Post Reply Gargantia inspired Car wrap in NFS
48995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Noctilum
Offline
Posted 11/18/15 , edited 12/2/15
Took me 6 hours actually. So much small shapes and pinpoint placing. Thoughts and opinions? I also made one randomly of Zygarde from Pokémon but maybe some other time.

Post some of yours if you have the game!

Front resembles his face, yet I put his core on the hood.


The rest of the pics!
13899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 11/18/15 , edited 11/18/15
Looks bad ass, how does this NFS compare to older ones like Most Wanted and Underground?
48995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Noctilum
Offline
Posted 11/18/15

HoldenSamuel wrote:

Looks bad ass, how does this NFS compare to older ones like Most Wanted and Underground?


It's a mix of basically all the good stuff from the past NFS games put into one. Although it's eternally night and dawn similar to Underground. (they've all been eternal on one part of the day anyway)
-Police are still here
- iconic super cars from the wayyy back in the deep roots of NFS before Underground like the Lambo Diablo and Ferrari F40 are here (I got the Deluxe Edition, so I got the BMW M3 GTR as my starter car from Most Wanted)
- car customization as you can see
-has this nice dynamic camera that I personally love to have (you can change it though)
-personalized handling for cars for your personal preference.
Many others, ask questions I may be able to answer.

-All future DLC are confirmed free, and they are very open to feedback with the first patch coming soon fixing people's concerns and wants (people asked for neon for example, they're adding it)

If I were to nitpick stuff about the game:
-no drag races
-5 cars in your garage only but Like they said they want you to feel that you worked on your 5 cars a lot. Like, make it very personal. I actually understand that reason. I have 5 cars and I don't feel like I need any more. All personally picked cars for me and they are great.
-editor needs some tweaks, otherwise it's easy to deal with.
-it's alwayssss online, can't pause at all. Like, it's all online to even play. Like, if you're facing NPCs, other online players can join, or sometimes hit you while racing if they're just roaming, etc. Its very open, but not too bad. You get used to it.
-somewhat not much stuff to do after the game, but I find hours just customizing cars like above. Its way more fun if you have friends to play with you and create a crew.

Okay wall of text done. That's all I could get off the top of my head for now.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15
Still love how the old 2005 most wanted really went through all the city and if I am right it had more "paths" for different cars?
48995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Noctilum
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

Freddy96NO wrote:

Still love how the old 2005 most wanted really went through all the city and if I am right it had more "paths" also for different cars.


I don't understand what you mean for both statements.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15

Garuda475 wrote: I don't understand what you mean for both statements.
No I just had the feeling the newer was more "on rails" or rather "on tracks" and more the one who drives better and has a better car.

while I think the old one had more shortcuts, incoming traffic etc to make it more skill based and what car you used?
Also the soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK5Dw7j1QZM
and I just love the color scheme and how it was more "underground" and darker of more "common" cars not all clean ++$ cars.
Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdkZaxGD4tY
this alone shows the rush I had with it and when the police sequnce comes into the race like OMG!! FUCK!
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15
Does it transform? It looks like it could.


Might belong in the creative arts section, but whatever.
13899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
Haha yeah I definitely liked the older games better, I've only played one of the newer games (2012: NFS Most Wanted) and it was absolute garbage. So I'm kind of jaded on all the new games, I still love how the old underground (2004: NFS Underground 2) you would go take photo shoots for magazines after a certain amount of progression and you only had limited amounts of money to customize a few cars. The old most wanted (2005: NFS Most Wanted) was so good, loved the chance of getting the pink slip for the bosses cars allowing you to amass a ton of cars that were all unique and fun to use. Then lastly (2006: NFS Carbon) was good I guess, don't remeber as much about it, I think the partner system was kind of cool, but yeah the games have gone way downhill, don't know which one your playing but it sounds cool, maybe they have gotten better.
48995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Noctilum
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15

HoldenSamuel wrote:

Haha yeah I definitely liked the older games better, I've only played one of the newer games (2012: NFS Most Wanted) and it was absolute garbage. So I'm kind of jaded on all the new games, I still love how the old underground (2004: NFS Underground 2) you would go take photo shoots for magazines after a certain amount of progression and you only had limited amounts of money to customize a few cars. The old most wanted (2005: NFS Most Wanted) was so good, loved the chance of getting the pink slip for the bosses cars allowing you to amass a ton of cars that were all unique and fun to use. Then lastly (2006: NFS Carbon) was good I guess, don't remeber as much about it, I think the partner system was kind of cool, but yeah the games have gone way downhill, don't know which one your playing but it sounds cool, maybe they have gotten better.


Aw dang seriously? I actually loved Most Wanted 2012. It was different. I know you couldn't customize you car, but it really made it fun playing with other people.

Plus this reboots is basically, like I said, back to the old NFS roots, although a mix of the classic and the popular. Super cars and urban street racing.

What sold me was the closed beta, it had problems, and the game still does, but like I said, Ghost Games is open to suggestions and they're really listening to fans on what they want with patches and free DLC.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Does it transform? It looks like it could.


Might belong in the creative arts section, but whatever.


Could it? I'm not sure. I was also on the fence of even putting this on the Anime section since it's about Chamber but I just put it in the gaming section to be safe.


Freddy96NO wrote:


Garuda475 wrote: I don't understand what you mean for both statements.
No I just had the feeling the newer was more "on rails" or rather "on tracks" and more the one who drives better and has a better car.

while I think the old one had more shortcuts, incoming traffic etc to make it more skill based and what car you used?
Also the soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK5Dw7j1QZM
and I just love the color scheme and how it was more "underground" and darker of more "common" cars not all clean ++$ cars.
Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdkZaxGD4tY
this alone shows the rush I had with it and when the police sequnce comes into the race like OMG!! FUCK!


Well then again the things you mentioned can also be implemented in this game. It is during the night, but there's still good amount of civilians driving around that you need quick reactions to turn or brake. There are traffics and back alleys too, used to hide from cops, and turning off your engine helps make the process go faster.
You can also do Crew races where you go to the canyons and drift with friends, the closer you are together, the better points your style of drifting, which they call a Drift Train. It's pretty great having 7 cars make one line and drift simultaneously (if you're good at it) down the mountains.

Most of the people that really talk bad about the game haven't really tried it and just basically jump to conclusions due to past installments, but in the end, it's all extreme personal opinions and nostalgia goggles.
13899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
I'll admit to not fully utilizing the online multiplayer for (2012: Most Wanted) which may have been a major focus and taken away from some of the single player aspects, but I think that in some cases is where the problem lies. If you have to sacrifice some parts of your game to focus on others is it worth it? That aside the 7 person drift train sounds sick and I can definitely see how cruising with your friends would be badass! Can you get into cop chases with your friends as well?
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

Garuda475 wrote: and nostalgia goggles.
well I think its more less of the same "game" and was not the older ones more arcade then the newer ones could also be a HUGE problem.

Since they focus so much on graphic and "realism" and forgot how the older titles was or played like burnout revenge, but if they really wanted to call it need for speed I would expect a need for speed game.
Could they just not make a new title its getting annoying like call of duty is less about the WW's

48995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Noctilum
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

HoldenSamuel wrote:




The events though is either way. when you start a race alone, you're gonna be with AI. but if another online player is beside you on the starting line, they can join you in the race along with the AI and do the race that way. and again, way more fun with friends.

to the cop thing,

In a way yes. If one racer is getting chased, and you do something to get their attention (speeding, destruction of property, hitting the cop yourself etc.) They'll start warning you and call backup. (there's this small feature where if a cop sees you, he will try to pull you over and you are able to pay a fine so he won't chase you. But you're an illegal street racer so who would do that? Just run.) Fines start from like, 100 to 200 bucks, and then, if you keep driving, it becomes resisting arrest and they will chase you down. At first, they're pretty bad at chasing you (if you have like, a maxed out car anyway) but once Heat 3 and above comes in, the Dodge Chargers start coming in. There's also 2 road blocks. The one you can smash through and the invincible ones blocked by Police trucks and concrete barricades. You have no choice but to turn around. I personally have not gotten far enough to 5 heat even after doing a gruesome 11 minute chase (they are relentless later on) but I just know that spikes strips are on Heat 4 or 5. If you're hit, you're basically screwed, just like how it was in MW.



Freddy96NO wrote:


Garuda475 wrote: and nostalgia goggles.
well I think its more less of the same "game" and was not the older ones more arcade then the newer ones could also be a HUGE problem.

Since they focus so much on graphic and "realism" and forgot how the older titles was or played like burnout revenge, but if they really wanted to call it need for speed I would expect a need for speed game.
Could they just not make a new title its getting annoying like call of duty is less about the WW's





Well I'm just saying that it's pretty different from the previous games now. They're willing to change the game through player suggestions and feedback. Putting back neon lights is proof of that on the upcoming patch update.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

Garuda475 wrote: Well I'm just saying that it's pretty different from the previous games now. They're willing to change the game through player suggestions and feedback. Putting back neon lights is proof of that on the upcoming patch update.
hm... well thats aesthetics though -__-

48995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Noctilum
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


Garuda475 wrote: Well I'm just saying that it's pretty different from the previous games now. They're willing to change the game through player suggestions and feedback. Putting back neon lights is proof of that on the upcoming patch update.
hm... well thats aesthetics though -__-



That was an example. It's what people asked for so they put it. People also asked to fix the rubberbanding. People also asked for better AI on the cops. People asked for extra wrap editor features. all those.
21224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15
Bro! I love it! You did an awesome job with that wrap. I need to step up my game with these cars now, I feel like I haven't done anything with my cars compared to this! Thought I'd share them anyway though!







All Images taken from my 9gag account!
http://9gag.com/u/notkiririn/posts
You must be logged in to post.