First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
'New' Anime
35092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/6/07
I happen to like Lucky Star.
Posted 7/6/07
Lucky star isnt nearly as good As Azu but i still found it entertianing i think in the first episode where konata does the street fighter bit basically pulled me in. Haru....never got into much i just didnt enjoy it

Edit- Rewatched Haruhi in sept. I found the silver lining in it and i highly enjoyed the show a second watch through.


Trevor (OP)
20230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/6/07
~Removed some posts.
1723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Brooklyn,N.Y. U.S.A
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
It takes a certain sense of humor to get Lucky Star or Azumanga, there good shows to watch when you want relax and giggle. The best part of Lucky star is Lucky Channel, its like a little news type thing, but not, the female host Akira has some problems. And then theres the ending when there in karaoke, they sing different songs for the ending its really cool.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
i had deaf and dumb. romance and souji- ai
7520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi!!!!
Posted 10/31/07
i watched Lucky Star and Azuma but it was likke kinda borin BUT Haruhi is awesome i seriously liked koz its like ther is a storline kinda at the same time the characters are prettyy good and so on
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Dame Cabesa
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
Reasons why people keep bashing on Haruhi:

1. Hasn't even seen the series, but blasts it, because of the fact that it's popular. Ironically, some of these people watch crap like Naruto religiously. Quite a double standard.

2. Has seen the series, but doesn't really understand the quality behind it. What they'd prefer is shallow action, melodrama or sappy romance. And because a Haruhi doesn't place emphasis on these things, they feel it sucks. Which is okay. If they want to be immature about anime, then it's no skin off my back. I'd like to think people who do understand the anime have a more refined taste.

3. Thinking it's "cool" to not like "popular" anime.
849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / philippines (metr...
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
lucky star
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
Referring to haruhi as a an azumanga daioh rip off is just absurd and ignorant. aside from sharing school girls as main protaganists... what in god's name do they have in common? Aside from the OPs disdain for them, which is all this really is.

lucky star? yeah, i'd call it an azumanga daioh rip off, just with more anime nerd jokes. i enjoyed lucky star, but azumanga daioh beats the shit out of it hands down.

Elfen Lied isn't a classic. It's a steaming pile of shit that relies on gore and shock value to impress it's appropriately juvenile audience. The only redeeming features it has are a fantastic opening (Klimt FTW) and an entertaining first episode.

Furthermore, condemning lucky star and haruhi because they enjoy weeaboo popularity while lifting up azumanga daioh, elfen lied and cowboy bebop is also ridicolous. each of those series are far more popular with weeaboos, though the others have of recent received a bit more attention. remember, weeabooism isn't anything new... all those series you mentioned were once raped by the fandom just like current series are.

honestly, if i were a mod, i'd just lock this thread. it has no supporting arguments supporting the OPs opinion, contributes absolutely nothing, and is little more than a soapbox for a rant. There are plenty of complaints that can be made about the current generation of anime, but this topic doesn't articulate a one of them.
Posted 10/31/07

azrael910 wrote:

Referring to haruhi as a an azumanga daioh rip off is just absurd and ignorant. aside from sharing school girls as main protaganists... what in god's name do they have in common? Aside from the OPs disdain for them, which is all this really is.

lucky star? yeah, i'd call it an azumanga daioh rip off, just with more anime nerd jokes. i enjoyed lucky star, but azumanga daioh beats the shit out of it hands down.

Elfen Lied isn't a classic. It's a steaming pile of shit that relies on gore and shock value to impress it's appropriately juvenile audience. The only redeeming features it has are a fantastic opening (Klimt FTW) and an entertaining first episode.

Furthermore, condemning lucky star and haruhi because they enjoy weeaboo popularity while lifting up azumanga daioh, elfen lied and cowboy bebop is also ridicolous. each of those series are far more popular with weeaboos, though the others have of recent received a bit more attention. remember, weeabooism isn't anything new... all those series you mentioned were once raped by the fandom just like current series are.

honestly, if i were a mod, i'd just lock this thread. it has no supporting arguments supporting the OPs opinion, contributes absolutely nothing, and is little more than a soapbox for a rant. There are plenty of complaints that can be made about the current generation of anime, but this topic doesn't articulate a one of them.


God damn you i was going to go on a Anti- Elfen Lied rant....
Fuck it i'll do it anyhow.

Ehh this show (Elfen Lied)....IMO was just half assed packaged mediocrity... Its riddled with plot holes. Totally deviated from the manga. They threw in the lamest excuses of showing naked little girls (when it gets predictable you know its forced in) just generated random sad events & histories put in overdone and cliche "cute" characteristics along with GALLONS of blood and severed limbs a touch of harem and slapped a name on it. The whole father/daughter dynamic had about the psychological depth of a puddle. i don't think its strong on any point it just has shock value that gets misinterpreted as convincing and relevant content......in other words.....i feel its a slight fail and not a classic by any means.

We've already established Jay hates Haurhis fan base not to much the show it's self

Trevor (OP)
10921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
Is Elfen Lied and Wolfs Rain any good?
Posted 10/31/07
yeah those series don't fall in my likings
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 10/31/07

sexygurlfosho wrote:

Is Elfen Lied and Wolfs Rain any good?


Elfen Lied is boring and simplistic, but you're young enough to enjoy it.

Wolf's Rain I thought was quite good, though not exceptional. It's slow and awkward at times, but I really liked the post-apocalyptic world it built. It's another one of those animes that don't spoon feed you, so it'll take some thought to dig into, but it's production quality, cinematography, and soundtrack are so exceptional even if you don't understand a damned thing it's still beautiful to watch. Seriously, Studio Bones and Yoko Kanno - how exactly can this turn out bad again?


kyocool wrote:

God damn you i was going to go on a Anti- Elfen Lied rant....
Fuck it i'll do it anyhow.


haha beat you to it, though you put it better than i did.
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Dame Cabesa
Offline
Posted 10/31/07

azrael910 wrote:


sexygurlfosho wrote:

Is Elfen Lied and Wolfs Rain any good?


Elfen Lied is boring and simplistic, but you're young enough to enjoy it.

Wolf's Rain I thought was quite good, though not exceptional. It's slow and awkward at times, but I really liked the post-apocalyptic world it built. It's another one of those animes that don't spoon feed you, so it'll take some thought to dig into, but it's production quality, cinematography, and soundtrack are so exceptional even if you don't understand a damned thing it's still beautiful to watch. Seriously, Studio Bones and Yoko Kanno - how exactly can this turn out bad again?


kyocool wrote:

God damn you i was going to go on a Anti- Elfen Lied rant....
Fuck it i'll do it anyhow.


haha beat you to it, though you put it better than i did.

Elfen Lied wasn't boring to me. Sure it isn't the greatest thing ever, but half-assed: action,drama,comedy, and romance is what I enjoy.

7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 10/31/07

Plagiarize wrote:

Elfen Lied wasn't boring to me. Sure it isn't the greatest thing ever, but half-assed: action,drama,comedy, and romance is what I enjoy.



And that is perfectly fine. As long one doesn't run around calling mediocre anime "zomg fucking epic" it's ok to enjoy something for what it is.

Sort of how I like Lucky Star. I really did enjoy it, but I'm aware it isn't god's gift to anime.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.