First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply So what do you think of Overwatch?
3710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 5/21/16

demo_Animation wrote:

60$ for a Team Fortress 2 clone?
I'm good.


I can see why a lot of people think it's a clone -- but before you assume as such you should view the 3 part series on Youtube about how Overwatch was created, and also read reviews by fans of both games. Many TF2 fans who hissed that it was simply a clone have rescinded their words stating it's much different from what they expected it to be.

But you are correct when you say that Blizzard took some of the good points from TF2 and applied them to their game. But they took the best parts of other FPS and shooting games and applied them as well. It wasn't just TF2.
50278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Phatuum Thani, Th...
Offline
Posted 5/21/16

Kerensa wrote:


demo_Animation wrote:

60$ for a Team Fortress 2 clone?
I'm good.


I can see why a lot of people think it's a clone -- but before you assume as such you should view the 3 part series on Youtube about how Overwatch was created, and also read reviews by fans of both games. Many TF2 fans who hissed that it was simply a clone have rescinded their words stating it's much different from what they expected it to be.

But you are correct when you say that Blizzard took some of the good points from TF2 and applied them to their game. But they took the best parts of other FPS and shooting games and applied them as well. It wasn't just TF2. :)


I take back my statement I made after I saw the first gameplay trailer (That really did look like a modded TF2 match).
It does look pretty nice.
Posted 5/21/16
Can't wait for tuesday to come so I can have fun playing a competitive video game again :^)
3710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 5/22/16

demo_Animation wrote:


Kerensa wrote:


demo_Animation wrote:

60$ for a Team Fortress 2 clone?
I'm good.


I can see why a lot of people think it's a clone -- but before you assume as such you should view the 3 part series on Youtube about how Overwatch was created, and also read reviews by fans of both games. Many TF2 fans who hissed that it was simply a clone have rescinded their words stating it's much different from what they expected it to be.

But you are correct when you say that Blizzard took some of the good points from TF2 and applied them to their game. But they took the best parts of other FPS and shooting games and applied them as well. It wasn't just TF2. :)


I take back my statement I made after I saw the first gameplay trailer (That really did look like a modded TF2 match).
It does look pretty nice.


I'm glad you gave it another shot.
bakoi 
2289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Greensboro, NC
Offline
Posted 5/22/16
I've played the beta and I'm looking forward to it. I'm definitely going to get it. At worst it could suck, and I'll just resell it.
7974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Minne-snow-ta!
Offline
Posted 5/22/16
We need more people willing to play support from time to time. Getting stuck playing support most of the time is kinda annoying especially when people split up and go far ahead only to get annihilated by the whole enemy team. 1v5 is almost never going to be successful, especially if the enemy team is smart not to clump together. Hopefully it was only because it was a beta.
478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Nirn
Offline
Posted 5/23/16
Love, love, love it!
33388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/23/16
It's great so far <3
9232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 5/24/16
I've only had a chance to play a couple rounds against bots and it was kind of sad, really. Way too easy - i had a 39 killstreak and got play of the game for mounting the payload and killing all the enemy bots. I know for a fact I'll be lucky to break the double digits on killstreaks against human players. It feels like training against bots is kind of a bad idea unless it's to train yourself how to play a new hero.

That said I'm kind of lost as to who to play aside from D.Va. She's just too fun, rocket boosting into punch, rocket boosting into self-destruct, infinite ammo shotties...
10826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/24/16
It is fun with friends, frustrating solo play
32709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / So-Cal
Offline
Posted 5/24/16
didn't play the beta but picked it up today and loving it so far, i do agree that some random groups people just play kinda wild just thirsting for kills but other than that good so far
26086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 5/26/16 , edited 5/26/16
So far, I really dig it. After the beta ended all I wanted to do was play it. Unfortunately I've been sick the last few days so I haven't gotten to play too much.

I do find it frustrating dealing with people who will only play one hero, regardless of what the team/situation calls for.

Posted 5/27/16
I've played about 15 hours so far and I'm really enjoying it.
9052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
just picked it up and loving it so far. Haven't tried it with friends yet, hope to do that soon. Honestly I can see how some people would say it is a clone of TF2 or some other things but I really like it much more, it just feels different. Also lots of fun characters, fun maps, etc.
1197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 6/1/16
At first I wasn't real impressed with Overwatch, but i ended up giving it another chance and I found my love in the game playing as a support. I also enjoy playing as D-Va. If I'm on any other character, chances are I'll probably suck super bad.

P.S. please carry me.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.