity and inexperience. If you wanted powerful feeling guns with immediate results you'd want realism. of course I suppose your ignorance does stem from an utter lack of combat experience. Guns in real life , used against real targets, especially military grade ones pack a hell of more punch then any video game I played shows. Do you know what a .338 Lapua Magunm round does to a human body 800 meters away let alone five feet away?

And by the way those two games come nowhere near the realism of combat or even a real understanding of ballistics. Then again the basement dwelling coders think a b.s in physics makes them masters of how combat works and how fire arms works so it's not surprising.


Please don't call anyone stupid. It's hurtful and condescending. Even if they don't type legibly.
5070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 12/18/15
Its fun. Not sure where people are getting the moba-ish thing ive see a lot of people say this, other then the fact that your abilities have a cooldown i dont see it. i didn't get that but its defiantly fun for someone with 1000 hours in TF2. This is basically a TF2 clone in a good way. Im not sure i can swallow the $40 price but who knows if there are enough maps Ill pay up, I just dont think my friends will, too many free to play shooters out there including TF2.
776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Cleveland, OH
Offline
Posted 12/18/15
So. freaking. stoked.

I've been watching Dodger (dexbonus/presshearttocontinue) and Jesse Cox play on their Twitch streams, and it looks like such a fun time. Really bummed that the beta waves have been limited, but that seems pretty commonplace for Blizzard at this point.

More importantly, I think this is the first Blizzard game that REALLY resonates with me story-wise. I like WoW and Starcraft just fine, but I'm not knee-deep in high-fantasy or straight science fiction, so I am more into it when other elements are involved. The trailer got me hooked because it had the look and feel of a high-budget Pixar production, and I'm eager to see the lore that hasn't been revealed yet.

From what I've seen of the interface, I feel like I have no right to judge it since I haven't played it yet. But it looks sleek as hell.
8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't see why many people are looking for Team Based Games when so many of you are terrible at it/don't even try to escort your teammates around the battlefield.


I don't understand your reasoning at ALL. you're speaking like people that don't play shooter games are lining up to play this for some reason. as far as people that dont play the objective errr that's just what happens when you have random people in anything even in a forum ( people replying to comments without checking if someone else said what you're saying already.


Freddy96NO wrote:

Stuff ain't free so free to play right now not a chance!
But later it could drop in price or more money driven but who likes that?

TF2 clone for 60$.... *facepalm*
but else yes its a "clone" of how its going to be and more push focused also with longer maps but more fluid? and faster (seems like its not as much stops as in TF2 where the cart would just be in one place for over 10 or more minutes)

and sure thing... K/D is not a focus.. its about support classes and heavy strikers (those who push and those who kill/gets the kill)
also there will be a balance so you can't just have a team full of heavy hitters or you will fail (unless the other team gets themself killed by not knowing what to counter with.


Sorry for singling you out but yeah i pick you. what do you mean this is a team fortress 2 clone? i've played both games and you saying that this is a clone is like me saying GTA is a call of duty clone because they both have guns. What's the worst thing is that i keep seeing this comment in this thread which means that either you're all doing some hive mind nonsense because you're salty that the game costs money or you're all just spouting the same nonsense to "try" and sound cool. there is too much nonsense in your comment actually.....

Yes i'm picking this game up because it's unique and there is nothing like it at the moment, even if some people can't differentiate between 2 completely different things
Posted 12/19/15

Em0SceneStabr wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't see why many people are looking for Team Based Games when so many of you are terrible at it/don't even try to escort your teammates around the battlefield.


I don't understand your reasoning at ALL. you're speaking like people that don't play shooter games are lining up to play this for some reason. as far as people that dont play the objective errr that's just what happens when you have random people in anything even in a forum ( people replying to comments without checking if someone else said what you're saying already.


Freddy96NO wrote:

Stuff ain't free so free to play right now not a chance!
But later it could drop in price or more money driven but who likes that?

TF2 clone for 60$.... *facepalm*
but else yes its a "clone" of how its going to be and more push focused also with longer maps but more fluid? and faster (seems like its not as much stops as in TF2 where the cart would just be in one place for over 10 or more minutes)

and sure thing... K/D is not a focus.. its about support classes and heavy strikers (those who push and those who kill/gets the kill)
also there will be a balance so you can't just have a team full of heavy hitters or you will fail (unless the other team gets themself killed by not knowing what to counter with.


Sorry for singling you out but yeah i pick you. what do you mean this is a team fortress 2 clone? i've played both games and you saying that this is a clone is like me saying GTA is a call of duty clone because they both have guns. What's the worst thing is that i keep seeing this comment in this thread which means that either you're all doing some hive mind nonsense because you're salty that the game costs money or you're all just spouting the same nonsense to "try" and sound cool. there is too much nonsense in your comment actually.....

Yes i'm picking this game up because it's unique and there is nothing like it at the moment, even if some people can't differentiate between 2 completely different things

My reasoning is this. A lot of people play an objective team based game like a normal shooter, but that's not how it works. I can understand if you're new or inexperienced to the genre, but this is ridiculous.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.