First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Fall 2015 Hidden Gems
22950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15
For hidden gem I have 2 that got zero hype

Shomin Sample- really entertaining

Kagewani- I was really critical of Campy- IPhone animation style at first but the stories are really good and suspenseful no wasted film footage it has made me a fan and again this show came from no where like maybe a college kid did it?
Le_Dom 
16895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Montreal
Online
Posted 11/21/15 , edited 11/21/15
I'd say Mr.Osomatsu, but I also see lots of fanarts (most of them being crossover with other series) being posted on Twitter and the CR staff certainly likes it a lot too! Still, I could recommand it to just about anyone who likes anime, plenty of different things to love about it.

I haven't dropped anything, but there are quite a few I'm only watching out of morbid curiosity or because of a naive hope that it will pick up down the line (Mappa....I can tell that most of your budget is going to Ushio and Tora right now because Garo is....yeah)
60 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 11/26/15
1)))))) i wouldnt really call it hidden but for me, Anti-Magic Academy is my main anime this season


2)))))) Beautiful Bones, while i think the anime is great so far, and i really like the art style, I just don't really look forward to watching the next episode like i do with other anime i watch


P.S. i am looking for some anime to watch in between seasonal anime, it doesnt necessarily have to be on crunchyroll, i really like romance/comedy/action that kind of thing, thanks!
13811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Offline
Posted 11/26/15
Anti-magic academy actually caught me off guard with how good the dialogue and characters were.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 11/26/15 , edited 11/26/15

BatmanFnIG wrote:

1)))))) i wouldnt really call it hidden but for me, Anti-Magic Academy is my main anime this season


2)))))) Beautiful Bones, while i think the anime is great so far, and i really like the art style, I just don't really look forward to watching the next episode like i do with other anime i watch


P.S. i am looking for some anime to watch in between seasonal anime, it doesnt necessarily have to be on crunchyroll, i really like romance/comedy/action that kind of thing, thanks!


I recommend JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OR Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun. Both have comedy and if you have already seen those Anime, then great! If not, here are the links!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure

http://www.crunchyroll.com/monthly-girls-nozaki-kun
60 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 11/26/15 , edited 11/26/15
Thanks!
2347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/9/15
Hidden gems for me:

Chivalry of a failed knight, Asterisk War, Anti-magic academy, Comet lucifer, and the perfect insider.

Dropped:

Lances and Masques
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15
Alright, everyone! The final episodes of Fall 2015 are airing starting next week!

Name your hidden gems while you still can!
19126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15
tbh it was an overall poor season
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

bobland wrote:

tbh it was an overall poor season


Ahh, but that is where you are wrong, my fellow Crunchy.

This season had a lot of decent to good Anime. Actually, that's how it has been for a while now. You know, a lot of C-rank and B-rank Animes with a little bit of A-rank Animes as well.

I can name you at least a couple of B and A-rank Anime that make this season not so bad!
15596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / my room
Offline
Posted 12/13/15
hidden (relatively) gem would have to be OSOMATSU-SAN
945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12/13/15
Kagewani
19126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

JuJu26 wrote:


bobland wrote:

tbh it was an overall poor season


Ahh, but that is where you are wrong, my fellow Crunchy.

This season had a lot of decent to good Anime. Actually, that's how it has been for a while now. You know, a lot of C-rank and B-rank Animes with a little bit of A-rank Animes as well.

I can name you at least a couple of B and A-rank Anime that make this season not so bad!


I'm judging it by how many shows I will complete in a season.

This season: 4
Last season: 16

I didn't even pick up 16 shows this season. Picked up 12 and dropped/holded all but 4.

The only A-rank shows imo this season are Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai (probably rushed as all hell tho) and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. Others may add on One Punch Man, but I personally didn't get anywhere with it.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

bobland wrote:

I'm judging it by how many shows I will complete in a season.

This season: 4
Last season: 16

I didn't even pick up 16 shows this season. Picked up 12 and dropped/holded all but 4.

The only A-rank shows imo this season are Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai (probably rushed as all hell tho) and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. Others may add on One Punch Man, but I personally didn't get anywhere with it.


I see. Well, everyones tastes differ and if you were to ask me personally, I believe people would be astounded and shocked if you were to tell them that Chivalry of a Failed Knight was an A-rank Anime over One Punch Man. I know a lot of people that think Chivalry is a C-rank series that only becomes a B-rank series at its best, but then again, everyones tastes are different.

Next season looks promising and judging from my list here, having picked 20+ series from winter 2016 gets my hopes up for more hidden gems and such!
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/17/15
A couple of series just ended today, so it's still time to post your hidden gem!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.